“Great location!”

Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel is within walking distance to the Visitor Center, but too far for my Mom who turned 80 on this trip. We chose to take advantage of the parking at the Entrance for $12/day with in and out privileges. Loved the Hot Chocolate and Coffee station in the Lobby. The breakfast area was large and the center seating included outlets for your electronic devices. The elevator is at one end of the building, and it's a long walk if your room is at the other end. The higher the room number, the closer to the elevator.

Room Tip: The higher the room number the closer to the elevator if walking long distance is an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hampton_Inn_NF, Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed their stay here. If you will ever be back in the area and wish to avoid the parking fee at the state park but do not want to walk, the city also offers a complimentary trolley during the summer months for guests of the hotel which goes between the hotels and state park.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was only average. The staff was friendly. When we first got there we stood at the front desk for several minutes wondering where the staff was. Finally someone came out and helped us and the check in was quick.

When we got to our room it was hot. I turned the air down and it would not cool off. I went to the front desk and he said maintenance would be right up. Maintenance almost beat me back to the room. He came in and gave me the option of replacing it or changing rooms. I didn't really want to move our stuff to another room, so we opted for him to change the air unit out. The first one he put in did not work, but he found a brand new one and put it in. It probably took 45 minutes in all, but he was very pleasant and helpful. Once the new unit was in the room cooled down finally.

The other problem we had which I am sure they would have fixed, but we didn't want to mess with was the fitted sheet was not so fitted it was too small and would not stay on. I can't imagine how the housekeepers put it on and thought it would stay. My husband consequently slept on top of the sheet officially trapping me on the bed with the sheet. Like I said they probably would have fixed it, but we didn't want mess with it.

The room was dark and the hotel otherwise quiet. We would probably stay again if we didn't have another option but I thing we both agree we are going to stay on the Canadian side next time, as it appears to have a larger selection of nice hotels.

2  Thank vpnow

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issues with your HVAC unit but I am glad to hear our maintenance man was able to fix the problem and I hope that your room was comfortable for you after that. We hope to have you as our guest again for future trips to Niagara Falls, NY!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We spent two nights here. Chose this hotel, since we decided to stay on the US side (to avoid the long lines of traffic driving over the US/Canada bridge). Although the falls are much more spectacular from the Canadian side, the hotel was an easy walk from Canada and all of the sites. Niagara Falls, New York is rather a depressed area. Hotel was a typical Hampton, which is to say that it was a good quality.

1  Thank cyclist6049

Thank you for your comments. I love the view of the Falls from the Canadian side as well, but I would have to say Prospect Point in the state park on the NY side is absolutely breathtaking. I hope you were able to make it to that viewing point as it is definitely beautiful. If you will ever be back in the area we hope to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days. It was sad to see in which state the town has gone. I guess the glamorous times are far away. But then, the Falls area is kept nice and tidy. The park areas are very nice and modern.

The hotel was easy to find as it stays on a very central spot, only surrounded by some houses, empty piece of land and a huge casino. There is plenty of parking space. It is also far away from highways etc. so it is peacefull. Furthermore everything is very standardized. If you have been at one Hampton, you have seen them all. The service at the reception was friendly. The inside areas are clean and the room was also comfortable. During my stay the room was kept very nice and clean. This was very pleasant. When arriving I asked for a nice peacefull room, but found myself at the corner of the elevators and vending machines. Surprisingly, the noise didn´t disturb at all. I hardly heard anything.

Breakfast is a fastfood style happening; grab, eat and throw away. This was not very comfortable, when you think of all that garbage produced every day. When are we starting to think green? This cheap system dropped some points of this place. For dinner you have to go outside. If you like a noisy atmosphere , the Hard Rock Café is the place. For a more delicate style you should try the Red Coach Inn. Their terrace was fine and the food tasty. Both places are at a walking distance. This goes also for the Falls area!

The free coffee at the lobby was a great idea. I saw time to time some fresh baked cookies, but never had a chance to taste one!! I believe they were very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank VikingOlaf

Thank you for your comments. We pride ourselves on having clean comfortable accommodations for our guests. In regards to the plates & plasticware used for breakfast, these items are actually biodegradable and earth friendly. Everything you were eating with, on or out of is called taterware. This is one of the many Hampton Inn programs to become more "green".

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our experience at the Hampton Inn, Niagara Falls was great. We were granted early check-in for which we were grateful. We found the room to be very nicely decorated and very clean. We had a great experience at this facility and would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Ruth B

Thak you for your comments. I am pleased to hear we were able to check you in early. We offer this (when available) at no charge so our guests can get out and see the sites right away. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ok for a one night stay. Interior of halls and room could be updated. Breakfast was average. Considering the other options for hotels close to the falls on U.S. side, this was a good hotel. However, it appeared the Canadian hotels were probably a better choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Renee H

Thank you for your comments & feedback. We are constantly updating and improving our hotel, and your comments are helpful in assisting us with the guest perspective. We hope to see you if you are ever in the area again!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel when visiting the Niagara Falls. Hotel was short walking distance from the falls but in run down area, the whole town is very depressing with shut down businesses, run down houses and shady neighborhoods. Canada side of the falls is definitely nicer with so many great restaurants and entertainment options. Hotel itself was older, carpets could have used cleaning. Room had safe, refrigerator and microwave which was nice. The bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was really disappointing - small selection and I have my doubts that the breakfast eggs originated from chicken, the consistency and taste of the scrambled eggs was something I have never seen before. Next time I definitely would stay in Canadian side.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your feedback. The best way to find out where improvements are needed are by listenting to our guests. With regards to the eggs, we have actually devised a better way of preparing the eggs which has made them much more appetizing. Hopefully you will get the opportunity to stay with us again and give your opinion. We also recently found out that Hampton Inn will be adding items to the breakfast which is very exciting!

The area we are in is definitely much less commercialized than the Canadian side. People often like to stay on this side of the border for the peace & quiet, but visit over there for the day to enjoy the different shops & atrractions that they offer as well.

Thank you again for your comments!