The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed on the Canadian side a few times before but wanted to try the Red Coach as online, it looked appealing. The building is interesting and the location is close to every attraction that draws people. The staff, however, is outstanding! We had directions printed out for us by the front desk when we asked to see a local winery; there was an unexpected treat awaiting us in the room refrigerator; we had 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts each in the restaurant and found the food and service excellent. Every employee we dealt with handled us in a friendly, professional manner. You won't be disappointed if you stay here!

Room Tip: We asked for a room overlooking the rapids and could see the lights from the Falls and buildings aro...
1  Thank bikermomnearAkron_OH
Mark B, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are glad to hear you had such an enjoyable visit to the Red Coach Inn. I will pass along your kind comments to the staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was our first time to a B&B and we will definitely be back!!! We agreed that it was our favorite vacation ever! The staff was nice and the food was delicious. The room was breathtaking with an oldtime B&B feel with some new modern amenities such as a jacuzzi tub and marble shower with seat. We loved it all and the weather was perfect!

Room Tip: Rent a car ahead of time and pick it up at the airport, the cab is $70 before tip.
2  Thank KristenS133

It is very gratifying to hear you enjoyed your stay at the red Coach Inn. The staff takes a great deal of pride in delivering excellent service. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Red Coach Inn and will definitely be back. Had a Living Social deal for a quick 2 night getaway, what a pleasant surprise. The staff was excellent, food and cocktails were delicious and the room was phenominal. Such attention to detail and personalized service far exceeding the usual chain brands. Highly recommend this property for a romantic getaway (we stayed in the Windsor Suite that had a gas fireplace and large jacuzzi). Feels like home away from home. Also very close to the falls, casino and other area attractions.

3  Thank Kathee O
Mark B, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and your visit to the Red Coach Inn. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will be certain to pass along your remarks to the staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Charming, tranquil, very clean and full of character. We were in the Bristol Suite for two nights. The food was fabulous, the service efficient and friendly and the accomodations tranquil and clean. I would have rated it with 5 stars, but there were some minor inconveniences. The wifi was not accessible in our room at all. The front desk said that they had known this for a couple weeks, but hadn't had a technician out to fix it yet. We were there during the holiday season (New Year's Eve/Day) and there had been quite a bit of snowfall, so I guess it might have been difficult to get things resolved. I felt that the snow removal could have been better in the parking lot and walkways. We had no hot water the first night -- pretty unhappy about that. But it returned in the morning and throughout the rest of our time there. The television in the living area was fine, but the one in the bedroom only received 8 channels. I reported this to two different staff, and they just shrugged their shoulders. No follow-up at all.

All-in-all, these were minor inconveniences and the rest of our stay was was great! Would definitely return in more beautiful weather.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We have addressed the hot water and Wi-Fi issues. We have also followed up on the bedroom TV reception in the Bristol Suite. I am glad to hear your overall stay was pleasant and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Inn was just as charming and inviting as when I had first visited it with my parents back in the 1960's! The English tudor style is classic, and the rooms that I viewed are beautifully decorated consistent with that classic decor -- very warm and cozy feeling, especially on a snowy winter's stay as we experienced. The rooms were spotless, and the complimentary cheese platter and sparking wine split was unexpected, but most appreciated. The staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming. The Dining Room was also classic, with an open hearth and roaring fire each evening, and the bright but cozy side dining room was perfect for the excellent complimentary breakfast which was an all-inclusive part of the stay. I would highly recommend this very excellent Inn to anyone who appreciates classic beauty and being pampered as a B&B guest.

Room Tip: Every room or suite can be viewed online and you can select the one of your choice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ohioboy48

It is very gratifying to receive comments such as yours regarding your experience at the Red Coach Inn. The staff takes a great deal of pride in providing stellar service and ensuring all guest have an exceptional experience during their visit. Thank you for your review and we look forward to next visit

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This historic inn is perfectly located and full of old world charm. The room was cozy and spotless. The breakfast was excellent. We plan to stay here again when we return to the falls. The inn is an easy walking distance from the falls. The only problem we had was with parking. There is a small lot behind the hotel and under normal circumstances is adequate for the inn guests. We stayed there on New Year's Eve and so there were many interlopers in the lot causing us to have to park on the street. I recommend if you want to go to the Canadian side take a cab. Between losing our spot in the lot and having to pay quite a bit for parking on the Canadian side, we deduced that it is better to take a cab next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PennsylvaniaGunther

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at the Red Coach Inn. I will be certain to pass along your comments to the staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Since I was arriving Christmas Day, and there would be no staff present, the hotel called me a couple days in advance to advise that a key would be left behind for me in a lockbox. Although they provided me with the lockbox combination, I must admit that I had a little trouble getting it open. The numbers had worn off, and the dim lighting in the hotel entry made it difficult to read. But after looking at an adjacent lockbox that did have a clear pattern, I was able to get it open. I had the London room, off the parking lot in the back of the hotel. I was pleased to find classical Christmas music playing in the room when I opened the door. There was a personalized welcome letter from the management, along with an amenity plate and collectible Christmas ornament. Very nice touches. It was a very comfortable room with lovely decor, and quiet as can be, until about 6:30 AM. I don't know if that room adjoins the restaurant or laundry room, but all of a sudden I could hear sounds of water being dumped into a sink. It was not a big issue though, as I had plans for the day and was getting up early anyway. I had the crab and asparagus omelette for breakfast, which was delicious. The location is great, with the brink of the Falls just a short walk away. My recommendation would be to spend a bit more, and book an upstairs suite with a view of the rapids. That's what I plan to do next time. I'm glad to have discovered this hotel.

Room Tip: Select a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Globetrekker62
Mark B, General Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay at the Red Coach Inn. Although you experienced a couple of issues, I am glad you had a pleasant visit overall. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff. We look forward to your next visit.