“Not bad, not great, but adequate.”

Days Inn & Suites Niagara Falls/Buffalo
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Gainesville, Florida
“Not bad, not great, but adequate.”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We booked this hotel because it was one of the cheaper hotels with fairly good reviews. The price was right, but as they say, you get what you pay for. The room was large and pretty clean and the bed was comfy. Parking was tight, and we ended up having to park fairly far from our room each night, but that did not bother me that much. The room had a musty odor, which either dissipated each night we were there, or I just got used to it. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good for us (though seating was an issue), as we are not big breakfast people. I can imagine someone who enjoys large hot breakfasts (or protein) would be disappointed (no bacon, no eggs, etc.). To sum it up, if you are planning a big family vacation to the falls and plan to see all the sights and spend all the money, spring for a more expensive hotel closer to the falls. If you're in Niagara to see the falls on the cheap, and don't mind being a good 10-15 minute drive from the falls, and don't mind staying at a relatively clean but not really nice hotel with a great price, then stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Pune, India
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Days Inn Hotel is value for Money, centrally located & just 10 mins walk from the falls.
The Helipad is just next door. For those who love Asian Indian Food the Punjabi restaurant round the corner is like "Home". Dont miss the Lunch Buffet !!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vidyanand_2011
rickyapatel, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Niagara Falls/Buffalo, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, but we are not the Days Inn at the Falls, we are a short 15 minutes drive to the falls.
Days Inn and Suites – Niagara Falls / Buffalo
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We traveled for the first time from Long Island. We have stayed in many other Days Inn because of the Wyndham rewards program. This is the best one we have stayed in. It looks pretty new. We were very pleased with our room. It was clean and the hall did not smell of smoke. We had a double king suite with a pull out couch. We had a refrig. and micro too. The pool was used each day by the kids. We were able to get ample towels/extra from the front desk. the front desk ladies were the best...friendly and accomodating to what you needed. The little breakfast each morning was fine too...cereal and coffe, danishes and waffles/toast. This is what I normally eat at home, so I was very happy. All I can say was it was clean and the staff was friendly. I would stay here again. We are a family of six so we always need a suite. This one was perfect. We were here only four nights and were surprised that the sheets were completely changed during the stay. When we checked in, everything was pink...sheets and pillow cases. Two days later , all was white!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Streetsboro, OH
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Very clean room, spacious, and the desk clerk was friendly. Only complaint is carrying luggage up and down the stairs to the second floor. Pool was great, daybreak breakfast was good. Clerk gave good restaurant recommendations also.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The room walls are very thin, so you can hear any minor noise from adjacent rooms. At about 10 PM one night people next to my room complaint to the front desk my wife and I were making too much noise (we are both mid fifties, non drinkers, were playing cards). The poorly trained recepcionist called my room and without even asking me if that was true instructed me to keep it quiet. She called a second time and threaten me to call the police to take us out. First time ever, I heard a hotel threatening very decent, both professional guests with the police for NO REASON. The manager whom I spoke the next morning was very arrogant with a take it or leave it attitude, probably because I've pre- paid the stay weeks before the arrival.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lucas286510

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Endicott, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed for 2 days there and loved it. It isn't like Howard Johsons by the falls....this place is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. I loved the service and the employees there. Polite and helpful....unlike Howard Johnsons. I will stay at the Days Inn on Niagria falls blvd everytime we go there and we are in Buffalo a lot. To those people reading the reveiws please take our advice and stay away from the Howard Johnsons closest to the falls. It may be a little cheaper...like $5 difference, but it is filthy there. The days Inn is great, clean and still a better price then most of the places there. Oh yea, did I mention they have a nice pool too. Hope you all really use the reveiws to help you on your vacation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steve12271
US
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We had a nice night here. The room was clean and the pool was nice. We requested a 1st floor room in our reservation, but got a 2nd floor room...when checking in they tried to accommodate us, but it would have been a 1st floor smoking room and we don't smoke. This wasn't a big issue with us we just like being on the 1st floor. If this is a big issue for you (This hotel does not have an elevator) I would call in your reservation instead of reserve online. I cannot complain about this since it does say online that they might not read requests until the day of your stay so you might not get the room you requested. The front desk staff that we dealt with were nice. The people in the room next to us were a bit loud, but that is not the hotels fault. We had a free breakfast and its the usual free breakfast you get at most hotels - I love free breakfasts. There was a computer for guests to use in the lobby - that is always nice!

Room Tip: If you do need a special room (1st floor) I would call in your reservation instead of reserving onli...