“Excellent food”
Review of My Thai - CLOSED

My Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine & Vietnamese Pho in our giant 72 ounce Bowls!Like us on Facebook My Thai NiagaraFollow us on Twitter mythainiagara
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stopped into this newly opened restaurant to grab a quick bite for lunch and could not have been more pleased. The service was excellent and I couldn't have asked for more food wise. With tip it didn't cost me more than $12 and the portion was more than enough. I had to take home the rest for an afternoon snack. I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai and it was delicious. I will definitely stop there again and highly recommend it.

1  Thank Chris C

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Niagara Falls desperately needs an authentic, high-quality Thai restaurant, and, although we were so hopeful after the departure of Mii, My Thai failed to deliver.

Despite the obvious investments in marketing, the room, service, and food quality fell flat. Only open a week and linens were dirty (not changed between diners) and the cloth napkins had grease stains.

Our spring rolls tasted like they came out of the grocer's freezer section as did the vegetables in our entrees. Curry had the consistency of soup, and the Pad Thai was sticky ... both were dreadfully bland. Thai iced tea was served hot with ice cubes in it, resulting in a lukewarm beverage. No beer/wine yet, but I probably won't return to find out unless they address the QC issues in the kitchen.

Servers were earnest but confused. Despite an empty restaurant we sat without waters for 10 minutes, which was also served room temperature with a few melted ice cubes.

The interior had a strange odor and did not seem very clean despite that it is a brand new restaurant. I felt the dim lighting was strategically used to conceal a lot.

Unfortunately this disappointing meal did not come cheap. $40 before tip, and that's excluding alcohol. This is generic, imitation Asian-style food ... residents and tourists alike deserve better.

Skip My Thai...a 15-minute drive to Tonawanda for Saigon Bangkok is well worth it for your Thai fix.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was a bit out of the way (oddly enough in "Little Italy" near an Indian restaurant and an Irish pub- go figure) but worth the 5-10 minute drive. The portions are generous, prices very reasonable, and their smoothies are fantastic. The spring rolls were delicious and the eggrolls so good, we ordered a second round. We got Pad Thai and fried rice. The only two criticisms I have is that most of the seafood in my seafood Pad Thai was artificial- should've stuck with chicken or pork. The other is that the restaurant was very warm- it was actually cooler outside. But on the other hand, we might not have tried the delicious smoothies if it wasn't so stuffy.

2  Thank thecheriwest
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Niagara Falls has been wanting a good Thai-Vietnamese restaurant. Mii definitely fits the bill on all counts.

The service is affable and very friendly. The food comes from the kitchen lightning-fast, so it's always incredibly hot. The food is also incredibly fresh, especially the sprouts and the incredibly fragrant purple basil. I had dinner two nights in a row with my mother (she's 74 and I'm 43) and she cleaned her plate both nights.

The place doesn't have a liquor license but you can bring your own beer or wine (there's a Rite-Aid with ice-cold beer right next door.) The soda is canned and the Thai Iced tea is to-die for. No matter what your selection, the food will always be of high quality. Dinner for the two of us with a shared appetizer (the fried egg rolls are outstanding, stuffed with pork) and beverages cost less than $22 both nights.

The place isn't busy yet, but it will be......the cheerful, colorful atmosphere with eastern artifacts and paintings is as interesting as it is bright.

Highly recommended

3  Thank BuffaloToronto
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Make sure you ask what it is if you dont already know. I had tripe for the first time. Thought it was fish, guess not. The food was amazing. I love that I can get both Thai and Pho at the same place. I have been here a lot in the past few weeks and have never been disapointed.

1  Thank KristenandRay