I booked a room at the Red Coach Inn through Groupon as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday. I booked the trip in October, and called a few days before the trip in January to confirm everything was still good to go, and I was told the name of the suite I had booked.
When we arrived, we checked in at the front desk and were told the name of a suite other than the one I had booked. I asked the woman at the front desk what happened, and why they gave my room to someone else, when I been told 2 days ago my reservation was still the same. She stood there looking uncomfortable and silent before walking away to get a manager. The manager told us we'd "enjoy the new room they assigned just as much". I informed him as politely as I could that I had looked through all the different suite pictures on their website (a very helpful tool), and that it was indeed smaller, only one room instead of 2, on the first floor instead of the second, and I wasn't a big fan of the teal color scheme. He apologized, looked in the computer, and "magically" something better was available. He invited us to the bar for a free drink while a different suite was prepared for us.
Once we got all of that out of the way, we were taken to the room by the manager, and it was very beautiful, ornate, and cozy, with a nice view of the falls. We greatly enjoyed the roaring fire place on a frigid January night. The hot tub in the room was clean and spacious. We also appreciated the complementary cheese/fruit tray in the fridge. The king sized bed was incredibly plush and soft, with a sea of throw pillows and blankets. The Bose radio/CD player in the room was a nice touch and sounded great.
After we got back from dinner, we sat in the bar/restaurant to have a drink. Service was great, the low light and large fire place made it very cozy. The next morning we were treated to a wonderful breakfast in the enclosed patio, and enjoyed watching the snow fall and the falls roaring while we ate.
Overall we really enjoyed our time here. A very beautiful and historic old building with nice rooms and nice staff. However, it worked well because of the deal from Groupon, I'm not sure I would pay the regular full price for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built by the Schoellkopf family to resemble the Bell Inn in Finedon, England, and named after the red carriage that brought General Marquis de Lafayette to Niagara Falls, the Red Coach Inn has been welcoming guests to Niagara Falls since 1923. Overlooking the spectacular Upper Rapids just 500 yards from the American Falls, the inn is Niagara’s most distinctive historic structure, with its English Tudor exterior and warm English country ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Coach Inn Historic Hotel Niagara Falls
- The Red Coach Inn Historic b&b Hotel