“A high end NYC stule steakhouse in Western Ny”
Review of The Western Door

The Western Door
Ranked #28 of 296 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Awesome place for high quality steaks and seafood. Excellent wine list and great specialty draft beers.

Not a place you can afford on a weeky basis, but an awesome special occasion treat

There are newer reviews for The Western Door

Reviewed October 24, 2011

It does not take much to describe this-excellent! Reservations required but well worth it! Let Richard and his staff pamper you with excellent food and service!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

A friend of mine told me to go to the Steakhouse for dinner. I had been to the buffet before and this time I was looking for an atmosphere nicer than a cafeteria (The buffet is good and in hindsight, I wish we went there). I was told previously that the steakhouse is good but expensive. First of all, we did not have a reservation because we went to a show first and did not know when we would be done. When we asked to be seated, they said that they needed to take people with reservations first. The odd thing is, they never took our name. We stood around with others wondering where to stand. Then they sat us ten minutes later. They made a big deal about two people serving us but it seems the two didn't know what the other one was doing! We ordered a 24 oz. delmonico steak for the two of us. I expected to pay a plating fee which I didn't have a problem with. I did have a problem that for $55 (plus the $6 plating fee) the steak had a texture of a sirloin NOT a delmonico. The service was slow, too.......After waiting at least 15 minutes after asking for the check, one of the servers wanted to bring me a dessert to take home after I complained about the wait. I said that I didn't want a dessert. I just wanted to leave. He asked me at least 2 more times about wanting to give me a dessert. I told him that I just wanted the check and I wanted to leave.......I would definitely NOT recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Had the rack of lamb with a baked potato, also clams casino as appetizer and lobster macaroni and cheese just because i was curious about it.
The rack of lamb was cooked fine, nothing special, but for $43 for half a rack i can one just as good which is twice as big for half the price at outback. the potato that came with it was dry and somewhat overcooked, and the lobster mac and cheese i couldn't even finish it was so bad, was like it had been sitting in a pan for hours just drying out.
the atmosphere was a bit smoky it should have better ventilation from the casino (i have health issues with cigarette smoke) but also nothing special, no real decor to make it stand out from your average restaurant.
service was decent but overall also was not anywhere near good enough to make up for how horrible the price vs value is.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Very smoky restaurant. Was the most expensive meal we ate while visiting the Falls. The bread basket was the absolute best. My boyfriend had the bone in Ribeye which was outstanding but it was very expensive. My filet was overcooked and my side dishes were barely warm.