“Perfect for a one or two night stay”

Days Inn & Suites Niagara Falls / Buffalo
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed November 25, 2009

All these reviews depend on what you are going away for. I went with my girlfriend for a weekend of Shopping. Stayed one night. Hotel reception very nice, easy check in, room was very clean, room was decent size, tv worked, and I had a great sleep. What else do you need to stay for a night or two? It was perfect.
I read these reviews for cleanliness and bed bug warnings, and that is not a problem at this hotel. Very clean, and basic for a night or two of stay.

The only thing bad I can say about the place is.....the reviews were somewhat bang on about the walls being paper thin. Could hear the tv in the other room faintly.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband and I travelled to Niagara Falls/Buffalo for a Buffalo Bills game with three other couples this past weekend and found the Days Inn to be just okay. Our group had two double rooms booked (two couples in each room) and we ended up spending $66 per couple. While this wasn't really overly priced compared to what else was available, I don't feel like it was a great deal either. I think I got what I expected for the price.
Pros: It was really the least expensive hotel in the area that had last minute availability for our group.
Cons: Parking lot was extremely small. Our group travelled all in one car for the two rooms we had booked and when we returned from the casino on Saturday night, we were lucky to get the very last spot in the lot. There was no microwave in our room. The in-room coffeemaker only made one (disgusting) cup of coffee. When you arrive, there are two "packets" of coffee, but only one is regular and the other is decaf. I made the regular cup for myself before the rest of my group woke up and it was the worst cup of coffee I've ever had in my life. While the room seemed clean, I was extremely put off by the sign in the bathroom indicating that they were trying to save the environment and that leaving your towel hanging on the rack meant that you would be using it again and housekeeping would not clean it. The sign encouraged you to leave dirty towels on the floor so they would be washed. I hope this doesn't mean that they don't wash the towels in between guests if they weren't thrown on the floor. (I am a complete germ-freak and always bring my own towels and forgot this time.) Also, in the category of germs, I have been told in the past that the dirtiest part of a hotel room bed is the spread on the top as everyone sits on it and it is not washed nearly as often (if at all) as the sheets on the bed. Upon arrival, I took the spread off the bed and was excited to find that there was a thin blanket underneath it. I thought I hit the jackpot so used this and the bedsheets to cover up with. Unfortunately, the next morning while our group was getting ready to leave for the football game, I witnessed housekeeping "cleaning" the room next door with the door open and guess what! The thin blanket underneath the spread does not get changed either. Ewww!!! This may be standard practice in all hotels, but I was just unfortunate enough to witness it with my own eyes.
Overall, this was an okay stay and I think I got what I expected. The free breakfast was nothing spectacular, but was better than nothing and I thought the coffee there was acceptable, but quite a few people in my group required a trip to Dunkin Donuts down the road. The location wasn't great as far as proximity to the falls and casino (there's no way your'e walking there), the road it's on is really an unexciting place, but there was enough around in the line of stores and fast food options. Also, beware, the numbers on this road do jump up and then down. If you do stay here, don't panic if all of a sudden you're at 2900 and something and think you've passed it. You haven't, it's just a very strange road.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
rickyapatel, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Niagara Falls / Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feed back and staying at our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you had with our parking. We do have ample parking available in the rear of the hotel. Also we do participate in the Water Conservation Program at this location as mentioned in your review. Let me take this opportunity to give you more details in this program we feel is important to reduce our carbon footprint in the environment. With this program we give the guest the option to assist us with this program if they are staying multiple nights with us. By participating it reduces amount of water wasted along with less chemicals used which comes along with washing linen and terry daily. However if guest do not wish to participate we do change towels and linen daily. Also please feel comfortable in knowing as soon as each guest check out wedo replace all towels and linen for the future arriving guest. Our hotel is also looking to practice in more Green initiatives in the future that do not take away from our guest comfort and expectation while at the same time help protect our environment.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further comment or questions at (716) 743-8912. Again thank for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for your feedback.

Ricky

Reviewed July 28, 2009

This hotel was just average. The room was fairly clean. The room decor was somewhat dated. The continential breakfast was just ok with a few offerings, nothing special. This was our first trip to Niagara and the area is fairly dated, so this hotel may have been a good find for the location.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We found the Days Inn and Suites to be comfortable and accomodating. We had to change our dates shortly before our trip, and although we were told we would have to change rooms after the first night, when we arrived were told they were able to change things around so we wouldn't have to make the change. We were extremely pleased with that. The staff was friendly, accomodating, knowledgable and helpful!! The breakfast bar had your basic cold breakfast choices, but was always well stocked and maintained. The room was clean and comfortable, no frills.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I will say this hotel has met my expectations. Breakfast was good. The only problem is that it is little far from the falls. There is also nice pool in the hotel

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We only stayed one night and though we didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, it looked fresh and clean.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pjg1659
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Overall a good stay.

Pros:
Front desk staff is very friendly, checkin took 1 minute. She also recommended a nice family restaurant.
Breakfast has a decent selection.
The hotel is fairly new, and mostly clean.
We used the outdoor pool. It was fine.
Room looks nice although somewhat small.

Cons:
No elevator.
I smelled cigaratte the moment I stepped outside our door, not sure if the smoking room is right next to ours.
The entrance sign is confusing if you are coming from Niagara Falls direction.
There is one laundry machine. There was always someone using it until very late at night. And the dryer doens't seem to be doing its job properly.

It was a pleasant stay. I actually liked the US side of the falls. It's quite and not very touristy. The Canadian side obviously has the better view and much more to do. But it's worth spending a day on the US side.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Aurora09