“Great Stay for NYE”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Hubby received an inviation to the New Years Eve gala, as a result we stayed at Seneca for three nights in a room with 2 queen beds. Room was comped. As always the rooms are clean, the washroom is large and spacious, with plenty of towels, etc. Saw the Spinners at the Bears Dean - great shown, then heated up to the Events Centre for the Gala, the venue was decorated beautiful, the band was not that great, as soon the clock struck midnight, every one took off - I think they all went downstairs to play the slots. Seneca treats everyone well, rooms are always comped, and never have to pay for food, ate at La Casca (the Italian Restaurant, great service ) food was about a 8 out of 10.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I wanted to plan a quick romantic anniversary getaway for my husband, and being from Philadelphia, Niagara Falls was a perfect spot since we both had not been there and it was driveable in one day. Although not the best time of the year to see the Falls, we were excited to see the sites the city had to offer.

Because I planned the trip a week before we left, we got a great deal on the room. I chose the Corner King Suite and paid $290 for one night. We were on the 25th floor, and our room overlooked the hotel parking lot and Canada. The view was my favorite thing about the room. We both pulled up pillows by the windows and watched everything going on outside. Since we weren't there very long, we didn't watch the tv, but it was a very nice setup. The bathroom was huge and luxurious. The shower was awesome! At nighttime, it was very romantic to turn off the lights in the room, and just have the twinkle of the city lights light up the room with the jacuzzi light.

We ended up getting sidetracked on our trip up to Niagara by a really bad accident on the Thruway, so we got to the hotel much later and much hungrier than I thought, so we attacked the buffet in the hotel for an early dinner. It was awesome. There were so many choices and it all tasted so good! Around midnight, we were hungry again, so we ate at the Three Sisters Cafe. We shared Buffalo Chicken Strips and fries and it hit the spot.

We didn't gamble at all, it's not our thing, but we did walk through the casinos. They seemed very exciting and huge! The smokey atmosphere did kind of annoy us, but since we knew we weren't staying in there, it wasn't too big a deal. I didn't really smell smoke anywhere else in the hotel, including the lobby which was decorated for Christmas and lovely.

The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient. My husband dropped me off at the door and went to park the car in the free lot across the street. By the time he walked in, I was checked in and already waiting for him. We went down to check out the pool to maybe take a swim around 7, but there was an obnoxious group of kids in the pool. I was a little bummed about that.

We woke up early in the morning to the sunrise over the horizon. We ended up checking out early so we could get a quick glimpse of the Falls before the sleet and snow started, but I wished that we could have stayed another night!

I fully recommend this hotel for any couple in the area looking for a quick romantic getaway!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank webegail27
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We found this hotel to be exceptional.
The staff at the check in were very friendly and helpful.
Our room was on the 17th floor, great decor, big huge bathroom, and had great view of the Canadian side.
Casino was lots of fun, black jack dealer was helpful for first timers.
Definately going back and recommending to all of my family and friends.
Thanks Seneca Niagara for making our anniversary an unforgettable one, we will see you again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SEPTGRMA
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The hotel was fabulous, from the friendly and helpful staff to the clean, well appointed rooms. We especially liked the Seneca Indian decor throughout the hotel. We had a great time in the casino even without a big win! Floor staff were plentiful and our drinks arrived quickly. We definitely will make a return visit in a few months time!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Went to see a David Cook concert. The buffet was amazing, and the room was comfortable.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Stayed in room #2408 after seeing a concert at The Bears Den located within the Casino. The Buffet is fantastic. The room was emaculate, classy, most comfortable beds, crisp linens, beautiful bathroom...if the entire place didn't smell so much like smoke it would of been a perfect stay. We were in a non-smoking room, but the smell just stuck to us from just walking through the Casino.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank NYflamingo
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My Husband and I visted the SENECA for my birthday weekend. Everything was wonderful. The service, our room (20th floor) the restaurants, the view, the amenities all were fabulous. The view was breath taking, less than a 10 minute walk to the falls, therefore, I look forward to returning in the summer for our anniversary. We traveled eight hours North to get there however, If the hotel wasn't the ABSOLUTE FABULOUS I WOULD'VE NEVER STAYED THERE TEN MINUTES!!! Its a great place to stay..

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple