“Amazing Service, Exceptional Taste and Portions! Thanks for making us feel special!”
Review of Kobans

Kobans
Ranked #41 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Kobans was our place of choice for our destination wedding dinner. We had 18 family members travel four hours for our wedding. When we got to Kobans, we were treated with great respect and excellent service. My husband and I had met with the serving staff the night before and felt as if we were in good hands. When we entered the day of the wedding, our table was neatly arranged with linens and fresh bud vases. This is a small touch that is greatly appreciated. We had asked to have appetizers ready at 5:30, and sure enough out came this special delight of an antipasto salad and bread. We were not expecting that, but my taste buds were so happy. As the other appetizers were brought, I realized I should be careful not to eat too much prior to my entre'. The French Onion soup was incredible. My New York Strip steak was so thick and prepared perfectly. I served for five years in a five star restaurant that charged $40 dollars for the steak alone that didn't compare to Kobans. At Koban's we received the 14 oz. New York Strip, a salad, and a side all for $17.25. Seriously, we have eaten at Ruth Chris Steak house, and Koban's steak was better. As for the other family members, we had them order off of the menu in advance. If you are a pasta lover, their lasagna was huge and delicious. My father state the grilled barbeque chicken breast was the best chicken he has ever eaten (Sorry Mom). Oh, and my desert was the Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream Pie. Melts in your mouth for a delight that is cool, and delicious on a warm summer day. I have a feeling that even in the winter the desert is a warm a cozy comfort food because of the hot fudge. My husband an I are agree that Kobans is a restaurant we will crave for back in southwest Pennsylvania. I hope to go back every year for our anniversary.

By the way, we found Kobans via trip advisor. Their rating for the French onion soup and New York strip drove us to viewing their website. The website has everything you need to make your mouth water. This restaurant was picked for our wedding by the internet. How fortunate we were for the four people who reviewed Kobans. Thank you! Our day was made incredible by this exceptional dining experience.

Kobans - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! May all of those visiting and living in Niagara Falls, NY visit your restaurant and have the same taste and service experience!

With highest regards to Kobans,
Dana L. Falosk

3  Thank DanaLFalosk

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We decided to try Koban's for a break from the touristy stuff at Niagara falls. We were so glad we did! Even though we live out of the area we WILL be returning for more. The French onion soup is the best I've ever tried. The baked stuffed potato filling in a piorogi was yummy. My family sampled things from cheese burgers, to lasagne and hot roast beef with gravy and we all came away with stuffed bellies and smiles and lots of take home containers! The portions are large, the prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is clean and homey. Maybe next time I'll be able to save room to try that peanut butter pie.

2  Thank friskybug
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Can't miss with this place. Family owned for years- food consistantly good. Atmosphere good- clean- casual but nice. Great Fish fry on Fridays (better make a reservation during Lent) and they are known for their steak- which is delicious. Off the beaten path but worth the trip.

1  Thank Jakeysnake
Reviewed January 9, 2009

This restaurant is a local favorite and has been around for many years. It is a family restaurant which has fantastic food!

Start out with a drink from the bar at the front. The bartendes are
always very friendly and welcoming.

You have to try he French Onion soup which is excellent! They have great perogies, stuffed with your favorites including sauerkraut which is delicious!

If you're looking for great food and a family atmosphere, this is the place to go!

Reviewed December 31, 2007

We fell upon this restaurant accidentally. You won't find it unless you're looking for it, it is away from the tourist attractions.

This restaurant's food was great. It was very romantic dining by candle light in the diningroom. People were dressed in casual to business attire.

This dinner combination that will not fail you:

Start with the French Onion Soup --- the best I ever had!

The open faced steak sandwich - which is misleading - - it is a great strip steak on top of garlic bread, with a side and salad.

The big finale of the meal was the peanut butter pie - to die for!

Get this and you'll thank me!
Great food and great atmosphere.

(Fun Fact: The owner reminded us both of Frank Sinatra. :) )