“Good value for the money”

Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
toronto
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed June 1, 2007

Just came back from the hampton inn niagara falls, New York.
I felt that I had to write about our experience because of the terrible ratings its been getting . We last stayed there last fall so was a little worried after reading some bad reports that were written lately. I was greeted by a friendly staff that confirmed our non smoking room . It was indeed non smoking and didn't smell at all. The room was clean and the cleaning staff left us extra shampoo on our second morning.(we stayed two nights).The free breakfast is really a nice touch. They had eggs and sausage and the regular cold stuff like fruit, juice and cereal. The second day had french toast for its hot meal. Got some apples to go and we were set for our day of shopping. Make sure to ask for a CAA or AAA discount. We had no problems there and are planning our next shopping trip .

• Liked — The Hilton Beds and pillows
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank benney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2007

Hampton Inn has one of the worst customer service I have seen in my life. They had cancelled my reservation and did not even inform me of the cancellation. The check in time was 4:00 PM and I checked in the hotel at around 4:30 PM, the receptionist at the hotel told me that my reservation is cancelled and they dont have any rooms available. And she was very rude. Never ever will I stay in this hotel.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Customer Service at the front desk
2 Thank SunnyCleveland
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed April 25, 2007

Not sure why this hotel is Trip Advisor #1 choice. We stayed on a recent Friday night while traveling around the area visiting colleges. We did not wish to cross the border (forgot son's birth certificate) so had limited choices. The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood in my opinion. It is near the Seneca Casino (which does look kind of cool although we didn't visit due to aforementioned underage son). However right next door are some houses that my son referred to as the "crack" houses and he was right this wasn't just a blue collar neighborhood it looked a bit more skeavy than that. There must be a reason the hotel has a card swipe/guard window set up when you come in at night.

The front desk was pleasant enough at check in but when we got off the elevator for our 2nd floor room the whole corridor wreaked of cig smoke. We double checked the symbol outside the door of our room to make sure we were on a non-smoking floor but evidentally they only go by rooms. Once in our room it was fine, you couldn't smell any smoke but the rest of the hotel really smelled of stale smoke. The room had been reconfigured somehow so that there was a table and 2 chairs and no desk or handy way to use our lap top. I had to call the front desk to get the free internet pass word and they sounded surprised that I wanted it. But I had booked Hampton specifically because they are usually business oriented and have easy connections for in room computer use. Oh well I guess they usually have strictly tourists in this particular Hampton.

The bedding was comfy Hampton style stuff but they skimped on the toiletries at this Hampton, no shower cap, no lotion, no mouth wash. Not big things just enough to notice they aren't up to par with other Hampton Inns.

I am rambling but I think if I were going to the Falls for the first time for a quick peak I would choose something closer to the State Park/Goat Island. We tried to walk down to the Park and got about two blocks and decided we would not feel safe walking home in the dark (Mom and teenage son) so we took the car to a restaurant (The Coach Grill) and walked from there a short distance to see the Falls.

• Liked — the hotel was clean and bedding was comfy
  • Disliked — Questionable neighborhood
7 Thank capecodyankee
Omer, Israel
Reviewed April 15, 2007

BOTH non smoking rooms we booked reeked of stale smoke. The receptionist, when asked about it, asked whether we wanted her to come spray!!! Everything else was ok.

• Liked — Breakfast was fine
  • Disliked — Stale smoke odor in two non smoking rooms.
4 Thank West_U_2005_2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 10, 2007

We needed to go to Niagara Falls for a family emergency. When we travel, we try to stay at a Hilton Hotel or one within their family of hotels. This hotel although not a Hilton, is within the Hilton family, but It was no where near our usual Hilton experiences.

The rooms are pleasent, the lobby is very nice, and breakfast is good for being included in the price of the room. But if you are not out of your room by 12:00 pm, they do not clean your room unless you call down to let them know you are leaving and they can come in to clean. Something which they do not tell you. We stayed there for five days and two out of those five days our room was not cleaned. We called down to the front desk after returning, finding our room had not been cleaned. We were told by the girl at the front desk that their records showed we had a Do Not Disturb sign on our door, which we had removed when we left our room around 12:00 pm. We know this was the time because we had to be at the funeral home in Gasport by 2:00 pm and we needed to stop for lunch on the way, so we had been aware of the time. And when we found the room not cleaned, that was the first thing we checked for. Also it was a bit strange to be told we had a DND sign on the door, concidering that the person who comes into the room to leave the goodies for the Hilton Honors Gold members, came into our room and left the room next doors goodies in our room on the night stand. We were in room 415 and the goodies were for room 416. We knew this because it was written on the paper they also left on the stand. Anyway, the girl was very rude on the phone to the point that I told my husband that he should speak to her because she was being a [--] about having to come up to our room to bring us clean towels saying it was our fault. She later said I called her a [--], which I did not. I was speaking to my husband and said she was being a [--], not that she was one, nor did I even say it to her directly. Apparently she was the only one in the hotel at that time, so she had to bring the towels. She was so rude to us even when she came to the room, until we told her that we were Hilton Honors Silver members and we were surely going to report this incident to her manager. Up to this point there was no apology or anything. Now we know things happen, we weren't being unreasonable, we just asked for someone to bring us clean towels, and take the dirty ones and the trash. We were made to feel as though we had done something wrong.

Because of the circumstances of our stay, we didn't have time to talk to the manager the next morning before leaving. That night when we returned our room had been cleaned. We thought okay, no more problem. Not!!!! Upon returning to our room on the fourth day, it wasn't cleaned again!!! The girl that was on duty that evening was very nice, apologized and brought us the clean towels, no problem.

The next morning, my husband went down stairs to speak with the manager and again was treated rudely. At this time he was also informed of their be out out of your room by 12:00 pm policy or your room isn't cleaned unless you call. Have you ever heard of such a thing? I haven't and we travel quite frequently for pleasure as well as for my husband's work. Never have we been treated so poorly by hotel staff. Never will we stay at a Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank wegoholoholo
rochester, ny
Reviewed March 16, 2007

I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are very clean, the staff is very helpful, the included breakfast buffet is excellent and we loved the coffee available all day in the lobby. We paid a AAA rate of $66/night during the week, it was the best hotel value I've ever had for this quality of hotel. The area around the hotel is not the best, but the casino is only one block away. We had no problems with parking, and our kids enjoyed having the pool. The lobby is nice and large enough for our group to hang out in the day we checked out. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — the value/price
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank NyPk
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed February 5, 2007

We went to Niagara Falls last May (05) and chose to stay at the Hampton Inn on the New York side of the Falls. Because it is in a non-touristy area, unlike the Ontario side, the rates were more reasonable and we did save on taxes and the exchange rate. The location is close enough to the border crossing by car and within walking distance to the Seneca Casino. The typical ammenities of Hampton Inn were present, in addition, to a Grayline tour desk representative located in the lobby.
S. Fowler