“Real Indian Cuisine”

Zaika Indian Cuisine
Ranked #10 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zaika Indian Cuisine takes pride in serving the best Indian cuisine is proud to serve fresh food without any shortcuts
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This restaurant does not need a new review I guess. It is a small Indian restaurant located couple of mins driving distance from Niagara Falls NY. The restaurant has a lunch buffet and I believe majority of the Indian Food enthusiasts stop by that restaurant once. Selected set of items, extremely well cooked food. Being located in NJ, I hardly remember where in US I had such a good Indian food before. The restaurant being small in area, it is little difficult to accommodate large number of people, specially on a long weekend. But the owner and management takes great care of every customer even at the busiest of hours which is commendable.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant through the 'near me' feature on trip advisor and it was a great encounter. There are many restaurants around the falls but this one is a few blocks away from the falls, about a 5 minute walk; it's really worth it because the food was excellent and the ones nearer don't look so appealing. They have buffet and a la carte but we all were satisfied with the buffet; my favorite was the goat dish. Service is quite professional and attentive, and the table set up is very comfortable. What I really appreciated the most is that we got there at 3pm which you would think is off hours and food would be not as good, but the owner was walking by the dishes making sure quality was always present.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

During our trip to Niagara Falls last month July 3rd week 2014, we stopped at this restaurant with our family here. We took Vegetable Biriyani ToGo and it was awesome.

Thanks for serving good tasty food.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Arriving hungry the evening before an alumni meeting, I went with my wife for dinner. We were fortunate to choose “Zaika Indian Cuisine & Bar” at Niagara Falls, NY. This was an Indian Restaurant, and I happen to be Indian. To list the main pros & cons: The clientele was 95% South Asian in appearance. On arriving and on leaving, we noticed people waiting to get in. The clientele included a fair number of women in Hijabs, but the well stocked bar included several single-malt scotches!! I hope I have communicated the universal nature of this place’s appeal. The staff from the manager on down was friendly, even while running around continuously. (Not surprisingly given the pressure, the service was OK, but less than perfect). They had an evening buffet, which we opted to try. ( I have noticed that choosing from a menu when an Indian restaurant has a buffet is an invitation to very long waiting times). The buffet had a reasonable assortment of vegetarian and non-vegetarian items (Two types of paneer, chickpeas, a potato-vegetable medley, some salad stuff, tandoori chicken, a chicken curry . I may have missed some) for the princely sum of around $14.00. Fresh Naans are brought to the table. Some gravy dishes were swimming in oil, unfortunately a common trait in Indian restaurants. However, everything was tasty, and some packed a considerable punch, which I enjoyed, but could bother some people. Again, I have noticed that Indian restaurants in the U.S. start well, but have a tendency to “dumb down” their spices and cater to their clients in order to stay in business. Not so these stalwarts! For me, the highlight was none of the things I have described, but several signs posted around the buffet emphasizing the restaurant’s policy. In different words, three separate notices asked that their clients taste-test their food before heaping their plates and to return repeatedly rather than waste food.
Many people bemoan the deplorable amounts of food wasted in the US of A, but this is the first time I have found a proprietor risking his establishment for the principle of stopping waste. One notice announced that a 20% surcharge would be imposed for excessive waste. Three cheers for this brave soul, may his cooking live long and prosper

1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

this is my first time trying Indian food, and I love it! price was reasonable, waitress was really friendly. they open until 22:00! good for late dinner.