“Good food; reasonable price; convenient; extremely busy at times!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #144 of 289 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Good food; reasonable price; convenient; extremely busy at times!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've dined here a number of times throughout the year. Applebee's is conveniently located in the Fashion Outlets Mall, and for that reason, it is busy! If you are planning on going on any weekends, Black Friday, Christmas, this restaurant will be at capacity with a lineup at the entrance with little space for waiting, unless the bar is quieter. The restaurant will not be at its peak efficiency at such times, resulting in slow service, as most restaurants are in like situations. Parking is also challenging to find at these times. The restaurant is a bar and grill, with a "Cheers" style U-shaped full bar concentrated in the centre, flanked by many tables and booths on all sides. The food options are quite varied, and they do offer a lighter healthier menu (i.e. Weight Watchers). I particularly recommend the Buffalo boneless chicken with Buffalo sauce (if you like spicy; although milder sauces are offered) and the Oriental salad is tasty here too with chicken and available in half size. Their menu features a kid's menu. The décor of the restaurant pays homage to the many local soldiers who fought in Afghanistan, sports teams in the Toronto-Buffalo area, as well as local Western New York junior teams, all lending it a homey feel. The dining room/bar is tidy and prices are quite reasonable. *The restroom, however, could be kept more clean and stocked with supplies (soap) as of my last visit. They are handicapped accessible. If you are coming with a handicapped person or someone that cannot negotiate steps easily, I would call ahead for a reservation citing this reason. My server was friendly and reasonably attentive. The restaurant was 3/4 full. Appropriate attire would be casual as you might well expect to see a typical shopper wearing. Opens at 11am daily and closes at 12am, except Saturday at 1am. Take out service is offered on phone-in orders. Credit cards are accepted. I recommend the restaurant for casual dining, but more frequent and stringent checks on restroom cleanliness are required. Note to Canadian visitors: Canadian currency is also accepted, but with a nominal premium charged.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ciaran49

Toronto
“Disgusting Food, Disgusting Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

After shopping at the Fashion Outlets, we thought it was convenient to try out Abblebee's, what a terrible decision that was. The wait was long and not worth it. The food is terrible and the service is worse. We ordered the steak dinner, the menu makes it sound out to be fantastic but boy were we in for a gross surprise. We ordered the steaks medium, instead I got well done and my husbands was medium rare, the fries were nothing special and the "seasonal" vegetables were two pieces of brocolli and a few pieces of zucchini. The steaks tasted like a shoe's rubber sole! So tough to cutt through and tasteless. They had a after taste of burnt oil and were dripping in oil - which begged the question - am I eating fried steak? I kindly asked the waiter if the steaks were fried and he looked at me like I was crazy and said No Maam! I said okay thanks. Low and behold, I read online that Applebee's food are precooked and sent to them in special freezer bags for "re-heating" - AHHHHH it all makes sense now! I am sick to my stomach just remembering the taste of this steak - if it even was steak that I ate. I have had 10x better steak in the Carribean! This chain needs to be shutt down! Where is chef Gordon Ramsey when you need him. Will never return to any Applebee's restuarant. Dont waste your money, seriously!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PrincessPT25
Toronto
“Keep looking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Long wait for terrible food and mediocre service. Ordered a salad that had a 'warm bacon dressing'. Translated = bacon bits and bacon fat poured over the salad. It was revolting! A child at my table had a grilled cheese sandwich with burnt bread and cheese that didn't melt. No one was happy. Will never return.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank FoodSnob1
Niagara Falls
“arrogant servers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had very bad experience ....I was there on monday night with my cousin and my little baby....my little baby made some mess like she threw 2 pieces on the floor....our server michelle was very arrogant ...firstly she gave us check while we were eating and we did nt ask for that....secondly she was really pissed off by seeing a little mess....she made faces and said these people are unbelievable....that was my worst experience.....i would suggest people not to got there esp.with your kid.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Toozi A
Orangeville, Canada
“They tried hard....but the food was bad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We decided to eat at this location simply because of the proximity to the fashion outlet mall. The waiter was very good. He tried his best to service us with attentiveness, quick service, recommending specials and value meals to save some money. After the food came we noticed that the quality of the food was substandard to the service. My steak was way over cooked. He tried to rectify the problem and apologized getting it redone, but this time it was almost raw in the middle. Even he commented that he would not have eaten it. Once again he politely tried to remedy the situation. Finally a happy medium was reached and I got to eat. The remainder of our group of 5 people felt that the food was just barely average but the service was very good. Mert did a great job of trying to make the best of a bad situation.

I am not sure if this was an off day or this is the norm. There seemed to be number of people there and for sure they could not have all been first timers. I would probably give them the benefit of the doubt and try it one more time but order something different next time.

• Visited May 2013