“Not bad, but not super comfy”

The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is reasonable and the price for a Saturday night was fine. The two things that I would say were disappointing was the laminate floor in the room was hard, cold and beginning to wear and not that well installed with gaps. The other is that the bed was rather hard. The staff were very good however.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us honest feedback on our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff was pleasant and accommodating to you. It is unfortunate that you did not like the laminate flooring that is in our guest rooms. We removed all of the carpeting and installed the laminate wood flooring to provide a hypo allergenic atmosphere for our guests. The housekeeping process and maintaining the rooms is much easier with this type of flooring also.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

we came to Niagara for a hockey tournament and the team stayed here. we were told check-in wasn't until 3:00, but we were able to get in at 1:00. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.The room was very clean and a little small, but it was almost soundproof, you could barely hear the noise from the hall.There was an area off the lobby with a TV and a game room that we used often. The only complaint I had was that the pool was in an open area and very cold, also the smoking floors should be cleaned more. Other than that, my family had a great time!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient, but on the phone----I was told free breakfast by reservations---, but NO to it when we arrived. I had 2 rooms for 3 nights. We did eat in the restaurant 1 night and the kids ate free and food and service was good. I did not get my points for staying there either, which I have been watching for since August. Their night manager was totally opposite---I assume that is why I did not get credit for staying, because I did request the free breakfast that reservations had confirmed. They should think about the fact that there are lots of hotels to choose from. I do resent not getting my points and it has made me negative towards Holiday Inn

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Charlotte B,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location if that is what you are looking for, two of the employees I had contact with were fabulous, housekeeping, and the girl that served breakfast. Hotel is old, and partial renovations, like tile on the floors instead of carpet, that were peeling. Could hear everything in the hall. Room is small, but ok. My advice to anyone staying there is to not use the pool or the HOT TUB, it is old, dirty, and dangerous definitely enter the HOT TUB at you're own risk, and don't forget to read all the signs before you enter. By the way I was informed by the hotel that their hot tub is inspected twice a year, although they would not tell me who inspected it. You can judge for yourself!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Sam_4436,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you found the condition of our hot tub less than satisfactory. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been shared with the hotel management for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, we wish to thank you for your candid feedback. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Niagara Fall NY the evening of Dec. 29, 2012. Purpose was to attend the Earth, Wind and Fire show at nearby Seneca Falls Casino. This hotel is a nice hotel, tucked right against the Niagara River just steps from the river and the New York State Park that surrounds the Falls on the US side. You can't stay any closer to the Falls. The American Falls precepice is steps away and there is a nice view from the westerly facing rooms. The hotel had somewhat curious faux hardwood floors in our seventh floor room, Room 710. Never seen this before in a hotel. Not good or bad, just different. The room was clean, quiet and nicely appointed. The room rate was very attractive for a winter weekend, one night stay compared to other options...notably the Casino hotel itself. In the summertime, not sure if the rate differential is the same, but if the Casino is your thing, something to look into since the Casino is also about 0.5 miles away and an easy walk in the nicer weather. We took cabs to and fro just because there was 2 feet of snow and it was too cold to hike. Cabs were easy to find at both hotels. I'm Priority Club Gold member and all our checkin materials were ready on arrival, room ready too. Front desk staff were very efficient and polite. We didn't use any of the hotel's facilities such as pool, restaurant or fitness center. Consider this hotel for a reasonable place to stay in the Falls.

Room Tip: To view the Niagara River as it approaches the American Falls precipice ask for a westerly facing ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SRCFan
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed there last Saturday night, hotel is older but has been renovated (for the most part), rooms were nice and met the expectations. Now to the bad part, they charged a bar tab to one of my rooms (sure, mistakes do happen) but that is not the issue, the way they treated me at the front desk is. A customer should never be made feel like you are lying, especially after I made them pull the ticket and neither my name nor the signature matched so it was clearly the error. The young man (clerk) called someone on the phone while the so-called manager was standing there, and tells them in front of me ... here is a guy who says that a charge is not his ... how do you like that? They were rude and bothered by having to straighten out their own stupidity, never apologized (GOLDEN RULE in Customer Service!) and even tried to get smart with me. I reminded them that I am a multi-year Platinum PC member and didn't appreciate being treated like a schmuck but they were just too busy listening to themselves. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Just stay elsewhere unless you want to be treated like garbage
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jaime M
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for taking out the time to leave us feedback on our hotel service. I apologize that your experience was not pleasant with our front desk staff. We will address this issue with the employees immediately. I would like to thank you for being a Platinum member and also a repeat guest at our hotel. We strive to provide the best customer service and accommodations for our guests. I hope you will afford us the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future so that we can show you how great our staff and hotel truly is.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The facility was very nice and the people were even nicer. Glad we stayed there. The rooms were very clean, the food was awesome and we had a great time in the pool. I travel the globe and there is no replacement for good workers. Paul and Alaina were great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends