I stayed here while attending a conference in Niagara Falls (the Conference Center is about 5 minutes walking distance). The lobby and front desk staff were okay; they were efficient in getting me in to my room. The bedroom was also okay. While it wasn't without it's problems, it wasn't nearly as bad as some other reviewers made out. The flooring is laminate, not carpeting, which is different. I think it's probably easier to care for and clean verses carpeting which stains easily. However, some of the boards were peeling up. The toilet leaked tank must have been leaking b/c it would refill itself for a few seconds every so often. The heating in the room was more than adequate, albeit loud.
I was unfortunate enough to be staying here for one night during some teen hockey tournament. The kids ran up and down hallways, knocked on doors and randomly rang guest rooms for a few hours during the night. This didn't make for a restful sleep but luckily they were gone after the first night and my next two nights were without incident.
The little snack shop in the lobby never seemed to be open. Considering the dearth of coffee shops and convenience shops in the area around this hotel, it would have been nice to be able to get a cup of coffee to go in the morning without having to walk outside for ten minutes to the nearest (and open) shop (in the casino).
The location of the hotel is not bad. If you're on the upper floors, you can see the upper rapids and the Canadian side if your room is located on the right side of the building. You can walk to the top of the falls in about 5-10 minutes or to the Rainbow Bridge in 10-15 minutes. There are very few open restaurants around however, and the rest of Niagara Falls, NY is pretty desolate. The casino is closeby if you're in to that sort of thing - they do have a few restaurant choices. The Visitor's Center is a block away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Niagara Falls hotel offers the perfect location on the New York and Canada border Welcome to the Holiday Inn Niagara Falls hotel. Located at the Ontario, Canada and New York border, our hotel at Niagara Falls is close to not only the falls but many other area attractions as well. Leisure travelers can enjoy our location because of its close proximity to the Niagara Falls. Our hotel puts you right at one of the most beautiful wonders of the world. Other attractions within five miles of our property include downtown Niagara Falls, the Maid of the Mist Boat Tour, Goat Island, Cave of the Winds, the Niagara Scenic Trolley and the Aquarium of Niagara. In addition to its close proximity to area attractions, our hotel near Niagara Falls is also close to many corporations, including the New York Power Authority, Americom, Noco Energy and Olin. In addition, the Niagara Falls International Airport (NIA) and the Buffalo International Airport (BUF) are less than 15 miles from our hotel. If you're looking for a family hotel in Niagara Falls, you've come to the right place. Our accommodations have your comfort in mind with amenities that include a heated, indoor pool and a fitness center. Other amenities include an on-site restaurant, a 24-hour business center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. When looking for the best Niagara Falls hotel, end your search at the Holiday Inn Niagara Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Holiday Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Holiday Inn
- Four Points Niagara Falls