“I'll be back!!!”

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“I'll be back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights from July 20 – July 22, 2011. Upon our arrival to the hotel, my wife and I were quite impressed with the hotel’s clean appearance. Compared to the neighbouring hotels and motels, its curb appeal was great. The interior did not disappoint either. The hotel had workers laying a new carpet throughout the hotel which did not interfere with our stay.

Our visit on the US side of Niagara Falls was mostly driven towards shopping for our baby to be. Initially, my wife and my attention were directed on this. However, the hotel instantly became one of the highlights. Breakfast was plentiful with a “continental breakfast” that met above the traditional continental breakfast standards (compared to Toronto hotels). Besides the typical croissant and bagels, it included boiled eggs and huge waffles that were made fresh from the batter provided – wow! Our delicious and all-you-can-eat breakfasts were a welcome way to begin any day of shopping.

The amenities were simple but well developed. Besides having wireless/wired Internet connections, the computer and printer found in the business room helped gain quick access to on-line coupons along with email. The indoor pool was a good size with the pool gradually levelling from the shallow end of 3 feet to around 5 feet in the deep end. The pool water was warm (which I like) and well maintained – we enjoyed it immensely. Many people positively commented about the exercise room but I never used the facilities. I guess the only drawback was the ice machine was broken in the main hall but ice was painlessly provided at the front desk – not a big deal.

We stayed in room 102 which was in the main hallway close to the main desk. The room came with a strong air-conditioner, 2 queen beds, spacious washroom, and a good sized television with a great selection of channels. Funny note, the blow dryer actually worked and had intense power (first time in all of my travels around the globe!). Housekeeping did a great job in replenishing towels and the room was well cleaned while not disturbing our luggage/property. Absolutely superior when compared to the neighbouring hotel which had a guy pushing a shopping cart in the parking lot filled with a vacuum and towels – no joke.
Thank you again Kristina who managed the hotel so well and knew the area so brilliantly (better than a GPS!).

Before this experience, we have been used to the all-inclusive southern and Caribbean vacations. Yet at a marginal price, we had a great stay while being fairly close to home. Both of us strongly suggest this hotel. Ignore the negative comments by others, there will always be complainers. Do not be fooled by the other hotel reviews –most looked sketchy at best on this strip. However, it should be noted that the Holiday Inn looked impressive but had a higher price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toronto_Traveler77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

I booked my room on BestWestern.com. After booking I received an e-mail confirmation with a phone number if I had any questions regarding the room. I called to alert them I'd be checking in after 12am and the lady said it was no problem - by law they have to keep the room until 7am.

When I arrived there at 2am they had no record of my reservation. The guy at the front desk didn't seem very apologetic at all. He did call to get me a room at another hotel - but I had specifically chosen this one because it had OK reviews. Long story short, I was not reimbursed in any way for them inconveniencing me. I didn't even manage to get to sleep until a quarter to 4 in the morning because of this.

I called the next day and the manager said she was able to find my reservation. It was in the central reservation system but it never made it's way to the hotel's system. It sounds either like BS to me or their booking system is incredibly buggy. If you're traveling on a busy weekend, find some place else. It turns out I enjoyed my weekend much more by staying at a hotel closer to the falls.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank solarfuse
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. Filthy and smells beyond bad. No way this should be called a Best Western. Steer clear.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Lazyjamg
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

It is quite some distance from the falls but no complaints for the price. Night desk was a bit lost in regards to my reservation but managed to get my issues resolved in the morning with the front desk. The complimentary breakfast was quite poor tho.

Room Tip: There are no lifts. Get a ground floor room,
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Washington, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

This hotel is not in a very good area. It also does not have an elevator so we had to lug all of our stuff up the stairs as we were afraid to leave anything in the car. We tried to use a coupon for the room and we were told when we called that a room was not available. We called the 800 and were able to book a room at a much higher price. We should have checked website first. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011
Barrie, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Very thin walls noisy in the hall ways. Good location and value. Clean is always important to me. Friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

Very happy with hotel: room clean and comfortable, continental breakfast had a variety including waffles, staff friendly and very helpful, centrally located to American Falls and State Park. Near NY Power Vista and hands on museum, near Old Fort Niagra and Route 18 Seaway Drive along scenic Lake Ontario. Would recommend it
Judy May 10-13 Suzannes Restaurant only 5 miles away and excellent dining.

Room Tip: We were downstairs and very private, room 105
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple