We had a good overall stay at the Hampton Inn in Niagara Falls. Some aspects of the hotel were average to good, while other features were above average. Check-in was quick but seemed to be inconsistent. That is, some guests simply had to provide the usual credit card for incidentals while others had to provide information on their car for the parking lot, and one even had to sign a release to use the swimming pool. There may well be reasons for these differences in procedure, but to the casual observer it seemed unusual.
Our room was clean and pretty well maintained. Some parts of the room are starting to show some age, such as the bathroom fixtures and the mattresses (the latter had lost all their firmness). Our daughter, who is generally pretty easily pleased and never complains about hotels, slept in the sofabed, and she described the mattress as both "springy" and "horrible."
On the good side, the hotel offers a good-sized dining area for breakfast, and the food offered--though the usual Hampton Inn fare--was prepared well, and the staff kept everything well-stocked. Another strong positive for the hotel is the pool area. The pool is a good size, and the water temperature is excellent. It was one of the best pools we experienced on our recent vacation.
The greatest positive for the hotel is its proximity to Niagara Falls State Park. The park is only a half-mile away, and we walked to and from the park each day we were there. If that distance is too great, the city of Niagara Falls offers a shuttle that will stop at the hotel. The Hampton Inn will provide free passes to ride the shuttle, but I have to to say that we found the shuttle's schedule too spread out (only one stop at the hotel per hour) and service too spotty to be useful--it was easier just to walk.
Overall, we had a positive stay here and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Niagara Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn