“Christmas Getaway”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Had joining comp rooms for Christmas night. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Really nice washrooms, with a great walk in shower... very good water pressure! Casino is a lot of fun, lively.. good music, a nice variety of games and free drinks are always a plus! Tried to eat in the newly renovated 'Thunder Falls Buffet' but there was over an hour wait. Ended up eating in the 'Three Sisters' restaurant. Had the Fish Fry which was really tasty, although by the time it was delivered to my table it was cold. My server did offer to get me a new 'Hot' replacement, however I declined. In the end she removed from my bill, which was very nice. Great Service!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ubba2000
Write a ReviewReviews (1,479)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I honestly think that Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel is the only thing going for this sad city. We booked this hotel last minute without any problems and was presently surprised by the beautiful view we had of the falls and Canada. The bed was comfortable,the room was very spacious,parking was free,and the casino was very entertaining! The overall value was great! We defiantly will come here again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole E
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Check in was quick and professional. The room was large and well equipped with a huge bathroom and very comfortable bed. The casino was fun and I even made a couple of small hits. The only draw back was the little restaurant right outside the casino entrance. Food was overpriced and not so good. Both my husband and I had the roast beef sandwiches which was dry shaved steak thank god for the a jus on the side. We would definitely stay here again but would skip that little restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in the Seneca Niagara casino/hotel for my 31st birthday as we had concert tickets nearby. First, it was novel to have to walk through the casino every time we had to go somewhere, though I understand that's the keep the problem gamblers from leaving. Unlike on the Canadian side, free drinks and smoking everywhere was also novel. The biggest novelty was getting a "balloon escort" through the casino (remember, it was my birthday) I felt like I was in Oceans 11.

The only negative was that the elevators were broken (flooded apparently) we had to wait 10-15 minutes for the service elevators. Would have been a bigger complaint if we had stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATjohnpapa
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located and probably one of the better hotels on the US side of Niagara. If visiting the hotel to gamble, perhaps it is the place for you. If visiting to take advantage of the natural beauty and local attractions, stay somewhere else. I recommend bringing your passport and going to the Canadian side. My room was particularly disappointing. The layout was decent but I specifically asked for NON Smoking; I received a smoking room. I settled in and got ready for bed; only to discover stains on the comforter and sheets. There were also stains on the wash cloths and towels. The tag for the comforter is conveniently located directly in the middle of blanket at the head so you have to feel it against your body all night. Half the staff was decent, the other half need new jobs. I will not visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: My room was directly against the elevator shafts. All night I could hear the roaring of the elevator...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeremy R
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed early Dec overnight.. It was a coplimentary room offer for gambling at the casino throughout the year. I,m not a high roller but was offered the free room. It was quite luxurious. The hotel offers great food...shops and friendly staff. They seem to treat Canadians very well. Locally lots to see and do and a stone throw away from Niagara Falls Ontario...More action and things to do do on Canadian side..But a Superb overnite stay here

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nickpowpow
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here while travelling with family to Niagara Falls and had a great experience. It is situated a block away from the Niagara falls state park, the rooms are luxurious, it has a number of food options including Tim Hortons which is good for a grab and go cheap breakfast and includes free valet parking (which is very helpful given the size of the parking lot is huge)
We had a Falls view room - which is a misnomer because you can't really see the falls but the river and the rising mist from the falls along with the Canada side make a pretty picture.
We didnt spend too much time at the Casino but though not super large it appears big enough. Overall a good stay option, especially if you are stuck on the US side (we were since my parents didnt have a Canada visa). Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family