“Go over the Falls in a barrel before staying here!”

The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 23, 2012

DISGUSTING!! arrived at the Red Coach Inn at approximately 5:15 pm got my money back and checked out at approximately 6:00 pm! Here's why: my husband and I walked into the lobby with both our hands full, three staff members stood there chatting amongst themselves instead of offering us any help. We were escorted to our room by Andrea who had trouble opening the main door to the hallway which I might add was covered in dead moths and spiderwebs! The hallway was dark and uninviting. Upon entering our "suite" the Saxton room, the smell of dust and mold took my breath away! The "suite" was supposed to have a view of the rapids and goat island all I could see was the restaurant awning and people eating! Andre pointed out a slip of paper and said that's for you complementary breakfast all other amenities are "in there" pointed toward the bedroom and left ... Ok.... The amenities we found "in there " were a FILTHY,DISGUSTING bedspread with what appeared to be red pizza sauce or something to that effect (hoping) and some sort of large grey stain .....a very large dead spider at the threshold of the bathroom! And not a towel to be found nope not one ... Not a hand towel, paper towel , bath towel nothing! I don't understand how this could be seeing I had a nice letter in the room welcoming me and letting me know my room was "personally inspected" prior to my arrival! I called the front desk and asked to have the manager sent to my "suite" they sent Jason ..I calmly showed Jason my welcome letter and asked him if he could tell me who it was that did this inspection ... His reply " I did , why" ? Why???? I asked because this place ha disgusting! Did you not see the disgusting food stains on the bedspread? The dead spider laid to rest at the threshold of the toweless bathroom?? Or smell the dust and mold that's hanging so heavily In the air my chest is tight and my throat burning and no I don't have asthma!!!!! Yet! His reply "I must have missed them" missed them ???? Are you kidding ? A blind person could see the filth in this place !!! I explained how disappointed and upset I was that i had traveled eight hours to arrive at this nightmare and now had to find another place to stay .... Jason could have cared less....manager??? I wouldn't let him run my dog's house...... But that's because my dogs house is a palace compared to this beat down, filthy, smelly , disgusting , over priced (260.00 a night ) stained bed spread , towe-less Mis managed, dead spider having dump!!! Run, run fast , and don't look back !

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank lisa t
Gary P, Manager at The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. We appreciate everyone's feedback as it allows us to evaluate our hotel in the eyes of our guests. I have addressed all of the issues, and apologize for any inconvience that has occured. We at the Red Coach pride ouselves in great customer service, anything less is not acceptable. Thank you again and hope to see you on your next visit to Niagara Falls.

There are newer reviews for The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This B&B is very charming and located close to everything Niagara Falls in the U.S. You can literally park there and never get your car out until you leave. We walked everywhere by the falls from the hotel. Everything was clean and decorated beautifully! The surprise little bottle of wine, cheese sampling, and crackers made for a perfect small dinner after eating so much for lunch at a local Indian buffet! The cheese by the way was a very tasty gourmet sampling and just what I always hope to get (and very seldom do) with this sort of thing.

There were a few odd moments however. You couldn't go to your room until it had been "inspected" by the owner so we had to wait in the lobby. The lobby was so nice and the people so helpful that it didn't bother us that much, but it was a little unusual. Also we tried to put our room on a different credit card than the one we'd originally used to book the room because we wanted to get the AARP discount. There seemed to be a problem with this which never really got explained but it all worked out just using the same card.

The only complaint I have is the breakfast we got the next day. You are allowed to order anything on the menu free as a perk for staying at the B&B. The open air restaurant is just wonderful and very pretty with lots of flowers and a nice view. This sounds great. However, in practice it didn't work out. I asked for a crab omelet and specially asked about the crab - was it real crab and not that fake fish stuff? They assured me it was real; but when I got the omelet it was not only NOT real crab but it was overcooked and tough. My husband got a "normal" breakfast, and it wasn't very good either. We thought about complaining and getting a different breakfast; but if the normal one wasn't great, it didn't seem to make sense. We were headed across the border and wanted to get a quick start, so decided to eat just a little of what was presented. I couldn't eat the omelet so my husband traded with me and ended up eating mostly toast - he's such a sweetheart!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We brought friends who had never been to Niagara Falls before and selected the Red Coach because they featured a two bedroom,. two bathroom suite. Perfect for two couples The accommodations were awesome. In addition to the great location, (and being able to walk to so many sites), the suite was just fabulous. Immaculately clean; beautiful appointments. Even a working fireplace. (Cambridge Suite) We were amazed at the breakfast the next morning when our delightful waitress told us to just order whatever we wanted off the menu. (Food was great). The entire experience was extremely positive; we are already making plans to bring another couple to the Falls and, of course, we will stay at the Red Coach. This property is very well managed; the entire staff was courteous and helpful. NO NEGATIVES!

Room Tip: Cambridge Suite is large and perfect for two couples traveling together.
1  Thank UpstateNYTraveler_9
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in the Niagara suite - the two bedrooms and living rooms were tastefully appointed. My family absolutely loved the decor, the location and the atmosphere.

The only downside ... we went for breakfast on a Sunday morning at 10, and did not get our food till after 11. In this period, we must have asked the servers a few times to at least get the food for our two children, and they kept telling us "None of the food is ready" - and the restaurant had maybe just two other tables with guests while we were there! More than the delay in the food, it was the staff that just spoilt the otherwise wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelsalot007
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I decided to visit Niagara Falls over the weekend. It was his first time seeing the falls.As we pulled up to The Red Coach Inn, we were excited to see the incredible view of the rapids. After a quick check in, we were escorted to our room by staff which I thought was a nice touch.The room we stayed in was comfortable, clean and the champagne and cheese plate was a nice surprise. The first night there we had dinner at the restaurant. While sitting outside and hearing the rapids, we enjoyed a delicious meal which came to our table before we can even finish our first drink. All the staff is very friendly and professional. From the jacuzzi in our room to the outstanding complimentary breakfasts in the morning, we felt as if no one else was there and we were the main focus. The Inn is so close to the Falls and attractions. There is parking for guests. We walked the whole weekend and never touched the car till it was time to leave. We will definitely be back and will stay here again. I recommend this place to anyone who plans to see Niagara Falls. It's quiet and close to everything.

Room Tip: There are some suites that you can choose with a view of the rapids.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We loved seeing Niagara Falls from the New York side this year. Along with the grandeur of the Falls, we so loved our two nights at historic The Red Coach Inn this September . It is first class. You feel special and the included breakfasts are divine. Very helpful and friendly staff are available. Champagne and a cheese plate were ready in our room as we were escorted there. We parked right at the flowery doorway of our beautiful room, too. It really is so close to the scenic rapids, you are just a short walk to the Falls and attractions. The American side has the quiet, natural beauty of the state park. Fabulous trip...and you don't need your passport!

1  Thank RayLin99

Thank you for your kind words about our staff,we are very proud of our staff and their commitment to great customer service. We look forward the opportunity to welcome you again to the Red Coach Inn.

Gary Pacioni
General Manager of the Red Coach Inn

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had a delicious dinner with excellent service,
Bathrooms were a walk and stairs away from dining room.
We didn't stay overnight but the restaurant is in great location near Falls and the park,
We were able to walk there after riding on the Maid of the Mist.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends