“Great value for money. Very comfortable and pleasant stay.”
Review of Falls Motel

Falls Motel
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you're used to paying $200+ / night - go ahead and keep doing it... but if you want to pay less than half as much as that and still have a very pleasant stay - I would recommend this place.
Sure, some of the decor was dated, but we had a great sleep and woke up energised and ready to keep exploring NF.

The owners were helpful and extremely friendly. I felt at home in this accomodation.
Breakfast basket was perfect and a nice touch - nothing worse than trying to cram into a small room for breakfast as you do in the other chain hotels.

Short drive to all the attractions and to any food / shopping you could need. The owners also gave us a map and pointed out the highglights and where to find free parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdamCCC
There are newer reviews for Falls Motel

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Falls Motel. Owners are nice, very helpful. Rooms decor is a little dated, but clean. When you leave at 7:00 am and return at 11:00 pm, we really didn't care what the decor looked like! Not within walking distance to anywhere, but with the $$ we saved, It is well worth it. A breakfast basket and fridge (people staying in pricey hotel by the falls had none) were nice additions. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner, the first time we stayed it was better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ML M
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in a room that had 3 beds. It was small, but with 4 kids what do you expect. The owners were very very nice and helpful. I was nervous at first to stay. It was a little out dated and scary looking. But, it was clean. For the price, it could not be beat. Would I stay for a week? No. But overnight to head to the Falls and move along in your trip? Yes. We got everything that we were promised. It was not that bad. Not my favorite, but not bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KMS1122
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I normally like to try mom and pop type motels, and when I saw the ratings for this one I thought it sounded fine for one night. I found out quickly there is a vast difference between a cute vintage motel which was had quality items that were perhaps somewhat dated, but still in good shape - and this hotel which was not vintage or quality, just old.

First of all, the road which runs in front of the hotel will ruin your shocks. I know that's not the fault of the hotel, but it was so terrible that it is worth noting. The whole area was run down with nothing convenient such as gas, food, etc.

The check in area was barely large enough for both my husband and I to stand in while a teenage boy checked us in. To be fair, his dad(?) said he was training him so it wasn't just him there. Both guys were nice enough, but we weren't given any offers of shuttle service etc that I read about in other reviews. Perhaps they would have if we asked.

The room...oh, the room. The first thing I saw when I walked in was a dirty Christmas themed welcome mat/capet. Our room had one queen and one twin bed, as expected. The a/c had not been on and it was very muggy. The decor was absolutely terrible. The walls were uneven, lumpy, and covered in places with saggy lumpy wallpaper. One small light above the queen bed and a hanging lamp above the twin. There was a microwave and fridge and both worked fine, as did the small TV. The room was very small. The bathroom was so small that I had to open the shower stall doors to sit on the toilet without hitting my head on the shower door. It appeared that most of the room was clean, although the carpet just didn't feel clean at all. The shower was ok, but the water pressure changed alot. No extra pillows in the room that I could find.

Road noise was heard throughout the night. We got the same breakfast basket as mentioned in other reviews and it was fine. By 5 am, I was sneezing like crazy. I don't know what was in the room that set off my allergies, but I honestly could not wait to leave. One other thing - and this is not as important as it once was with most everyone having a cell phone - but there was no phone in the room.

I just would not recommend this motel to anyone. I hate to give a bad review to a family owned place, but stay away from this one. Also, you can read my other reviews and see that I am not a critical person normally. I don't think my expectations were too high, but I did feel that there needed to be some balance to all the other great reviews I've read about this one.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank jpochard
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed overnight, July 20, 2012. Warmly greeted by the owner who showed us to the room, and his son brought in a charming breakfast basket. The owner did all in his power to give us the tourist information and to make our stay pleasant. The motel is older and not fancy, but if you are looking for an economical, clean, quiet, and safe place to stay, then Falls Motel is perfect. Close to the Falls and interstate. Unless you are wealthy, what more can you ask for? PS, comfy bed and good pillows...

Room Tip: Ask for room 4. You get to park in the carport and are in the back, with a private little yard. We c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank holly g
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This motel is a great alternative to spending a lot of money. It is cute, friendly and easy access to the falls. The owners are fabulous. Along with being friendly, they know the area well and are more than happy to give directions. The breakfast basket is a nice addition, along with the fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.
The level cleanliness was somewhat lower than I'd like, but not, by any means, gross.

Bottom line, I'd be happy to come back to this cute little room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveling_cheap305
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was 2nd time that I stayed at Falls Motel, 1st Stay in 2010 and second June 2012.
Reasons:
1) Small and Family owned, so feels personal
2) Close to Niagara Falls
3) Drop available by the Motel, Bus pass given to each person for coming back.
4) I was stuck at some place with my family and called Motel at 11.30pm and the owner came to pick me up. That's a Great Service.

Good people and priced correct.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family