WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Seneca Niagara caters to their customers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the Seneca Niagara in Niagara NY on December 27, 2012. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but our plane got cancelled due to weather. The reservation department helped me to rearrange my booking and were extremely accommodating and fair due to our circumstances. We had brunch in one of the restaurants and my waffles were amazing and the mushroom soup was incredible. The room overlooked Niagara Falls which was great and our room was extremely clean. The most important thing I can say was that I was also very pleased with a situation that happened to my 10 year old daughter in which the staff helped out to bring a smile to her face. She saved over a $130 plus numerous gift cards from her birthday to spend on our vacation. She lost her purse that carried the items and when I called all the resorts we stayed at it never turned up. She was devastated. I tried calling security at the Seneca and they said it was there! Not too often are people honest enough to turn in a purse of money. From the start to the end the resort accomodated our family. We will be returning back to the area and our only choice resort will be Seneca Niagara!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Maria B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Had joining comp rooms for Christmas night. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Really nice washrooms, with a great walk in shower... very good water pressure! Casino is a lot of fun, lively.. good music, a nice variety of games and free drinks are always a plus! Tried to eat in the newly renovated 'Thunder Falls Buffet' but there was over an hour wait. Ended up eating in the 'Three Sisters' restaurant. Had the Fish Fry which was really tasty, although by the time it was delivered to my table it was cold. My server did offer to get me a new 'Hot' replacement, however I declined. In the end she removed from my bill, which was very nice. Great Service!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ubba2000
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I honestly think that Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel is the only thing going for this sad city. We booked this hotel last minute without any problems and was presently surprised by the beautiful view we had of the falls and Canada. The bed was comfortable,the room was very spacious,parking was free,and the casino was very entertaining! The overall value was great! We defiantly will come here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole E
Harrisville, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Check in was quick and professional. The room was large and well equipped with a huge bathroom and very comfortable bed. The casino was fun and I even made a couple of small hits. The only draw back was the little restaurant right outside the casino entrance. Food was overpriced and not so good. Both my husband and I had the roast beef sandwiches which was dry shaved steak thank god for the a jus on the side. We would definitely stay here again but would skip that little restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in the Seneca Niagara casino/hotel for my 31st birthday as we had concert tickets nearby. First, it was novel to have to walk through the casino every time we had to go somewhere, though I understand that's the keep the problem gamblers from leaving. Unlike on the Canadian side, free drinks and smoking everywhere was also novel. The biggest novelty was getting a "balloon escort" through the casino (remember, it was my birthday) I felt like I was in Oceans 11.

The only negative was that the elevators were broken (flooded apparently) we had to wait 10-15 minutes for the service elevators. Would have been a bigger complaint if we had stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ATjohnpapa
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located and probably one of the better hotels on the US side of Niagara. If visiting the hotel to gamble, perhaps it is the place for you. If visiting to take advantage of the natural beauty and local attractions, stay somewhere else. I recommend bringing your passport and going to the Canadian side. My room was particularly disappointing. The layout was decent but I specifically asked for NON Smoking; I received a smoking room. I settled in and got ready for bed; only to discover stains on the comforter and sheets. There were also stains on the wash cloths and towels. The tag for the comforter is conveniently located directly in the middle of blanket at the head so you have to feel it against your body all night. Half the staff was decent, the other half need new jobs. I will not visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: My room was directly against the elevator shafts. All night I could hear the roaring of the elevator...