“Touch of Vegas close to home!”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Touch of Vegas close to home!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Seneca Casino

Stayed two nights Mon Nov 12-Weds Nov 14 with my friend K. After a nightmare drive from Toronto in the rain (five hours instead of the hour and a half it usually takes), we crossed the border and headed straight to Supermarket Liquors before checking into the hotel. Keep driving straight, past the casino, and you will come to PORTAGE so turn left and you will hit the intersection of PINE which has a Walgreens. Turn right onto PINE and follow the road until Niagara Blvd, then keep driving as if you are going to Fashion Outlets. Supermarket Liquors is on the left side of the major intersection which takes you to the outlet and is next to an Ollie’s, and there is also an Arby’s neon sign nearby. We bought Yellowtail Pinot for 3.99 a bottle, on sale from 6.99 a bottle, when it’s usually $10-12 at home. I bought a litre of St. Brendan’s Irish Cream for 13.99. Dinner at Chili’s nearby where we had the dinner for 2 fajitas for 12.79 and a glass of white wine was two for one as well. Love those deals!

Home to the hotel to check in – easy and we were given a great room on the 12th floor, around the corner from the elevators, which overlooked the town but you could see the river to the side. We haven’t had a Falls view room yet. Beautiful rooms, comfy queen beds, and the rooms are far from the hallway with a large foyer, so you do not hear any hallway noises. Coffee maker in rooms – unlike Vegas! (Coffee makers ought to be mandatory!) The toiletries are Gilchrist and Soames Spa Therapy. Separate water closet but no door for full privacy. Flatscreen TV, and a very comfy club chair; because we were also working, my pal K used the desk with free WiFi, and I used the vanity area as a well-lit desk.

Staff were very helpful and friendly and it was easy to ask for an extended check-out on Wednesday as we needed the extra two hours. The room service girl was so friendly and helpful.

We ordered room service for breakfast one day and paid on comp points. If you are a gambler you really ought to have a players card as we stayed here on points and ate on points. The bill at check out was literally $8.64 which was for a tip. I recommend the French Toast with mascarpone/ricotta and fresh berries. One night we ate at Three Sisters and I had a delicious Reuben sandwich. Our last day we ate at the Italian restaurant, la Cascata, and we had the special of three courses for $25 per person. I had bruschetta, lasagna and cannoli - very elegant restaurant and felt like we were in another world. Their Italian bread is yummy but I was surprised they did not serve olive oil for dipping instead of butter.

Parking is free and there is a hotel parking area which leads to the elevators and the hotel side of the complex – it was fantastic to gamble all night and then stagger to bed, without having to leave the building. Lots of great games and we had some luck but “reinvested” the money.

If you are in the US for 48 hours, as a Cdn you are able to bring back liquor at this point, as well as being allowed a total of $800 in purchases. Next to the Boulevard Mall I discovered Premium Liquors which is a superstore of alcohol, an unbelievable selection of wines and of course the spirits section was pretty well loaded too. Nice options of sizes – I bought 200 ml and 375 mls of things I wanted to try, and there is even a wall of 50, 200 and 375 to shop from. Beside the Spirits is Premium Gourmet which has an amazing selection of high end Kitchen Aid tools and the like, as well as oils, vinegars, etc.

There is also one more liquor store we liked – Wine World, across from Kohl’s and Wegman’s on the right side of the road as you drive to Boulevard Mall. It is a new location with a lot of stock. All of these stores have great selection and each had separate deals that made visiting each store worthwhile.

The hotel is conveniently located near the Falls and it is easy to get to Fashion Outlets, Boulevard Mall and Galleria (although you need to take the highway to get there). The only complaint we had, and it is really not much of an issue, is that at night we would hear a weird wooshing noise; we thought it was possibly the airport but it was actually the elevators, so if you are very sensitive to sound, ask to be further from the elevators. I think our room backed onto the elevator column so that explains the noise.

We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Ask to be further from elevators if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Corpus Christi
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel was nice and there are restaurants and shopping within the hotel. The service was not quite what one would expect. They were slow and a little rude, and did not get our room service order right. However, the hotel was set up nice and there was really nothing that would prevent me from returning. The casino was large with a variety of gaming. Not a lot of winning going on that I could see.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rensselaer, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Seneca Hotel & Casino.. It was a nice 2 day stay but wouldnt stay much longer.. Not much to do but gamble which we did and lost, no really pay offs for anyone who went with us. We ate at the steakhouse which everyone enjoyed great food and service..There wasn't alot to do unless you drove your own car which we didn't took the train, future reference if your alble to drive take your own car.. We ended up renting a car for the day and crossing over to the canadian side which was happening more than the U.S. side except for Sandy, bit windy and rainy but cant control the weather..lol.. All and all we had a nice time just a few gliches..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank roxy32164
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel & rooms are all beautifully decorated with much attention given to the Seneca/Iroquois heritage. Displays of the original artwork shows the pride of the people. It is a smoking facility so be sure to ask for a smoke free room/floor, if you faintly smell smoke in your rooms (like I did) they will come spray it down if you don't think it's adequate enough. Pool is good. Exercise rooms is HUGE and has basically everything you need for a full workout. Spa services are suffice but I had to ask the ladies doing out manicures to please stop bashing their coworkers and the whole administration in front of me & my daughter. The were taken aback. But hey, thats not what I paid to come hear, I came to relax. Lobby bar makes some good drinks! 3 Sisters sucks on service...I've been here numerous times over the past few years and the waitresses there rarely check in for refills, answer questions, etc. And the cooks are slow. Expect a good 20-30 minute wait. The buffet is delish, but same stuff everytime I've been there. I usually ask to sit in the chairmans room because it's less noisy in there. Further from the buffet but thats ok. Blues Burger joint is delish if you're in the mood for some grease. Ask for a high up/front facing room to view the falls and away from the elevators cuz those things are constantly running and noisy. Over all, great place!

Room Tip: Ask for Front facing but High UP to view the falls. Lower front facing just look onto the casino roo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Craziendn
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The slot machines were ordinary, but what a pleasure to be able to smoke in the casino! We didn't spend any nights in the hotel, so I can't comment. The personnel was cheerful and helpful. The only reason I wouldn't go back is because they don't have enough of the sort of slot machines that I like.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CyZane
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was absolutely wonderful! I got it for my parents anniversary/dad's birthday weekend. They thoroughly enjoyed their stay. The only thing I would say that was bad was the INTENSE smell of ciggarrette smoke all over hte place. I understand its a smoking casino so it lingered everywhere, but they were on the 7th floor and it still seeped through the doors and caused a little discomfort.

We did however enjoy our check-in. the gentleman gave my parents late check-out for their anniversary for free! and with every hotel guest comes free valet, so it was a pretty great hotel all in all .

the view isn't the greatest - I mean its not Niagara Falls, Ontario (Sorry Niagara, USA) - but they still had a good view of the falls, casino and park

I would recommend this place 5 times over (the King room for $150 on a saturday night - can't go wrong there)

Sidenote- we didnt have breakfast - but it was 12.95 per person (not bad)

the Tim Hortons is tax free - Bagel & Coffee for less than $5.00... YES please!!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better - and a standard king room is more than enough for a couple! AMAZING...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arts_RT
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was time for our semi-annual shopping trip "across the border" and we were looking for a decent, inexpensive room on the American side in Niagara Falls. We searched for accommodation in our price range (below $130 a night) and we were lucky enough to find a great rate at the Seneca Casino, so we jumped at the chance you check out this new hotel.
We were knocked out by this hotel.

The room was huge. It was better than rooms we've stayed at in Vegas.
The beds were comfortable.
The washroom was huge, with an enclosed shower (no tub), a good size sink/vanity and a separate toilet area. Inside the room, there was a separate make-up area.
Lots of wardrobe space.

We were on the 18th floor - overlooking the falls from a floor to ceiling window! Although you could only see the spray, not the actual falls - you did get a great view of the Niagara Falls, Ontario lights.

The check-in and check-out was fast and easy. The casino is large, but smoking is allowed in most of it, so if you don't like smoke - the casino may not be for you.

The hotel has several different restaurants. The buffet was closed for renovations when we were there. We tried the Italian restaurant when we were there: La Cascata. The dining room was classy and the service was great but we didn't think the food was good enough to justify the prices.

Looking at the Seneca website, it appears that the room rates vary depending on the date - with starting prices anywhere from $105 to $325. If you can get a rate of $160 or lower, you'll get a great bargain on a superior hotel!

We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you get the choice, of course, ask for a higher floor and a Falls View Room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
#11 of 51 in Niagara Falls
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!