“Nice Quiet Clean Hotel”

Best Western Summit Inn
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Toronto. We were able to find a good deal at this hotel, nearer to the Niagara Falls airport than the Falls. Even though it was near the airport, we found it to be a quiet hotel. Very clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was on the 2nd floor. I don't know if they had an elevator or not, we didn't see it. So be prepared to take the stairs. I suspect that their "handicapped" designated rooms may be on the 1st floor. Breakfast was your typical fare but easier than trying to find a breakfast place in the area. The Falls weren't that far away, a short drive away to the American side and Goat Island. We found that we prefer the American side as opposed to staying on the Canadian side, cheaper for one thing, and less zooey for another.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greg2mar
BWSummitInnMgr, Front Office Manager at Best Western Summit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your review! All of your reviews about Niagara Falls are very accurate. We appreciate very much your opinion.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Generally, I like best western quality but Summit In Niagara, NY is an exception. The infrastructure was good but poor maintenance. Stayed single night after a long drive, but too many problems for single night. In less than 12 hours stay, we discovered problems one after another as we started using things. First, A/C was not working properly, it got turned off before the room got cold. I called the front desk about the problem and he came and fixed the problem and also explained why it was turning off early.( But it has never happened to me in any other Hotel). Anyway, he was nice to me and I had no problems with him. Second, the toilet bowl was shaking. No problem with flushing but it was shaky and not stable. First time it scared me because no one would expect a toilet bowl to move when we sit on that. From the second time, guess what, I got used to it. I discovered this after the A/C problem. Third, at 10:45 AM before checkout I discovered that the iron wasn't working property. Because of that I had to wear my t-shirt without ironing it. What really irritated me was when I complained about these problem during check-out, the front office woman didn't even feel sorry about the inconvenience but rather started questioning me, the right word would be, interrogate me. She also told me that they don't use things in the room so we have to complain as we discover issues. Sorry to say, I am your customer and not your Quality Assurance person to inspect every thing in the room and give you a list of things to fix. Overall, I was disappointed with the maintenance and had a bad experience with front office women ( Who was at the front desk while checking-out). Note: This review is not about Best Western in general but specific to Summit Inn location, Niagara fall, NY.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Praboo M
BWSummitInnMgr, General Manager at Best Western Summit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you stayed with our property. Please contact me directly so that I may address your concerns better.

Mike Patel
Best Western Summit Inn

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very nice clean hotel. Pool was very clean and well maintained. Nice no slip surface around the pool. Breakfast was included. No pancakes or french toast, but eggs, cereal, toast, sausage, yoghurt, danishes and drinks etc. Very clean room. Nice beds. Carpets in great shape. AC worked well in 90 degree heat!! Mini fridge in room. Nice TV. Not right near the falls but still close. Close to outlet shopping. Great comfortable place to stay that is well maintained and very clean!

2  Thank Me683
BWSummitInnMgr, Front Office Manager at Best Western Summit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was not sure what to expect after all the reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. The room was a nice size and was very clean. The room had a refidgerator which was great to have cold drinks in after a hot day at the Falls. The Fallls were about 15 minutes away by car, it was fairly easy to find. The pool is really nice and the kids really enjoyed it everyday. The breakfast is amazing you can have cereal, fruit, danish, toast, yogurt, eggs, sausage and even belgium waffles. The breakfast room was large so everyone had a comfortable place to eat. The stay was wonderful and enjoyed by our whole family. The hotel staff was knowledgeable and very helpful.

1  Thank Penny D

Thank you very much for your kind review!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is nice. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean. The breakfast was good but we stayed there for 6 day and it was the same every morning. The pool is nice but the bathrooms are all the way at the other end of the hotel or you go to your room if closer. The internet did not work so well in my room. There is no elevator so if you have someone in your group that can’t do stairs make sure you are on the first floor. It was not too far from the places we were going to that was very nice. Over all it was a very nice place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your review. I apologize that we do not have an elevator. We hope to have one installed by winter time which should save a lot of energy bringing luggage up and down the stairs. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you want fancy, don't stay here. If you want a good, clean hotel at a decent price, with a good, clean pool and a good breakfast then this is the place to stay. The staff was very friendly and we had no problems at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very foul smell to room, very unpleasant. Would not stay again for that reason. Breakfast was ok, limited selection. No elevator so be prepared to carry luggage, etc if on second floor. The rate was the cheapest in the area (close to outlet mall shopping) although next time i would pay a bit more and stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I apologize that your room had a bad odor. If you have a moment could you please contact me at the hotel so that I can add a discount towards your next stay if you would like to come and visit again?