and 1 more site!
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Oshawa, Canada
“Beware”
Reviewed November 26, 2007

My son and I spent the American Thanksgiving in the States and stayed at the America's Best Value Inn. They tried to charge us $10 more then the 79.99 that we had been quoted. I noticed this change and got it corrected. They gave us a room with one King size bed in error and that had to be corrected. We were meeting my Brother and his wife at this hotel so we couldn't switch hotels, otherwise at this point I would have looked for another hotel. It also was a very busy weekend and I wasn't sure another two rooms could be found very easily. When we entered our room it was dirty. The carpet wasn't vaccumed, there was crumbs and mess on the table in the room, the sink in the bathroom was cracked and the tap had dirt on it. The tub had a big hole in it. The phone was dirty, The smoke detector was hanging off the ceiling. There was dirt on the pillowcases. I went out to a store bought some cleaning supplies and cleaned the room. We got new pillowcases from a women who claimed to be the maid. I told her about the room and she said that she would make sure to clean it the next day while we were shopping. We asked for a wake up call at 5:00 a.m. so we could get to the stores for the door crasher sales. We woke up at 6:30. They hadn't called us. I informed the desk. When we arrived back after shopping the room had not been cleaned. The beds weren't made and there were no clean towels. When we asked for clean towels the maid came to the room and told us off. When I asked why the room hadn't been cleaned as promised she said that she couldn't clean the room because our suitcases were on the floor. I then informed her that we had taken our suitcases in the car with us (I was worried that they wouldn't be safe). When checking out I spoke to the manager about the troubles we had had. He said nothing could be done. The people behind us in line also told him that their room had not been cleaned. Beware!!! of staying here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Colandy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Alameda, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I like to travel and stay in inexpensive motels since I don't spend much time there except to sleep. So I am used to economy lodging.
I have never written a motel review- and I have stayed at some bottom of the barrel motels- but this one was the worst.
Several days before our arrival, I called to confim my reservation and the manager- Sam- did not have record of it. I called the America Best Value Inn corporate offices twice-- they told me they would follow up and call me back but never did. I then both emailed and faxed my reservation to Sam. The next day I called to confirm he had received my reservation and he did and confirmed it.
When I arrived at the motel, Sam told me he had no record of my reservation. I showed him the confimation and reminded him that I confirmed and faxed the reservation days before. He still refused to honor my reservation.(I had travelled for 10 hours from the west coast woke up at 2:30 am to catch an early flight-and had no patience for this). The person before me claimed he was overcharged and other guests were disgruntled. I knew that Sam did not want to honor my reservation because I booked it several months ago at a low rate. I told Sam that Americas Best Value Inn told me he would have to pay to put me up in another motel if he did not have a room for me. Then, miraculously, he found a room. I reserved a nonsmoking room and he gave me a smoking room. I had called and asked for a coffeemaker a week before and he told me I could have one. Then at the motel, he refused to give me one.
The microwave in the room did not work. My boyfriend carried it back to the "reception" area and Sam told me he would get me one tomorrow. I said no I need one now....back and forth...and I finally got one.
The room was dirty. My towel had several large orange stains on them-- actually I think it had not been washed-- it was food or something. The fridge and microwave were filty. The towels had holes in them. My bed had a huge sag in the middle.
We asked for ice and Sam stuck his hand in a bag of ice and then put it in our bucket-- needless to say we had no ice the whole weekend.
After a day out -- literally gone 12 hours-- we came back to our room to find the door open-- the maid did not securely close it.
I would not stay here again. And I would not stay at an America Best Value Inn again. This is the second one we have stayed at (the first was in Lancaster, PA) and they were both very bad experiences.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — see review
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Reviewed January 17, 2006

This place was the worst place I have ever stayed at (I have traveled throughout the continental U.S.). This hotel was musty, the bed mattress was old and worn out, the mini refrigerator was moldy, the staff did not clean the room or give you a change of towels at all. The ice machine was in a room with gas cans and lawn equipment. The continental breakfast (coffee, tea, Tang, Oreo cookies and one mini mini muffin) was in the office with 2 chairs and small counter top for use for the whole hotel. This place was disgusting !!!

• Stayed August 2004
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 10, 2005

I'll let my photos do the talking. I paid $86 for THIS?!?!? Well, at 11pm after 10 hours of driving and finding no bugs in the funky looking beds, we stayed. Do not be as foolish as we were. Do NOT stay here! It is really nasty here and they don't clean the rooms AT ALL. We found some woman's shirt on the floor behind the TV!!!
Look at the photos and you will see what a gross place this is.

• Stayed August 2005
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 7, 2005

We stayed in an end unit and it was noticably larger than most Motel
rooms I've seen. There was a small fridge and a microwave in the
room. Room was clean and suitably furnished. This is not the Ritz and if
you're looking for more than just motel lodging at a reasonable price,
go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2004

UHG! Upon entering the hallway to the room, you can detect the aroma of mildew---an old building! The room upon entering, was acceptable. I kicked off my shoes after an exhausting day of sight seeing, went to the area between the beds, barefooted, when something sharp stuck my foot. Upon investigation, I found someone else's toenails on the fairly new carpet. When the bedspread was pulled back, their was dried blood on the underside of the bedspread. Their were long black hairs on the sink and floor in the bathroom. The female staff member who ran the desk, was very indifferent to us, and was more interested in reading her novel than our qustions . She made us feel as if we were really imposing on her if she had to stop reading---god forbid we make her lose her place in her book.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2003

No coffee maker in the room, no shampoo and no tissues. Pool area looked like a bomb went off. Very poor continental breakfast, coffee, chocolate chip cookies, oriole cookies and hostess muffins and orange juice. No breakfast area. Cleaned room using way to much pine cleaner.
72 hrs. cancel notice is a bit much.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member