“Quite Nice Hotel but I don't smoke!! :(”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“Quite Nice Hotel but I don't smoke!! :(”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a nice hotel with nice big rooms and nice large windows, we did not get the view of Niagara Falls but it was still nice on the 21st floor.
There are a lot of smokers we had to get use too, some of them look like they go there just to smoke indoors, too many of them.
Our trip turned out to be better than expected as we did find a nice slot machine and ended up leaving with $900 with just $100 investment, awesome return :)
We did go to the Western Door, I loved my filet mignon but my husband was not impressed with his regular N.Y Strip stake.
I think you can't be the best 5 star hotel when you have so many smokers walking around it's hard to deal with that. Other than that I have no complaints, a really nice hotel with large shower too, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Cooperstown for a baseball tournament, the room (jr. suite) was very nice, huge and clean! I only wish we had a better view, but since it was just an overnight stop I was ok with it. The lobby was clean and the staff was very friendly, the only issue I had was the room was booked in my husband's name and when I went to check in they would not give me the key until he had walked in and presented himself at the desk, even though I had his ID. I was a little on the annoyed side by that because we had just had a 12 hour drive from Chicago in terrible weather and it was 1130p and all I wanted to do was get out the car, shower, eat dinner and go to bed. Once we got past that little blip in the radar, all was good. I would definately stay here again if I was going to Niagara Falls. We ate in the restaurant (3 Sisters, I think) and it was very good, had fish for dinner and it was amazing! Our waitress was extrememly friendly and I did not feel rushed to get up from the table. Breakfast was very good as well. The service in the morning was a little slow for breakfast, but we were not in a hurry at all. I did not play in the casino, but my husband did and he said it was great! The only negative I can say is that the hotel is a little dated, but it reminds me of an old Vegas hotel, a little on the dark side.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KSimenas
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We tried to get a room but they were fully booked but we did go the casino part and the restaurant Three Sisters.

The casino was pleasant enough, did not find the payout was higher than on the Canadian side as claimed but maybe it was not our day.

The restaurant was very noisy with servers slamming down utensils in bins constantly, but the food was good and good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Only a little over an hour from Mississauga - great place for an overnight or weekend escape. Buffet dinner is excellent. Rooms are spacious and clean with a lovely view. Tim Hortons on premises - BONUS! Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank IvonneB989
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our 6th stay at Seneca and it could not have been better, except for the weather one day. I had reserved a comp room for May 27th thru May 30th. When we arrived to checkin, they again upgraded us to a corner suite. What was even more interesting, it turned out to be the exact same suite we had last year, 16th floor corner suite with falls view. The only bad day was Tuesday - rained all day. Thank God for the suite. Everyone we dealt with from valet to reception to restaurant to room service to housekeeping was friendly and efficient. We had room service for dinner the first day and they delivered even faster than promised, and the tray was picked up quickly. Also ate at 3 Sisters and the burger place. Both okay. We never do the fancy restaurants or the buffet. Checked out via the TV and all was correct. Looking forward to next year. Hope we get a suite again.

Room Tip: Try for a suite and always ask for falls view (even numbered room).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JLESTO
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I frequent Seneca Niagara at least once every two months, and cannot say anything bad, I have noticed however that it is getting hard to get a good night's sleep due to the quality of the bed and pillows, you would have thought that after the renovations last year they would have purchased pillow top mattresses. The rooms are also very dry as well and you usually wake up in the middle of the night dying of thirst. Smoke is a problem, the smell usually ends up on your bra, your underwear and even on your suitcase, even if you do not wear the clothes you bring you still end up washing them because they stink! The non smoking section is too small. If you smoke you are in heaven, if not you are going to have problems, there is nothing worse than having to leave a machine, because you cannot deal with the guy next to you blowing smoke in your face.
Staff are all friendly and helpful and their comps are best anywhere. I read in a previous review that they are installing better ventalition. I sure hope so, for those of us that do not smoke.

Room Tip: Do not get a room next to the elevator you will not get any sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a Wed. Night so there weren't any bands or any lounge type bars to go to. We hung out at the center bar in the casino which was nice. We were shocked to find out that you get all your drinks for free even at the bar if you play some poker on the machines at the bar. What a bargain! Beware, the restaurants ALL close at 9:30 so make sure you're seated well before then. We arrived at a restaurant at 9:35 and were turned away. There was a 24hour cafe type place which was fine.

• Stayed May 2013
#12 of 51 in Niagara Falls
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!