“Wow !! Great room”

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We ended up booking a corner room with a jacuzzi tub. Remote control for two wall to wall windows ( very cool ) room was very clean and well dressed, all amenities were included, great bed , great bath tub . My wife did ok on the slots , I was at the video poker tables at the bar ( drinks are free when playing ) good couple of days relaxing. Very nice room !!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank franky472

Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I just returned from the Seneca Casino & Hotel and stayed October 1-3, 2011 for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

We were very impressed with this hotel. The rooms are beautifully decorated with wood, marble, separate makeup vanity, etc. Valet parking is free for overnight guests. Staff are great.

Good restaurant in the Lobby area for lighter food items & breakfast. Great lobby bar with lots of activity and ability to 'people watch'.

Saw Rare Earth in concert in the Bears Den on Saturday October 1st (small venue inside the Casino for concerts - only 440 seats). This was a fabulous place to see a concert & very intimate. Everyone is close to the stage and the sound was great. There is a large auditorium for bigger concerts but we did not see this room.

Had dinner at the Western Door Steakhouse inside the Casino on Sunday October 2nd. Very fine dining with exceptional food & staff. Probably the best beef we have ever had. A little expensive but well worth it!

The Casino itself was ok. Live bands all the time was a nice touch and drinks are complimentary if you are betting but the odds were awful. Everyone was losing lots of money with little payout that I could see.

Overall though a great stay and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beth27
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed in corner suite 530 for two nights, Sept 9-11th for a wedding that was also at the casino. Our room was a newly renovated one, with a better nighttime than day view - meaning we faced the casino and the Ontario skyline. Not so pretty during the day, but beautiful to look at once all lit up at night; and to boot, you can sit in the huge in room jacuzzi with the curtains open, because there is no one to see you! My parents had a corner suite with the river view, which was amazing during the day. The air show was also that weekend, and they had a great view of that as well. Keep in mind that the higher the floor, the better the view - but for right now with renovations, the lower floors are the ones that have been renovated. From what I understand, renovations should be complete in Jan/Feb 2012. The renovated rooms are awesome - I love the color scheme they picked. Also, the corner suites are the best - better than the center suites. The windows on both sides make the room feel huge, and they are a decent size to begin with. There is a small fridge which is helpful. We live locally but would definitely return again just for a night away. The only downfall is the smoking everywhere - our room was nonsmoking, but as soon as you go down to the casino, event center, lobby etc you eat smoke. I understand thats part of the draw for smokers but its not enjoyable for the nonsmokers.

Room Tip: Higher up river view rooms are beautiful during the day, but the skyline views on the other side are...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Christen1109
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I reserved a 4-night stay at this hotel over a month ahead, asking for a non-smoking room. On checking in, I was told that there were no more non-smoking rooms available. It was 8:45 pm, and they said that most people had checked in already, and that room availability was limited. They further explained that smoking vs non-smoking preference was considered, but not guaranteed. So I had no choice but to spend the first night in a smoking room. It made me nauseous. And windows do not open, so you have no choice but to breathe the stink. No matter how many times such a room gets sprayed, it still reeks of smoke, with "air freshener" smells layered on top. If you try to go to any of the public areas, they all permit smoking as well, so there is no escaping the smell of stale cigarettes. I greatly regretted staying at this hotel. A very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Show up early in the day if you want your "preference" (they don't consider it a reser...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BinRoundDWorld
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Very nice hotel - great bathrooms. We stayed on a higher floor and had great views of the river and the falls. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: If you like great views ask them to place you on a higher floor facing the water.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank span06
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Seneca Niagara for two nights Sept. 7th-Sept. 9th. This was probably our 12th stay since they opened.
Check in was a breeze at 1:00p.m., as it always is. All desk employees are friendly and helpful. We were put in a newly renovated room which was very nice--new carpets, many features updated, and room very clean and tastefully appointed.

Our stay before this one was not as nice. First of all, we had comped rooms but could never seem to use them until we spoke to a casino host. The desk always told us there were no open rooms, even mid-week. We finally got a room through the casino host. I found the casino itself to be dirtier than usual, the bathrooms unclean and not many servers or other workers not to be found. I e-mailed the casino, stated my concerns, and I have to say that this trip all my issues were addressed and improved. I am sure it was not because of me, but other people must have written or called about the same concerns.
We enjoyed our stay, love the Tim Hortons, Blues Bar Hamburgers, and even the buffet was good.
Overall, a nice stay and back up to high standards.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank c g
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The.price was right at $89 and the newly decorated rooms are very nice. They offer large sized, beautiful granite, marble bathrooms, The beds are comfortable although the pillows are bullet proof hard. Had a non smoking room on the 7th floor, but by morning the hall ways were filled with smoke as the elevators discharged passengers from the casino level over the course of the evening....They say they have a non smoking casino area... but believe me, their air exchangers in the casino have to be pre-world war 2.
The restaurants are average for food quality, but don`t spend the $15 for the buffet breakfast as it was poor and food cold. That is another problem staying here... the location of this Hotel/Casino is located in an area that does not offer easy access to other restaurants or activities..I would not recommend going "hoofin" it, after dark. You are basically a captive audience. Better to stay across the border in Niagara Falls Ontario. Lots of hotels all searching for your business, numerous eating choices... and walk around the area to your hearts content with lots to do other than the casinos......+ all "non-smoking hotels and casinos". I guess by now, you realize I am sensitive to smoke...I don`t have an issue with smokers, I just have problems with the smell and impact on my sinuses.
If you do stay at the Seneca or in Canada... and you are a golfer... take a trip (15 minutes) from either Seneca Casino or Niagara Falls Canada to Hickory Sticks in Lewiston, NY. Great new course, good prices, wonderful staff... well worth a try. ( I believe it is owned by the Seneca Casino/Hotel.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
#10 of 51 in Niagara Falls
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Niagara Falls New York
Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!