“Cough up the extra 50 bucks and stay elsewhere”
Review of Falls Motel

Falls Motel
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Westbrook, Maine
“Cough up the extra 50 bucks and stay elsewhere”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

While vacationing in Niagara Falls last August I had the misfortune of staying at the Falls Motel. Trying to think of myself as an ultra cool hipster, I decided to forgo the usual chain hotel and spend two nights here, help out a family owned busisness. Yes I read the reviews that said the decor was dated, but hey so's my grandmas house its still a comfortable home away from home. WRONG!! the mattress must have been a relic from the last time the hotel updated which I am guessing must have at least been 40 years ago. I have never in my whole life had such an uncomfortable sleep, it was hard as a rock and covered with plastic I don't even want to imagine what it looked like underneath it. The breakfast in the morning was bottled water, juice boxes, a banana, and some super sweet store bought muffins that my children loved, but they weren't exactly my cup of tea. Yes the two gentlemen that I meant that ran the place were very helpful and went out of there way to be accomadating, but nice only gets you so far. Bottom line: Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Sarahbee40971

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I booked a room here based on the reviews. We were traveling on a very tight budget, and the Falls Motel seemed to fit the bill. The pictures on Expedia, as well as the motel's website are helpful - since they show you what you can expect when you check in. Like the rest of Niagara Falls, this motel is lost in the '70's.
Sure enough, everyone was friendly and helpful, the breakfast basket was appreciated. However, what soured my experience was all the hair on the extra blankets in the closet. That was gross. We needed both extra blankets because the heat was set to 65, and the only way to change it was to call the office. There are also explicit threats on the mirror stating that if you use the washcloths to take off your makeup (and it leaves evidence) you will be charged for a washcloth.
Call me crazy, but I consider heat and washcloths part of doing business. The walls are also very thin.
I would not stay here with my family. I would only stay here again if my wallet forced me to.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank ppin1pod
West Virginia, USA
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I chose this hotel because pf all the Trip Advisor reviews. This place was exactly what we needed. We were a group of 7 so we took three rooms. The rooms are small and cozy and clean. Nothing special but very homey and inviting. It is also in a great location, 10 min drive to the falls and 10 min the other direction to the outlets.

The owners were extremely hospitable. They greeted me by name upon arrival! Never experienced that before. They checked in on us a few times to ask us about our stay and stopped by to recommend the fireworks over the falls that were happening that night. You can tell they really enjoy entertaining people and want you to have a noce stay.

And lastly, its a tremendous value. We paid $250 for 2 nights in 3 rooms for 7 people in total. An excellent value.

I highly recommend the Falls Motel.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank oldirtybuff
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Visited the fall of 2010.A great place to stay. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The owners went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay. Even took us on our own guided tour of the falls and took our personal pictures. The hospitality is beyond reproach. We would certainly rent a car if we visit again as there is a lot of space around town.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank W B
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 4, 2011

we were 2 couples in a 2 double bed room- the room was really tiny and so is the bathroom.
it's 15 minutes drive by bus from the motel to the falls (only a couple of minutes by car)
boring but nice breakfast served the night before .
the crew was really great- helped us a lot with every little thing we needed- they really made everything look better.
the crew has a shuttle to the falls and also they gave us free tickets to the bus .
all in all- if you're going to the Niagara falls- you better find a hotel in the Canadian side- it's much more lively out there, but if you decide to stay on the NY side- this motels is a good choise

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nikoned b
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Smaller, older motel with only a few units.

Rooms are a little cramped but when we go to Buffalo, we are there to shop and don't spend much time in the room anyway so that wasn't a big deal.

Owners are SUPER friendly and helpful. Juice, bananas and muffins were a great continental breakfast!

I'll admit the rooms could use some updating but I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. It's close to all the shopping and it is a nice, clean, safe, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jezzysgurl
Edwardsville, IL
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Yes, this hotel is old and the room and bathroom were small. However, everything was clean and comfortable, and the owners were incredibly nice. We had a room that was around the back, so we had our own little yard-like area, which was great for sitting outside watching the kids play while we relaxed after a day of site seeing. It seemed a bit expensive for the hotel, but I think all hotels around the falls are this time of year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family