“seen dog houses better than this motel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn & Suites at the Falls - Niagara

You added Budget Inn & Suites at the Falls - Niagara to your Saves list
Budget Inn & Suites at the Falls - Niagara
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9900 Niagara Falls Blvd., Niagara Falls, NY 14304 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn - At The Falls)   |
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Austin, Indiana
“seen dog houses better than this motel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I reserved this room online mainly because it was cheap and we had a dog so it was pet friendly..the clerk did not speak english did not know I had reserved a room had to call owner promised me i would not be double charged and I was. entering room curtains were duct taped to wall stains on wall stains on the sheets door would not close all the way the end tables had stains toilet would not flush carpet was not vacummed very dirty ants all over the room even in the bed trash under the beds condom wrappers in the night stands toilet did not flush room smelt aweful they would not refund anything we paid for 2 nights (actually 4 since we got double charged) didnt even stay for 1 night! we ended up goin to our car then booking at motel 6 for the next night! this place needs to be SHUT DOWN! had to wash all of our clothes because of bugs never again!

Room Tip: go to motel 6 if you want good quality for a good price!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
El Cajon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Complete dive. We booked online through Priceline for a king bed at a decent price. We knew we weren't going to be having the best place but for a nights sleep we figured no biggie AND they were pet friendly.
When we got there the place looked completely run downed and unkept. Check in went smoothly but then we were taxed extra. When we asked why we were being taxed on top of the 13% they couldn't provide an answer. It was only an extra $6 but still an unexplainable extra tax????
Rooms had 2 fulls NOT the king we booked online. Rooms were run down.
The room, for me, was gross. I would definitely bring shower shoes and pj's. Sheets had holes, rug looked moldy/old, BRING toiletries for the bathroom, none were supplied. Artwork looked like it had been ripped off the walls. It was a comical stay though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Beaverton, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

This hotel is the worst piece of crap I have ever been to. I traveled to Niagara with my family only to find nothing in the room working. The manager is only concerned about the payment. Since i have booked very well in advance and not in a state to look out for another one with my family, I had to stay. Ok fine ... what if there are few problems, the things which pissed me off were -
1. The clerk / manager is not in a state to fix any of the things.
2. Least they are not ready to reimburse atleast some of the amount.
3. I booked through price line, the photo posted on the site is entirely different that what it actually looks.
4. Like the past review, any review > 1 is a fake, and any below average motel is far better to live than this.
5. The worst part is Priceline also cannot fix this since this is all part of the package.

Room Tip: Please don't spoil your vacation. Any below average motel is far better to live than this.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This place was so bad i have never slept in such a horrible room i would rather sleep in my car... I am not kidding. not worth $52.99 EVER! there is also no pool they say its under RENOVATION but it looks like it hasn't been opened in 10 years. DON'T GO HERE OR YOU WILL BE SORRY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Should be zero, not one. Absolutely the worst motel my wife and I have ever experienced in our 26 years together. We just needed one night before flying out from BUF the next day and wanted to be closer than the Finger Lakes region. but it was a huge mistake to book this terrible place based on cost.

Carpet, bathroom, everything was so gross, it's beyond words. We had to go back to the clerk for towels, which looked really used and dingy. No toiletry items (luckily we had brought our own). My wife couldn't stand the smell and actually had to go outside and sleep in the rental car.

It was slightly cheaper ($20-$30) than one of the recognized chains, but given our awful experience, we now know to book a Motel 6 or other brand name rather than a filthy pit like this place.

Any of the reviews higher than one must be fake...there's just no way they could possibly be true, unless those people are used to living in slums.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Pros: Late Checkout Time, Continental Breakfast, dogs allowed.
Cons: Horrible damp smell when entering/throughout hotel, Locks on entrance to building difficult to operate, hotel clerk frequently not at desk because she's outside smoking, Creaky hall ways, no elevator to 2nd or 3rd floor, lack of cleanliness, room was less than what we expected.

We got to the hotel at 900pm, check in was very easy and quick. We found our room before unpacking the car, and our King size jacuzzi sweet was on the 3rd floor. There was no elevator, just stairs. We get into the room and right off the bat notice that there are iron burns on the rug, cracked tiles in the bathroom, the light above the jacuzzi does not work, and the alarm clock was not plugged in or set for us upon arrival. Above all of those crappy things, our door and door frame did not meet completely. Under the door handle there was a semi-large and clear gap where you could see into the hallway (from our room) and into our room (from the hallway). This gap pointed directly towards our bed (VERY creepy and weird). All other suites were booked, so we were stuck. The view was great, if you consider looking at the grown over dump and street a good view. The heater in the room was also temperamental, and the traffic around the hotel was very loud.

We spent a good amount of time in the hotel room over 2 days (at night mostly) and it was close to the Outlet shopping center, Apple Bees, Dennys, Chilis, and Bob Evans, but was not very near the falls. The TV in the room was large, but had a long delay between EVERY channel switching, and the TV channel list had a long drawn out hand written god/religious message on the back of it - which I thought was slightly offensive that they left in the room prior to our arrival.

The jacuzzi was just a glorified large bathtub that, me being on the heavier side (200 lbs), my boyfriend (145lbs) and I barely comfortably fit into, and the amount of hot water that was available seemed to be barely enough to get a luke warm full tub. You could also see gaps between the walls and the jacuzzi, and the faucets leaked when turned on onto the floor outside the tub.

We bought a vacation package that had this hotel in it, and end the end both the tourism place AND hotel charged me, therefore I got charged DOUBLE. The hotel denied they charged my card, and there was a long drawn out process of getting my money back.

WE WILL NOT be going back or recommending this hotel. It was a dump, and their suite was nothing more than a large room with a few extra things that weren't even worth the extra room $$.

Overall, I'm disappointed... but I guess that's what I get for going with a hotel offered through a package.

Room Tip: Do your research!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at this motel in August 2010. Thank goodness it was just overnight to see Niagara Falls and to move on. The staff at the desk were nice and seemed if anything, sympathetic.
The room we stayed in was filthy, from the dirt on the floor to the mould in the bathroom.
Outside of the dodgy patio doors was a scene of discarded furniture that someone had set alight.
I would not recommend this motel even as an economic place to stay. If I were staying longer than one night, it would have ruined the holiday.
The best part of this experience was driving away the next day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family