“AWEFULL DONT GO HERE EVER” 1 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Budget Inn & Suites at the Falls - Niagara
Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga, Canada
“AWEFULL DONT GO HERE EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This place was so bad i have never slept in such a horrible room i would rather sleep in my car... I am not kidding. not worth $52.99 EVER! there is also no pool they say its under RENOVATION but it looks like it hasn't been opened in 10 years. DON'T GO HERE OR YOU WILL BE SORRY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Should be zero, not one. Absolutely the worst motel my wife and I have ever experienced in our 26 years together. We just needed one night before flying out from BUF the next day and wanted to be closer than the Finger Lakes region. but it was a huge mistake to book this terrible place based on cost.

Carpet, bathroom, everything was so gross, it's beyond words. We had to go back to the clerk for towels, which looked really used and dingy. No toiletry items (luckily we had brought our own). My wife couldn't stand the smell and actually had to go outside and sleep in the rental car.

It was slightly cheaper ($20-$30) than one of the recognized chains, but given our awful experience, we now know to book a Motel 6 or other brand name rather than a filthy pit like this place.

Any of the reviews higher than one must be fake...there's just no way they could possibly be true, unless those people are used to living in slums.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Pros: Late Checkout Time, Continental Breakfast, dogs allowed.
Cons: Horrible damp smell when entering/throughout hotel, Locks on entrance to building difficult to operate, hotel clerk frequently not at desk because she's outside smoking, Creaky hall ways, no elevator to 2nd or 3rd floor, lack of cleanliness, room was less than what we expected.

We got to the hotel at 900pm, check in was very easy and quick. We found our room before unpacking the car, and our King size jacuzzi sweet was on the 3rd floor. There was no elevator, just stairs. We get into the room and right off the bat notice that there are iron burns on the rug, cracked tiles in the bathroom, the light above the jacuzzi does not work, and the alarm clock was not plugged in or set for us upon arrival. Above all of those crappy things, our door and door frame did not meet completely. Under the door handle there was a semi-large and clear gap where you could see into the hallway (from our room) and into our room (from the hallway). This gap pointed directly towards our bed (VERY creepy and weird). All other suites were booked, so we were stuck. The view was great, if you consider looking at the grown over dump and street a good view. The heater in the room was also temperamental, and the traffic around the hotel was very loud.

We spent a good amount of time in the hotel room over 2 days (at night mostly) and it was close to the Outlet shopping center, Apple Bees, Dennys, Chilis, and Bob Evans, but was not very near the falls. The TV in the room was large, but had a long delay between EVERY channel switching, and the TV channel list had a long drawn out hand written god/religious message on the back of it - which I thought was slightly offensive that they left in the room prior to our arrival.

The jacuzzi was just a glorified large bathtub that, me being on the heavier side (200 lbs), my boyfriend (145lbs) and I barely comfortably fit into, and the amount of hot water that was available seemed to be barely enough to get a luke warm full tub. You could also see gaps between the walls and the jacuzzi, and the faucets leaked when turned on onto the floor outside the tub.

We bought a vacation package that had this hotel in it, and end the end both the tourism place AND hotel charged me, therefore I got charged DOUBLE. The hotel denied they charged my card, and there was a long drawn out process of getting my money back.

WE WILL NOT be going back or recommending this hotel. It was a dump, and their suite was nothing more than a large room with a few extra things that weren't even worth the extra room $$.

Overall, I'm disappointed... but I guess that's what I get for going with a hotel offered through a package.

Room Tip: Do your research!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at this motel in August 2010. Thank goodness it was just overnight to see Niagara Falls and to move on. The staff at the desk were nice and seemed if anything, sympathetic.
The room we stayed in was filthy, from the dirt on the floor to the mould in the bathroom.
Outside of the dodgy patio doors was a scene of discarded furniture that someone had set alight.
I would not recommend this motel even as an economic place to stay. If I were staying longer than one night, it would have ruined the holiday.
The best part of this experience was driving away the next day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto Ontarioo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I stayed at the Falls for new years eve. This place seeemed like a good idea because the cost was so little for our group of 30. I should have just payed abit more for quality. Upon arrival we noticed the room was not as clean as one would think a room would be. We could not unlock our door 3 times while there, we then had to walk to the front desk 3 times. and of course after the clock hit twelve and we get back to our room we couldn't get in yet again and had to ask the neighbouring room to let us in. I tried to clean the room the best i could before i left. I left a decent tip for the room service and told the room service ladies that there was a hole in the bathroom door at the top which was there when we arrived. She agreed that it was ok but wanted to see the rest of the room. She couldn't go into the room to check it out because the lock was still broken and said she would check it later. I called back to make sure everything was fine and the manager told me that my friends and i put the hole in the door. I now payed 240 dollars for the room 75 dollars for the door, 315 dollars was payed to stay at the worst hotel on earth . TOO ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE OUT THERE ITS NOT WORTH IT. They pick on the younger people and take advantage of us. TOO ALL THE OLDER PEOPLE. the quality is so low they should almost be shut down.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

yea thats right this place is full of bedbugs 15 mins in the room and there were four bedbug running across our stinky bed, and now thanks to americas best inn our house is full of bedbugs. by the way thanks to panamerican tours for thanking us to the lowest class motel in niagara falls.

ps: stained sheets, durty pillows, horrible bathroom, and nasty attitude staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank b20hatcheg
Walden, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Upon checking in, clerk had no clue I had reservation, which were made in January. Upon showing him the print-out of the confirmation, he called the owner on the phone and spoke to him about my arrival and claim. Clerk then asked me to pay for the room, again I pointed out that the room had been paid for when the room was booked. He then spoke to owner and then handed me the phone to speak to him. I stated to owner that the room was paid for when it was booked in January. Owner then stated "No we only hold the room, and you must pay for it now.".... Now the fun begins.... Entering room it was freezing, turned on heater/AC which was hot forced air, very dry; Door had a gap between it and door jam allowing cold/hot air to enter room; Bed linen did not appear to have been fresh; Jacuzzi had ring around tub and dirt in the intake opening; Flushed toiled and it didn't flush correctly, had to take the lid off and flush again pulling up on the flushing arm; Hot water valve at the sink came out in a trickle as the shut off value under sink was turned off; Inter-net did not work for me and clerk told me other people also had problems getting on-line; I dropped my ring on the floor and it rolled under the bed, looking under the bed to get it, I was shocked to see how much dust and dirt was under it, it wasn't vacumed since day one, I would bet the ranch on that and this was a suite; Overall lighting in sleeping room was poor as there were only two table lamps on each side of the bed; Owner was suppose to come in to correct billing and I'm still waiting for refund to be made as of this posting... And I thought I was getting a good deal... yeah, In my dreams.... NOT....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business