“changes in the casino”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 4, 2013

the changes being made to the casino are not good. the thunder falls buffet is not as nice as it used to be. THE FOOD ISN"T THAT GREAT, THE SEATING ARRANGEMENTS ARE WORSE, AND IT'S MUCH TO COLD IN THE RESTAURANT.my friends and I will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is located very close to the Niagara falls park. We booked it as per the reviews and surely this place didn't disappoint. The rooms are really big and clean. It depends which floor and room you get to have the views. We has odd room # so it was parking lot view but other family had even room# so the view was really nice of the mist of the falls and whole canadian side with space needle standing tallest. There are many eating places within or outside the hotel so you cant go wrong with the food. The room service is really fast and call back to ensure the quality and taste of the food was good. Sheraton hotel is also near but its only 4-5 floor high with this being 23 story tall. Valet parking is complementary and there is ample parking space if you want to park on your own. I will surely recommend this place if you are planning to visit Niagara falls and staying there for few days.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I did a lot of research before booking this hotel in Niagara, NY....and I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE! I spoke to someone at the hotel for more than 30 minutes, telling her exactly what we were looking for and convinced me Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel, was the PLACE to stay. Since my son is only 19yo, he (we) had to walk around the entire complex to gain access to our room. OR, you could wait at the front for an employee to ESCORT the entire family through the casino! UGH!! Our room was not ready at 4pm, when we came back at 5pm, NO ONE KNEW WHERE OUR LUGGAGE WAS???? The "falls view" rooms are actually "CASINO ROOF VIEWS" and you could only see a slight mist in the distance from the falls. I had several questions about Niagara Falls, such as the cost to cross the bridge, where does the attractions leave from (NY or Canada side) and NO ONE...NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT NIAGARA FALLS...OMG!! The casino smoke permeated into every inch of the hotel! GROSS!!!
The room, itself, was very nice---modern, clean, very comfortable...the shower was INCREDIBLE! So if you are there to gamble and smoke, not see Niagara Falls, then you would be very happy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sotis333
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a weekend here and loved it! We often stay on the Canadian side of the Falls but it was a nice change to stay on the USA side!

Check-in

Great! Mary was very nice! Our room wasn't ready as we were very early buy they issued us a access card to use the gym and pool.

Room

Awesome! Lots of storage! Feels like it's filled with higher end furnishings. Very comfy feel and they were a great size! The hotel does not have Falls views (on either side). One side faces the town on Niagara Falls, NY and the other side faces the town on Niagara Falls, Ontario. Both sides have river views.

Casino

Nice! It has a smoking and non-smoking side. There was a smell of smoke from time to time but it wasn't too bad.

Restaurants

Good! Nice selection of restaurants! Food is a little pricey but not too bad. There is a little Italian restaurant off property called Villella's Restaurante. It's located out the back of the hotel and to the right about 5 minute walk! IT's a MUST visit! 8 tables total and located inside the Super 8. Food was awesome and reasonable!

Pool

Very nice! Loved the hot tubs and pool! Terrace is nice to sun tan too!

Gym

One of the best equipped hotel gyms I've seen! Great for a workout! My wife was looking for a yoga mat but couldn't locate one but the machine and free weights are great!

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay and we will DEF return!

Room Tip: Go to the Italian Restaurant Villella's! 5 minute walk from the hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tooloon
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel. Check in was quick and efficient.

The lobby and public areas are lovely - marble and expansive ceilings.

Our room had a Falls view and was on the 9th floor - a smoking floor. The first thing I noticed was there was NO smell of smoke anywhere. They must have a great air filtration system.

The entryway was all marble with beautiful floors. The bath was to the right. Gorgeous - with a glass shower big enough for you and 5 or 6 of your friends! It was also immaculate - not a single cobweb in any corner! The rainforest showerhead was much appreciated and I must comment on the fantastic water pressure. You had to be careful while using the sink as they pressure was so tremendous.

Outside of the bathroom was a separate vanity area with a lighted make-up mirror. The counter was the same lovely marble as in the bath.

The room itself was very spacious and had floor to ceiling windows. Our room was a 2-Queen - the beds were extremely comfortable.

The TV was in lovely cabinetry with closets on both ends. We also had a refrigerator (which actually kept stuff cold!) and a safe - both in the same cabinet,

Wi-fi is free - a great bonus - but it only worked within the room the first day. After that I could never connect but had no problem doing so in the lobby - strange.

A shout-out to the housekeeping staff - our room was just immaculate - and it must be hard to keep up with the constant turnover of guests - but they do a great job.

The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly - always a hello or a smile. The 3 Sisters Cafe is a great spot for breakfast - albeit a little slow - and we enjoyed a great fruit and cheese platter from Morrie's. I also had my best coffee there. I have written a separate review on the Western Door Steakhouse, where we had a terrific dinner.

We enjoyed part of an afternoon at the pool. While it is enclosed there is a nice outside area for tanning. There are also 2 of the BIGGEST hot tubs I have ever seen anywhere and we had a great soak after our swim. Towels are provided there.

All in all this was a great getaway and we look forward to returning sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a Falls-view room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mollyanne
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved our room! We had requested a falls view room since it was our anniversary and a nice staff member put us in a room higher up with an amazing view of Canada at night. The hotel and casino were not that Smokey despite previous reviews I had read. Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun in CT are much more smoke filled. The casino was nice won on slots. Downfall of the casino is that they id you so many times..anytime you go in and out of an area and even at the slots even though you had to show id to get into the casino area. Overall good experience and highly recommend the Chocolate Lovers Martini at the Three Sisters!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed in a jacuzzi corner suite for two nights and had an amazing time. The room was clean, comfortable, and luxurious. We used the pool, visited the shops, went to the casino, and ate all of our meals at the hotel. Valet parking, friendly check in staff, and the waitresses/waitors were all very nice.

My only complaint were the two bartenders on duty in the lobby area. Very unfriendly and stiff gents. I don't think they smiled one time.

Other than the blues brothers as I like to call them, our stay was perfect. Definitely will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013