This is a tired old place; rooms need updating but not too bad. Everything is clean, and big TV good. They advertise free internet which is ok on the laptop but not working on my iPad (maybe it's just me that can't figure it out).
This place is exactly across the street from the Niagara State Park which is where you go to see the Falls, ride the Maid of the Mist, etc. Free parking! We arrived several hours before checkin time and were told to go ahead and park and do whatever. They did get our room ready ahead of scheduled checkin time. Very nice desk staff!
They have smoking and non-smoking floors. No swimming pool. Free breakfast from 7-10am. Got 2 free toothbrushes from desk when I asked. Got good recommendations for dining, all within easy walking distance. The Seneca Niagara big casino is an easy 3 block walk along with being 2 blocks from Conference Center.
Several souvenir shops next to and across the street have items much less expensive than in the main Falls Visitor Center/souvenir shop. For example, post cards for 35 cents instead of 79cents; magnets for $2 instead of $4.
This downtown area is practically empty, many vacant buildings. The broad main street is partially pedestrian only. We walked a lot in day and early evening and felt quite safe. We saw no homeless people.
The motel is reasonably priced (booked online with AAA discount (or USAA discount) for rates better than posted. it's about 50% cheaper than staying on the "better" Canadian side.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn "The Pointe" is ideally located at the entrance to the Niagara Falls State Park; it is the closest hotel to the Falls itself, a mere 400 yards from the brink of the majestic American Falls. The hotel is within walking distance to the Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls, the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute and the Seneca Niagara Casino. All of Niagara Falls attractions are within walking distance from our hotel, including the Maid of the Mist boat tour, Cave of the Winds, Goat Island and the Rainbow Bridge to Canada. We are only a short drive from the New York Power Authority's Power Vista, Historic Lewiston, Artpark, Old Fort Niagara, the Niagara Wine Trail and most of Niagara County's other attractions. All rooms feature complimentary wireless internet, 37 inch flat screen televisions with premium TV and movie stations. Many rooms offer splendid views of the thundering rapids, the State Park or the Canadian skyline. We offer all of our guests a complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning available from 7am to 10am. We look forward to welcoming you to Niagara USA and the Comfort Inn "The Pointe" very soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Comfort Inn The Pointe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn The Pointe Hotel Niagara Falls
- Comfort Inn Pointe
- Comfort Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn The Pointe Niagara Falls