“Lot's of Value”

Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 7, 2008

For the price paid, you really feel like you are getting alot at this Hampton Inn. The hotel was very clean and felt very welcoming. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was great in every way. Absolutely no complaints there. True, it's not luxury accommodations but it was clean and everything worked as expected. Plenty of space in the room as well.

The complimentary internet and breakfast are top notch. Why doesn't every hotel do this? Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here. The only downside is that is located on the USA side of the falls which is not as nice as the Canada side.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank misctraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed January 6, 2008

Spare yourself the anguish and stay away from this Hampton hotel! The demeanor of front desk staff there is nothing less than appalling. Here is an overview of our unsettling experience:

Over the past several years my wife and I have traveled extensively throughout Canada and US, having booked hotels and flights exclusively through our travel agent, Best Points Travel, Toronto. Whenever Best Points makes a booking for us they do so by guaranteeing it with payment in full via credit card. We have never had an issue until we arrived at the Hampton Niagara.....this time!

We arrived at the Hampton around 4pm on Dec 7th and were greeted by a less than enthusiastic "Guest Service Supervisor" who advises us that there was no reservation in their system for us. We then produced a written copy of the same we received from our agent which included the confirmation number provided by the hotel. After scanning her screen for a few minutes she managed to actually find our reservation. We were advised however that we were noe expected to pay for the room with our own credit card. When I questioned why, the " Guest Services Supervisor" became visibly frustrated and short with us.
She said that it may not clear for payment but by that time we would be long gone??? I advised that we were there on two previous occasions and it was an acceptable payment at that time. She replied that I was just wrong and she refused to look us up in the hotel system. She then asked if we were going to book a room or not? If so she wanted our credit card and supporting ID. I suggested that we provide ours as a backup in the unlikely event that our agents does not process. A firm "no" was the reply. At this point I realized we werent making any progress and decided to call our agent in Toronto for assistance. I asked if I could use the hotel phone. Once again, "no" was the answer. I used my cell and put the "Guest Service Supervisor" on with our travel agent who also tried to make suggestions to apese her and allow us to get to our room. I was then handed my cell back only to be informed by our agent that the Guest Service Supervisor "was tired of this nonsense" and actually CANCELED our room as she no longer wanted us to stay there???? A prepaid room that was canceled right before our eyes? Unbelievable!! I still don't know how but we kept our composure and walked out as she snickered under her breath.

Given that we our original intention was for a quiet weekend getaway, we asked our agent to book us a room elsewhere. As we awaited details of our new accommodations,
I decided to go back in and obtain business cards so that we could follow up with Hampton about our surreal experience. As I approached the desk however, the two women at the front desk began giggling and the "Guest Services Supervisor" inquired aloud if we were Canadian? Pardon Me?? When I said that we were, she responded with some very derogatory comments that aren't worthy of print - I simply walked out again.

We finally got settled in at a nearby hotel, albeit sharing with 200 hockey players in town for a tournament and ended up missing our dinner reservations that evening - thanks Hampton!

Shame on you Hampton Niagara Falls - the conduct of your front desk staff is at best unprofessional and at worst condescending and offensive

JF
PS To date, our emails and calls to "Customer Service" at Hampton Head Office have gone unanswered.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Feth
hotelbob, Manager at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2008

In response to this statement, we are the number 2 hotel in this area. We outperform in customer service and customer satisfaction consistently. Mr. Feth walked into our hotel with a piece of paper stating that payment had been made by his travel agent. We found his reservation to see that there was no statement showing the reservation paid, or attempted to be paid. His reservation was just that, a reservation guaranteed for late arrival. Mr. Feth became abusive with my Front Office Manager, insulting her peronally, and in turn assaulting the Assistant General Manager. We tried to resolve the situation requesting alternative payment which he refused. Unless it is a guaranteed reservation, Visa and Mastercard regulations state that cardholder must be present at time of purchade for transactions made by lodging. As far as not allowing him to use the phone..this is completely false. We would do everything in our power to help our guests.

Reviewed December 19, 2007

Stayed here for 3 nights late November, 2007. Usual Hampton Inn standard. Excellent location, quiet street, you can walk to the US side of the falls in about 10-15 minutes and then across the bridge to the Canadian falls although we parked our car closer to the border crossing when we walked into Canada. The hotel is also about 5 minutes walk to the Seneca Casino. The Hampton Inn hotel staff were excellent, the room was excellent and the breakfast was also excellent - plenty of choices. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying on the US side of Niagara Falls.

Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank Kaye&Steve
Reviewed November 25, 2007

My family of four stayed at the Hampton for one night as a quick stayover before driving to Waterloo the next day. We arrived late and didn't look around much, except to sign in and go to our room. The room was clean - the bed was so comfortable! It was one of our better sleeps. Our twin boys slept on the pull out sofa and I cannot complain - the bedding on the sofa bed was clean and fresh.
Breakfast in the morning was good, wish they had a healthy cereal choice though that didn't contain so much sugar.
Will definately stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank TwinBoysMom
Reviewed November 9, 2007

3 of us spent 1 night in Hampton Inn Niagara Falls last Fri. It’s very easy to find even at night. Close to Rainbow Bridge, and the neighborhood is safe.

Free parking at the hotel. However, you need to get the room key first then you can access to the parking lot. I didn’t realize it when I drove by the gate. Pressing the buzzer few times but no one picked up! So I had to park in front of the hotel (every single spot was being taken, or reserved for disable drivers at the open lot), went to front desk check in and got the keys.

Room was in a big size. It’s not trendy, but very clean and with comfortable bedding. There were clean towels, hair dryer, coffee machine (very mini) in the bathroom. Tv was in 90’s style but who cares? We didn’t spend a lot of time in the room. Free local calls. Also if you have a phone call, you can call from room and without any charges, it’s really neat! There is a swimming pool on the ground floor, but we’ve never tried.

The Seneca Niagara Casino is opposite to the hotel. There are nice restaurants inside the casino. After a 2 hours drive from Toronto, we could have a good meal there even in a late night!

Complimentary buffet breakfast was so good. Recharged our energy before a long day shopping trip! But the breakfast room was very full in a Sat morning. May need to wait for a table.

Only bad thing about this hotel, is the wall... Wall is thin. You can hear the noise from next door. Also there was a false alarm issue around 11-11:30pm. It lasted for about 20-30 mins... then it was gone.

Overall a very pleasant stay. For the price, location and facilities, I would definitely stay here again when I’m visiting Buffalo next time!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank happy_evil
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Other than what's run by the National Park Service which is excellent, the whole NY side of Niagara Falls seems old, run-down and tacky. A big, gaudy casino dominates the area. It does have an exceptionally good $20 buffet though.

What I like about Hampton Inns is that one can usually expect hotels to have rooms and service that are standard across their facilities. So one hotel tends to be pretty much the same as the other. This differentiates them considerably from others such as Holiday Inn or HI Express which can be a mixed bag. The Niagara Falls Hampton Inn is like the others. Rooms are clean, newish, comfortable and include internet access at no additional cost. After breakfast one can get free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, plus apples and cookies while they last. Staff is friendly and helpful. Location is good. Close by the park. You can walk to the sites.

It seemed like ~1/2 hour walk from the hotel to the park service ticket area. We bought a combo ticket which took us on the elevator to the base of one of the falls (they give you raincoats and sandals) which was fun. After that you keep your raincoat and can take the trolley to the boat ride which goes to the base of Horseshoe Falls. Highly recommended as it's one of those things that you'll think about and remember for a lifetime.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FriendlyTraveler001
Reviewed October 22, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Oct.17. The hotel it's self is very nice well located with free parking. You can walk to the American Falls. Breakfast is very nice and the rooms were clean. My concern was that I had a problem getting a quiet room. They kept wanting to put me on the back side of the hotel were the air conditoners were located on the roof below the rooms. I am a light sleeper and they made alot of noise. They let me check out 4-5 rooms of course they were all on the back side and they only changed floors or moved the room one or two rooms down from the problem area each time. They said they couldn't give me a room on the other side because they were all booked. Of course they could have given me one of those rooms and given someone that hadn't checked in yet one of the rooms they kept trying to give me. I finally just took a room in the back after going up and down checking out rooms for about half and hour. We were tried after driving 6 1/2 hrs. and just wanted a quiet room. I was getting upset and the FRONT DESK was defintitely gettig tired of having me return each time saying it wasn't much better. Would I stay here again...NO WAY. They actually told me when I got their survey to make sure I gave them all 10"s....I doubt that willl happen. At $140 a night I expect to get a room that I am happy with. I guess they could have continued to move me up and down the hall all night but the rooms were still on the back side of the hotel. I acttually had three different people giving me rooms. The final girl was trying to be helpful but said because of the type of room..king bed I had there were only so many rooms to pick from. If you aren't a light sleep I guess this hotel would be fine. Generally I love Hampton's but this one was not my favorite.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple