“Good food, Good Service, Slow Kitchen”

Red Coach Inn - Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Coach Inn - Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The chefs at the Red Coach Inn in Niagara Falls create a new feature menu for lunch and dinner each day. The popular AAA Three Diamond restaurant was rated "Four Stars-Excellent" by the Niagara Gazette, and it was the winner of the Western New York Chef Challenge and the Taste of Buffalo "People's Choice," "New York" and "Best Seafood" awards.A roaring wood fire in the natural stone fireplace warms the Grill Room in winter. In summer the patio, surrounded by a beautiful garden and koi pond is a favorite dining spot. The Rapids Room, an enclosed porch with leaded-glass windows, offers a panoramic view of the majestic Niagara Rapids. The Cruvinet wine bar has rich mahogany paneling with granite and brass accents. It features an array of vintage wines by the glass, flavored coffees, cappuccino, and beers from around the world. The cozy Fireside Room has an extensive library. It is the perfect gathering place for cocktails, an after-dinner drink, or for simply relaxing with a book by the fire. Banquet rooms with picture windows offering spectacular views of the Rapids can comfortably accommodate parties up to 50. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served seven days a week.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our group (consisting of 3 adults) dined here on 6/9/13. It was Sunday afternoon at around 1:30pm. We were greeted and seated immediately. We had a table on the porch, which is very pleasant if the weather is nice. We were able to not only enjoy the surroundings, but since this restaurant is located across the street from Niagara Falls State Park, you can also listen to the roar of the falls while you dine.
Our server was efficient, pleasant, and attentive. On the day we dined, there was apparently some issues in the kitchen because every occupied table on the porch (about 4 other families) including ours had an extensive wait for our entrees. Such a delay seemed odd because we had waited until after the lunch rush, but apparently there was a party that was over-taxing the kitchen. We waited about 45 minutes for our meals (hamburgers, roast beef sandwich, etc.) Our server was very apologetic (even though the problem was not her fault.) We were patient and enjoying the scenery so we didn't mind the wait. However, we did get a free dessert because of the delay!
Once our meals did arrive, we weren't disappointed. I had the roast beef sandwich which was delicious. The fries were also amazing! Even though we had to wait, the food was very good.
Overall, I would definitely visit this restaurant again for both the food and the outdoor dining atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Met up with family and this was not a planned place to eat. We had salads and appetizer which were pretty good. Can't comment on the entrees. The ostrich appetizer was interesting and tasty. I had the coconut shrimp which was a little overdone, but quite edible. The restaurant is just across the street from the raging rapids and is close to pretty much everything. We were there prior to the crowds so we were able to sit there and hang for about three hours without having to hurry and give up our table. This place has been there forever and was interesting in that regard. The prices were average as well and the waitress was great.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great atmosphere and wide menu selection. I had breakfast and dinner at the Red Coach Inn Restaurant and was pleased with all my meals. I had the breakfast sandwich one morning and the eggs benedict which were delicious! For dinner I tried the lobster mac n cheese and the fish n chips. Both far exceed my expectations. There are also 3 different places to dine in the restaurant. In the main dining room with fire place, which is more quiet. Then you can sit either indoors or outdoors on the patio. I loved eating breakfast outside in the morning because you could hear the Falls.

2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My Wife and I had dinner here twice while staying at a nearby B&B and the first time the service was very slow especially considering they were not that busy although I did feel the delay was probably in the kitchen as the waitress Christine was very attentive. The second time was very good. After our order was taken we were given a large piece of fresh bread and two different flavoured butters and olive oil to keep our hunger pains at bay while waiting for our ordered meal. My wife and I had different meals on both occasions and the quality of the food, when it did arrive, was very good indeed. We are both happy to recommend the Red Coach Inn Restaurant but be prepared for a wait although the food is good at a reasonable price.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Nice classic dinning atmosphere and good nightly dinner specials.
Located along the rapids and close to everything. Outdoor seating in nice weather.