“Great pizza. Nice atmosphere.”

Buzzy's New York Style Pizza
Ranked #19 of 291 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Jefferson, PA
“Great pizza. Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Trip Advisor is a great sight to locate "local" places to eat. We can have McDonald's anytime, so it's special to try out where people in the area like to go. Buzzy's is one of those places. The place was busy when we arrived and many of the people were "older". I overheard one man say that he had been coming there for the past 25 years. It had the atmosphere of an "upscale" restaurant without being stuffy. They have an enclosed and open patio for dining.

The service was good and the pizza was very good. We also ordered a Calzone and it was really stuffed with meat and cheese. Our only disappointment was the cheesecake we order to go. I didn't taste like any cheesecake I've had before. It actually didn't taste good at all. We threw much of it away.

We enjoyed Buzzy's, but if we ever go back to Niagara Falls we will probably try another local joint. We WILL however get more Cheese steak subs from Viola's. The best we've even had. : )

• Visited November 2013

• Arabic first
Ohio
“The picture of the pizza on the website does not do the pizza justice.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This is really great pizza. The delivery was well ahead of the 45 minutes they quoted us. The pizza was steaming hot. The sauce was very tasty. The pepperoni thinly sliced but generous. The crust was crispy. This was a rally great pizza and the cost was so reasonable.

• Visited October 2013
Vicenza, Italy
“Big pizzas - big taste”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I liked the pizza, it's rich and big! And the price is average.
Too bad the wine (we ordered one glass) was few and a little bit expensive.
The staff was nice but not very quick, especially when my friend gave them the credit card, it took a while before they brought it back.

But we liked it!

Visited October 2013
Akron, Ohio
“Best Calzones EVER!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

While staying in the area for the weekend, my husband and I ordered calzones to be delivered to our motel room. They were FABULOUS! I honestly cannot say enough good things about them. Generous portions and the ingredients were fresh.

The next night we drove around for an hour, including up and down Military Road, without much success in finding a restaurant. We were looking for a steak house, but couldn't find one. (Yes, there is Applebee's, Panera's and another chain, but nothing jumped out at us.) We passed Buzzy's and I was shocked to see it was a nice little restaurant. We decided to go there. It was family owned/operated, was clean and had a very nice atmosphere. It was hopping, but the staff kept everything moving right along.

(We did notice a very nice little patio that was quaint, but it was just a little too chilly to sit outside.)

We ordered the garlic wings and calzones again. (Couldn't resist!) My tea was freshly brewed and probably the best tea I've ever had. I know I keep saying this, but this was one of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had! The garlic wings were plump, juicy and had just the slightest crisp to the skin. (I don't even like wings. My husband does and talked me into trying one, which turned into three!)

The only downer is if you order the calzones in the restaurant be prepared to wait. The waitress failed to tell us it takes almost 30 minutes. They hand make them upon order and bake them. It's worth the wait, but the staff could tell patrons when ordering so you don't become disgruntled!

Seriously, if you're in the area, stop and try it! You won't be sorry! Another reviewer said it was worth being finger printed at the border for and I agree 100%!!! My only regret is it's so far from home!

• Visited October 2013
Falmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth getting fingerprinted at the border for..................”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited Buzzy's with family who live in Canada, we crossed the US border at the bridge and after handing in our passports for inspection, a short interview, fingerprints and photo taken we were on our way to Buzzy's. I ordered some boneless wings but when the order came the waitress had brought normal wings, she looked like I was insane when I said I had ordered the boneless chicken and I needed the back up of the rest of the party to say that indeed, that is what I had asked for. The pizzas looked great but I stuck with just wings as I am not a big eater. I enjoyed the food and atmosphere, there is nothing like this at home. We had pizza and wings to take away with us. I will probably be remembered as the dumb limey who gets taken out for pizza and wings and just has wings, boneless ones at that!

• Visited August 2013