“Horrible Hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #47 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is the worst hotel ever I stayed. We were two family and we booked a double bed room.
Negatives -
1. Entire hotel (Drive ways, rooms, front office etc) Smells horrible
2. Poor ambiance
3. Bathrooms are horrible....if you turn on water, so much noise comes and its sucks.
4. Beds are very very poor.
5. What not, every thing is negative
Positives :
1. Near to NF state park.
2. May be worth for the value, for 1 night.
3. Staff is good

Recommendation : Don't Stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Srikanth V

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had such an unpleasant stay!!!!!
We arrived at the Niagara Falls America best value inn and our experience was simply horrible!!!
We walk to inquire about vacancy and rates and the front desk stay were horribly rude. We thought of walking out right away but we decided to give the place a chance and visit a room..
We were a group of 10 adults + 1 baby , within our group, we had 2 elderly people, 2 pregnant ladies and 1 ½ year old baby. We were showed 1 room which seemed ok, so seeing that we didn’t want to search all over town for a hotel, we decided to go back to reception and take 3 rooms.
When we inquired the rates we were given an extreme rate of 139$ for the night plus taxes!!! Which is tooooo high!!! I then presented my CAA/AAA card and my best value inn card and I was answered: “maam you are aren’t getting any discounts with any of those cards! I will charge 129$ per room only because you are booking 3 rooms.” In a very rude tone!!!! I then asked well, then what does my Value card give, it says here a 15% discount plus late check-out and other bonuses. The receptionist says: “ we don’t take that card here” if you don’t like it here go somewhere else! At that point some of the member of our group walked out and dais : let’s leave NOW!!!!
Then another lady at front desk started to jump in this conversation and said: “this is our price, you don’t like it; get out and go somewhere else!!!”
Because of the baby and other members with us were not feeling too well, we just took the rooms….what a mistake that was!!!! I should have just walked out as I was asked to!!!!
We say 1 room, which was ok, not great just ok. When we get to the second room, it was dirty from the previous visitor. We were given a room which was not serviced!!! So I walked allll the way back to reception to change the room…. We had requested non-smoking which we were told all rooms that we were given were non-smoking..to my ugly surprise, it was a lie!!!! Room 131 is a smoking room!!!!! So I had to sleep in a disgusting smelly room with a 1 ½ year old baby!!! Seeing that this was the second room we were given, we just took it and said nothing anymore. There was clearly no point on us complaining again, they just didn’t care at reception.
I go to take a shower, the bathtub is moldy and disgusting. The towels are so rough it feels like sanding paper. We had a microwave which didn’t work and no coffee maker. This was room #130
The other room # 131 had a patio door which you had to fight to open with huge spider webs and very dirty chairs. Ugghhhh,,. A moldy bath tub. Horrible towels all stained. And a coffee make but no coffee…and no microwave.
Our third room # 137 was the one we saw, it was cleaner or so we thought….the carpet was filthy there was no coffee maker, no microwave and towels were missing. The patio door was also very hard to open and filthy. This is a fire hazard!!!!! I guess I should have taken pictures to show you!!!!

They just make the “Amercian Best Value Inn” chain go down in standards and reputation!!!!!

It was sooo disgusting, we changed hotels the next day!!!!

Room Tip: GO TO MOONLITE MOTEL!!! they are sooo friendly, sooo clean and sooo helpful!!!! much more affordabl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

First time in this city but last one this hotel. We took this one because all hotels and motels around were book, hallways smell cigarettes and no a/c around. The room also smelly but clean, the pipes make a loud noise. For us work ok because most of the time were out, came just to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel but was scared to see all the negative reviews. But my stay at the hotel was not bad. I got a non-smoking room. The hallways smelled of cigarettes but the room was ok. I did not encounter any broken appliances or dirt anywhere. Sure, the maintenance is not very good but the hotel is not bad for a brief stay. There is free continental breakfast but it is very bare bones. Overall, my stay was not very good but not very bad either.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for non-smoking rooms if you don't like cigarette smell.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LincolnNj
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I never thought there would be a hotel this bad! The only plus side was the location but everything else was HORRIBLE! ... Mold everywhere, POOL was so disgusting it made me shut the curtains and never look outside. Smoke smell all over the room even though it was a NON Smoking room, sheets had burns on them and I found left over chips IN THE BED under the sheets! I am NEVER setting foot in there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank anthonympr
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Hands down, the WORST hotel ever. We had a very nice young lady check us in who assured us a good room and I believe she tried her hardest to accomodate us, but the room was NASTY! Mold everywhere, tv broken, coffee machine broken, carpet filthy, sink leaking, just GROSS! Our view was supposed to be of the pool but instead was of a giant dumpster. We sucked it up and didn't complain at first. Then we decided to complain about the tv and coffee machine and the owner came up and fixed them for us. We decided we had to get out of the ghastly room and once we saw The Falls we forgot all about that awful room! We loved the falls, and were so sad that we chose that hotel to experience them in. We noticed a brand new clean Motel 6 right across the highway advertising rooms for half the price! ... We stayed one night in that crap hole of a room and the next night, the lovely young lady at the front desk was nice enough to let us move to a Jacuzzi suite and it was way better. Overall, we loved the falls but would NEVER EVER IN A MILLION years return to this crusty old hotel!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I didn't think this hotel could be as bad as the reviews; however, I couldn't be more wrong. I have traveled and stayed at hotels all over the country; and this is by far the worst hotel; I've ever seen. So bad that we heard people leaving because they saw bed bugs; we saw old carpet in the hallway with garbage and bugs on the carpet. We left because we couldn't fall asleep, there was a bug smashed on our wall the pillows were stained yellow, broken sink fixtures were thrown on the floor in the bathroom, it was not cleaned when we tried to check in at 6 PM; carpet was disgusting; And to boot when we expressed our concerns; the staff was rude and just said there will be no refund because we booked on Expedia and just said "Good-Bye" and refused to let us voiced our concerns. This hotel is an embarrassment to the corporate chain who obviously must not guarantee quality or satisfaction. Stay away and shame on the management, owner, and America's Best Value Inn for allowing these pride-less people to steal the money of those who assume they might have a decent stay. This hotel ruined our vacation! I can not stress this enough; you will regret staying here- I never write reviews but felt morally obligated to write this so other will not be blindsided by disgusting hole- it should be condemned by the NY's Dept. of Health!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business