Not sure why this hotel is Trip Advisor #1 choice. We stayed on a recent Friday night while traveling around the area visiting colleges. We did not wish to cross the border (forgot son's birth certificate) so had limited choices. The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood in my opinion. It is near the Seneca Casino (which does look kind of cool although we didn't visit due to aforementioned underage son). However right next door are some houses that my son referred to as the "crack" houses and he was right this wasn't just a blue collar neighborhood it looked a bit more skeavy than that. There must be a reason the hotel has a card swipe/guard window set up when you come in at night.
The front desk was pleasant enough at check in but when we got off the elevator for our 2nd floor room the whole corridor wreaked of cig smoke. We double checked the symbol outside the door of our room to make sure we were on a non-smoking floor but evidentally they only go by rooms. Once in our room it was fine, you couldn't smell any smoke but the rest of the hotel really smelled of stale smoke. The room had been reconfigured somehow so that there was a table and 2 chairs and no desk or handy way to use our lap top. I had to call the front desk to get the free internet pass word and they sounded surprised that I wanted it. But I had booked Hampton specifically because they are usually business oriented and have easy connections for in room computer use. Oh well I guess they usually have strictly tourists in this particular Hampton.
The bedding was comfy Hampton style stuff but they skimped on the toiletries at this Hampton, no shower cap, no lotion, no mouth wash. Not big things just enough to notice they aren't up to par with other Hampton Inns.
I am rambling but I think if I were going to the Falls for the first time for a quick peak I would choose something closer to the State Park/Goat Island. We tried to walk down to the Park and got about two blocks and decided we would not feel safe walking home in the dark (Mom and teenage son) so we took the car to a restaurant (The Coach Grill) and walked from there a short distance to see the Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Niagara Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn