“Always comes Through”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Been to this restuarant at least ten times. I eat out at many fine establishments and this is the best steakhouse outside NYC in New York. Last visit was the best. Birthday dinner and they brought me out a personalized cake without me asking. Wine was great. Bone in Filet was incredible. Oysters on the half shell served with excellent flourishes. Lobster Bisque perfect. With three other diners who were equally impressed. The wine list could be expanded but many excellent choices. Service was understated but a.ttentive---my favorite style. Too many complaints about prices on this website. You more than get what you pay for and it is not supposed to be a bargain restuarant, it is a luxury one and priced quite reasonably for the quality

There are newer reviews for The Western Door

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great meals, friendly staff, what more could you ask for? During the week we ate there 3 times and it kept getting better. They
made a homemade mushroom soup my wife couldn't get enough of. The steaks were done to perfection. You'll pay a dollar or two but I felt it was well worth the money.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very disappointing, service was slow and the food was just ok for the price. It was luke warm and one of our steaks was very overcooked. At the end of the evening our bill was 320, we left 400, even though we were not thrilled but were looking forward to going out and enjoying the rest of our night on the casino floor. As we exited, the waitress came running out saying we had shorted the bill a hundred dollars, we said this was not possible, it was very embarassing. We gave more money and they said they would review cameras and let us know. Turns out they did call us and the waitress had supposedly dropped the 100 dollar bill as she was taking it to the cashier. They apologized but did not do anything else to make up for the embarassment and wrecked evening. I would not reccomend this place to anyone. The manager chalked it up to "mistakes happen", I will not make the mistake of going here again!

3  Thank MISSYR
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This has to be one of my most favorite steak houses of all time. The meal we had was spectacular! I had the NY Strip and my friend had the prime rib.. all of which were really good and we had no complaints. I would come back here for sure

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Western Door Steak House

This is an expensive steak house that only serves choice, not prime, steaks. We found that strange, to say the least. All four of us ordered steaks, but three steaks were not delivered as ordered. These steaks were all underdone and were just above room temperature and served on cold plates. They had to be sent back. Our waiter was gracious and helpful. This restaurant is not a good value and I cannot recommend it.

2  Thank Homebody44