“Went from so so to good”

Dominic's Little River Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Lewiston, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went from so so to good”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Decided to give this place a try. Went on 7/16 around 7. We were seated very promptly then ended up sitting for close to 20 minutes before a waitress arrived to take our drink orders. By that time we already knew what we were ordering as well. I got a glass of white zin and after 10 minutes it arrived, a very generous poor that took away my irritation at the wait. We ordered the Hungarian peppers as an app and they were delicious. Some of the best I ever had. Before we even finished, our salads were out and before we finished those our entrees. I ordered the blackened shrimp risotto and it was delicious!!! My husband ordered the ahi tuna and a huge disappointment. He was not asked what temp he wanted it and it came out very dry and over cooked. Waitress asked how our meal was and we told her and she was very accommodating, took it back to have a new order placed and it came out perfect and rare, the way it should be. Over all was very pleased but wait times need to be worked on.

Niagara Falls, NY
“Interesting but not a great choice.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The food at this riverfront restaurant is of good quality but it comes with a mixed ambiance. By that I mean the prices are on the high side while they use a combination of inexpensive dishware and smaller portions. It looks more like an informal restaurant on the outside and also upon entering, but the menu is a bit surprising in what they charge for good but average food.

Visited May 2014
Jennifer J, Owner at Dominic's Little River Bar & Grill, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you did not completely enjoy your meal at Dominic's. We are certainly not a fine-dining restaurant, and don't want people to get that impression. Our goal is to provide a restaurant with quality food that differs from the other restaurants in the area. I hope you will stop in again and give us another shot!
Boston MA
“Private buffet was very good”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The restaurant is nicer on the inside than the outside! We had a pleasant private room for 20 or so people. Dinner was $30 pp, including tip. Buffet included salad, bread, simple pork chops, stuffed pork chops, salmon, seafood newburg, rice pilaf, baked potatoes with all of the trimmings available. Dessert was a simple scoop of ice cream. Very nice space, very good food, and VERY nice service. Highly recommended for a small private party or family gathering.

Visited April 2014
Winter Haven, Florida, United States
“We will definitely go back for more!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have dined at Dominic's on several occasions. Food was always first class. The coconut shrimp appetizer is the best I have ever had. My friends had a cup of the french onion soup and couldn't say enough good things about it. They also had the meatloaf, which he said was delicious. It covered half the dish, along with mashed potatoes and veggies. The rest of us had the NY strip, cooked to perfection along with twice baked potato. My mouth begins to water just thinking about it. Great service and very relaxing atmosphere. No room for dessert after this meal, even though they looked wonderful. I definitely would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. Did not make a big dent in our wallet. Very reasonably priced. Looking forward to the next time we are in Niagara Falls so we can dine there again.

• Visited September 2013
“Totally disappointed”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have heard so many great things about this restaurant but I have nothing nice to say. Our waitress was horrible and I don't even know her name. The salad was terrible. It was lettuce, a half a hard tomato and half a cucumber. The appetizer we got was the artichoke stuffed portobello mushroom. It was lukewarm and tasted terrible. My husband got the haddock stuffed with crab and it was very dry and fishy tasting. Haddock should be moist and flaky and not fishy tasting. I got the broccoli with sun dried tomatoes and olive oil and penne pasta. It smelled horrible and tasted worse. I will never go back there nor will I recommend this place to anyone. Get a new chef, some new wait staff. We ate outside and the music was so loud. Never again.

• Visited August 2013