“Great Place if you want to we Close to the Falls”

Comfort Inn The Pointe
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This is my second time staying here. If you are coming to see the Falls and walk around the park it is a great place to stay. Clean with nice staff the breakfast is good and beds comfortable. We had a cot also so for 3 adults and 2 teenagers it was a place to sleep. The parking is free and convenient. You are able to walk to everything and you can catch the shuttle bus at the park to go further into the park. We love to walk back at night and see the color lights on the falls. If you want a high-end hotel this is not the place. If is one of the few places I don't mind a no frills place since we are out and about so much. A good value and the best location. I have spent 3 times as much over in Canada but I didn't enjoy it as much as I do on the unspoiled NY side.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank travel620
Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Hotel is within minutes of walking distance from falls. Hotel is clean. Bath rooms and bath tubs are extra small. Hotel is old, but clean and no noise from adjoining rooms. Good complementary break fast. It saves time and money.
If your goal is to visit falls and spend as much time as possible outside, then this is a good hotel for you. Otherwise, look for something else

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MrOutdoor42609
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I generally do not write reviews and when I usually do I leave positive feedback of my experiences so that others can enjoy the same. Everything about the hotel was bad. The rooms smelled of smoke and was damp. The breakfast area was crowded and there was no place to sit down.This hotel stay has no value for money or comfort. I would suggest renting a RV rather than staying in the hotel. We initially planned to stay for two days but cut short of our trip due to the smell.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tropjehan
Reviewed May 4, 2011

e could not have picked a better hotel. No problems at all. Great location with access to casino, falls, and everything else. Very nice staff. Room was great and very clean. Can't wait to come here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Missbutterbean2
Reviewed April 29, 2011

When we first pulled up to the hotel I was concerned about how clean it was going to be.
Once we were inside the hotel I was surprised about how clean it was and was very satisfied with out room. The bathroom was very clean and so were the beds. I of course checked the beds for stains and bed bugs but found nothing. I did however find it nice that they provided a nightlight for the bathroom. I always bring a nightlight with me because i have never been to a hotel that has had them. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast, it was bagels, donuts and cereal. I think since they have the facilities that they should have offered a more satisfying breakfast. I was a little upset that the only close restraunt was Dennys. I was not pleased with the breakfast at Dennys either. Other restraunts were quite a drive and if it wasn't for our GPS we probably would have starved. I would think this area would be loaded with places to go to shop and eat but it wasn't. We did more shopping and eating in Canada then we did in the USA. The only thing good on the New York side was the sound of the falls from our hotel other wise we had we known what we know now we would have booked a room on the Canada side.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emyjoemaxx
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Even though this hotel looks somewhat aged, don't be fooled-It's really great! You are in walking distance to the park, falls, casinos, and downtown. It's a great deal! We had a room that overlooked the rapids and we slept with our window open to hear this amazing sound! And the view was truly spectacular! They have only a few King rooms, but our Queen room was clean,comfortable,and more than adequate. They provided a normal continental breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mysugarpie
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This was a gem of a place for a budget-minded but quiet family group. Location was perfect for exploring Niagara Falls on foot. We could walk to the Canadian side in 15 minutes and did so daily for our three-day stay.

Staff was consistently friendly and helpful. Breakfast bar was ample and weekend staff person in particular was a delight - warm, conscientious, and gracious. (I wish they had a tip jar! She deserved one.) Room was clean and the whole hall appeared to be recently renovated.

Only downside was the lack of nearby restaurants, in part a result of us visiting off-season.

I would have loved a larger fitness area and/or pool - icing on the cake. For the money and especially if you plan to be out and about most of the time, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family