“Very Pleasant Experience”

Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Syracuse
“Very Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This hotel is very nice. We had stayed at this Days Inn 1&1/2 years ago and found it acceptable, but have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Niagara Falls twice since. My wife, 13 year old son and I traveled to Niagara Falls to watch the Niagara vs. Sienna basketball game on Feb. 12th and I booked this Days Inn again because it was substantially cheaper. The front desk was great (we didn't check in until after midnight) and the room looked recently remodeled. We were very pleased with our choice of this hotel and will definitely stay here on our next visit to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jw13203

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Upstate, NY
Reviewed January 2, 2010

The one thing that I saw was consistant reading these reviews was that the hotel was clean. This is true, although we were placed in a smoking room it was very clean. The rooms are smaller than they seem on-line. I am a person who's used to staying in 4 star and up hotels and suites but found the room to be very comfortable.

Another thing that is true from most reviews is that the walls are very thin. I thought this may have been an exageration but it wasn't. We heard so clearley into the room next to us that we might as well have been in the room with them. This was annoying, not to mention we went for New Years eve so people were probably louder than ithey would have normally been.

The hotel was a little hard to find due to the way the buildings are numbered so it took calling the hotel twice to get directions for us to get there. Also, the casino was not as close as we thought it would be. It's about a 20 min drive...overall the stay was okay one night was perfect, I wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
ontario
Reviewed December 4, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for our annual shopping weekend. We never got any sleep at all. Walls are paper thin...at 2am person next to us decided to watch tv...we could hear his TV...could probably tell you what show he was watching that is how thin the walls are. Second night, family next to us arrived home at 1:20am...decided to let their kids run the hallway while they sat in their room talking. Kids eventually stayed in the room, but again, we could hear their conversations quite easily...so easy that we could tell how many men, women and children were in the room by their different voices. That is how thin the walls are. This hotel has cheap rates but it is because they cut corners in their construction and put no insulation between the walls.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 25, 2009

All these reviews depend on what you are going away for. I went with my girlfriend for a weekend of Shopping. Stayed one night. Hotel reception very nice, easy check in, room was very clean, room was decent size, tv worked, and I had a great sleep. What else do you need to stay for a night or two? It was perfect.
I read these reviews for cleanliness and bed bug warnings, and that is not a problem at this hotel. Very clean, and basic for a night or two of stay.

The only thing bad I can say about the place is.....the reviews were somewhat bang on about the walls being paper thin. Could hear the tv in the other room faintly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband and I travelled to Niagara Falls/Buffalo for a Buffalo Bills game with three other couples this past weekend and found the Days Inn to be just okay. Our group had two double rooms booked (two couples in each room) and we ended up spending $66 per couple. While this wasn't really overly priced compared to what else was available, I don't feel like it was a great deal either. I think I got what I expected for the price.
Pros: It was really the least expensive hotel in the area that had last minute availability for our group.
Cons: Parking lot was extremely small. Our group travelled all in one car for the two rooms we had booked and when we returned from the casino on Saturday night, we were lucky to get the very last spot in the lot. There was no microwave in our room. The in-room coffeemaker only made one (disgusting) cup of coffee. When you arrive, there are two "packets" of coffee, but only one is regular and the other is decaf. I made the regular cup for myself before the rest of my group woke up and it was the worst cup of coffee I've ever had in my life. While the room seemed clean, I was extremely put off by the sign in the bathroom indicating that they were trying to save the environment and that leaving your towel hanging on the rack meant that you would be using it again and housekeeping would not clean it. The sign encouraged you to leave dirty towels on the floor so they would be washed. I hope this doesn't mean that they don't wash the towels in between guests if they weren't thrown on the floor. (I am a complete germ-freak and always bring my own towels and forgot this time.) Also, in the category of germs, I have been told in the past that the dirtiest part of a hotel room bed is the spread on the top as everyone sits on it and it is not washed nearly as often (if at all) as the sheets on the bed. Upon arrival, I took the spread off the bed and was excited to find that there was a thin blanket underneath it. I thought I hit the jackpot so used this and the bedsheets to cover up with. Unfortunately, the next morning while our group was getting ready to leave for the football game, I witnessed housekeeping "cleaning" the room next door with the door open and guess what! The thin blanket underneath the spread does not get changed either. Ewww!!! This may be standard practice in all hotels, but I was just unfortunate enough to witness it with my own eyes.
Overall, this was an okay stay and I think I got what I expected. The free breakfast was nothing spectacular, but was better than nothing and I thought the coffee there was acceptable, but quite a few people in my group required a trip to Dunkin Donuts down the road. The location wasn't great as far as proximity to the falls and casino (there's no way your'e walking there), the road it's on is really an unexciting place, but there was enough around in the line of stores and fast food options. Also, beware, the numbers on this road do jump up and then down. If you do stay here, don't panic if all of a sudden you're at 2900 and something and think you've passed it. You haven't, it's just a very strange road.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
rickyapatel, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Niagara Falls/Buffalo, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feed back and staying at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you had with our parking. We do have ample parking available in the rear of the hotel. Also we do participate in the Water Conservation Program at this location as mentioned in your review. Let me take this opportunity to give you more details in this program we feel is important to reduce our carbon footprint in the environment. With this program we give the guest the option to assist us with this program if they are staying multiple nights with us. By participating it reduces amount of water wasted along with less chemicals used which comes along with washing linen and terry daily. However if guest do not wish to participate we do change towels and linen daily. Also please feel comfortable in knowing as soon as each guest check out wedo replace all towels and linen for the future arriving guest. Our hotel is also looking to practice in more Green initiatives in the future that do not take away from our guest comfort and expectation while at the same time help protect our environment.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further comment or questions at (716) 743-8912. Again thank for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for your feedback.

Ricky
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This hotel was just average. The room was fairly clean. The room decor was somewhat dated. The continential breakfast was just ok with a few offerings, nothing special. This was our first trip to Niagara and the area is fairly dated, so this hotel may have been a good find for the location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Parchment, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We found the Days Inn and Suites to be comfortable and accomodating. We had to change our dates shortly before our trip, and although we were told we would have to change rooms after the first night, when we arrived were told they were able to change things around so we wouldn't have to make the change. We were extremely pleased with that. The staff was friendly, accomodating, knowledgable and helpful!! The breakfast bar had your basic cold breakfast choices, but was always well stocked and maintained. The room was clean and comfortable, no frills.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple