“For The Price Good Place to Stay For A Family”

Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls and Casino
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Rotterdam, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2006

This Hotel is alittle dated, BUT, it was clean, the staff friendly and it is within walking distance to almost everthing on U.S. side which saved us time and money looking for a place to park the car. The room rates were very family friendly and the continental breakfast was very, very adequate for children and adults alike.

• Stayed: August 2005

Reviewed December 19, 2005

I recently spent some time in Niagara on business and chose this hotel because I've had good luck with Ho-Jo's in the past.

I wasn't on vacation so I didn't go for a higher end hotel. The price was ok but the hotel should renovate soon. My room was mostly clean and the hotel wasn't in the nicest area.

A little bit of TLC would help this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank nathrbrts
Mogadore, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2005

My expectations were not high -- I only wanted a clean room close to the falls. I did not expect a 5 star hotel. I also did not expect a pool of dried urine behind the toilet lid. I about lost my lunch. There was also hair all over the bathroom floor and gobs of dust coming out of the hair dryer. The best thing I can say is the hotel staff was pleasant and the location was great. I was disappointed with the U.S. side - it was very rundown. My advice is to stay on the Canadian side. It was much cleaner and well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 1, 2005

This hotel is older, but was clean and the room spacious. It was what I expected for the price. We paid a total of $125 + tax for 2 nights (Thursday and Friday). The location was very convenient. We walked everywhere. I know there are nicer places in the area, but the price was a lot more. For a place to sleep you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank mlmellencamp
Reviewed July 20, 2005

In no way shape or form were we expecting a luxurious hotel experience by staying at the HoJo's, but it definitely shows it's age and is very dirty. It was a cheap hotel, I'll give it that much, but spend a few extra dollars and stay somewhere else....like Canada!
Besides the hotel, the area sucked. It was a dirty run down town with no place to get any decent food.
If I had to pick anything good about it - it was close to the falls and the people were generally friendly. That's it.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank lolabrigida
Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I don't understand where all these good reviews come from.... The good thing about the place is that it was 2 blocks from the falls and the casino, also the staff was very nice and welcoming.... But just about every hotel up there is close also...The only reason why we choose this hotel was because they accepted pets and we took our dog.....
Other than that there was hair on the bathroom floor (not just 1), dead bugs on the window, it needs a makeover----period!!!! Stains all over the floor and not to mention I don't think the air conditioning worked over 85 degrees.... We were very uncomfortable sleeping at night..... Looking back I wish we would have stayed on the canadian side (much more to do)..... Just spend the extra money to stay at a nicer place....

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2005

The hotel is nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My husband and I took the Bedore Tours, which is located at this hotel. I had booked the tour beforehand online and saved some money. The tour was fun, interesting, and well worth the money (Thanks, Brady!). By booking my stay online ahead of time, I locked into a great rate. Everything you need is close by. My husband and I really enjoyed our vacation at Niagara Falls. For a nice, economical place to saty, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005