Like so many other Tripadvisors, we selected this particular hotel based on its location. The entrance to the Niagara Falls State Park (or, Reservation, as it was originally known) is truly just steps from the hotel back door. You can park your car for free and never worry about moving it. It is also true that every room has at least a glimpse of either the brink of the American Falls or the Niagara River Rapids leading to the Falls. We were quite satisfied with our room and found the breakfast a bit better than the usual basic continental. Indeed, the only complaint that we overheard from other guests was that there was no pool, understandable in the 90 degree heatwave underway.
All this having been said, it should be noted that Niagara Falls, NY--at least the tourist area--is very compact and walkable and we could see just out our window probably three or four other boxy, cookie-cutter, free parking hotels that would have been only a few steps further from the River. I'd do a bit more comparison shopping if I were to return for another visit.
I'm 64 years old, live in Toronto, and have visited Niagara Falls many times but this was the first extended time I ever spent on the American side. My advice would be to try to visit both the American and Canadian side of the Falls area. The overall view from the Canadian side is awesome and not to be missed. But it was only on the American side, with some of its Olmsted-planned, more secluded pathways along the Rapids and right up between the brinks of the Falls, that one can feel some of the unspoiled beauty of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn "The Pointe" is ideally located at the entrance to the Niagara Falls State Park; it is the closest hotel to the Falls itself, a mere 400 yards from the brink of the majestic American Falls. The hotel is within walking distance to the Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls, the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute and the Seneca Niagara Casino. All of Niagara Falls attractions are within walking distance from our hotel, including the Maid of the Mist boat tour, Cave of the Winds, Goat Island and the Rainbow Bridge to Canada. We are only a short drive from the New York Power Authority's Power Vista, Historic Lewiston, Artpark, Old Fort Niagara, the Niagara Wine Trail and most of Niagara County's other attractions. All rooms feature complimentary wireless internet, 37 inch flat screen televisions with premium TV and movie stations. Many rooms offer splendid views of the thundering rapids, the State Park or the Canadian skyline. We offer all of our guests a complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning available from 7am to 10am. We look forward to welcoming you to Niagara USA and the Comfort Inn "The Pointe" very soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn The Pointe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn The Pointe Hotel Niagara Falls
- Comfort Inn Pointe
- Comfort Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn The Pointe Niagara Falls