We stayed at Comfort Inn The Point for one night while stopping over to see the Falls. The real reason to stay here is... you guessed it... LOCATION! While the rooms are adequate, this is more a place to stay when you just need a place to lay your head. Though the rooms were reasonable clean, the furnishings seemed circa 1980 (maybe earlier), and there was no mini-fridge or microwave. Other reviews have mentioned that there is also no pool, and I agree with others that breakfast was a little disappointing.
So here is the good, and it is VERY good: You can walk from this hotel to most places you'd want to see in Niagara Falls. The pedestrian foot bridge to Goat Island (where the falls actually are) is located directly across the street from the hotel, and it's only about a quarter of a mile walk to the pedestrian bridge that takes you over into Canada (Rainbow Bridge) so you can see the full effect of the Falls. Also within walking distance: Hard Rock Cafe, Starbucks, Niagara Adventure Theater, and Niagara Falls Walking Tours.
Tip: If you walk across into Canada, make sure to take your passport with you and also bring two quarters for each person in your party. You will need the 50 cents to get back into the U.S.
Also, ask hotel staff what nights there will be fireworks over the falls during your stay. We felt very fortunate to be there for the show!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn "The Pointe" is ideally located at the entrance to the Niagara Falls State Park; it is the closest hotel to the Falls itself, a mere 400 yards from the brink of the majestic American Falls. The hotel is within walking distance to the Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls, the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute and the Seneca Niagara Casino. All of Niagara Falls attractions are within walking distance from our hotel, including the Maid of the Mist boat tour, Cave of the Winds, Goat Island and the Rainbow Bridge to Canada. We are only a short drive from the New York Power Authority's Power Vista, Historic Lewiston, Artpark, Old Fort Niagara, the Niagara Wine Trail and most of Niagara County's other attractions. All rooms feature complimentary wireless internet, 37 inch flat screen televisions with premium TV and movie stations. Many rooms offer splendid views of the thundering rapids, the State Park or the Canadian skyline. We offer all of our guests a complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning available from 7am to 10am. We look forward to welcoming you to Niagara USA and the Comfort Inn "The Pointe" very soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn The Pointe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn The Pointe Hotel Niagara Falls
- Comfort Inn Pointe
- Comfort Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn The Pointe Niagara Falls