“Great find in Niagara Falls......”

Fortuna's Restaurant & Banquets
Ranked #53 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and ambiance of Fortuna's. They found us a table on a busy Saturday night and blessed us with a wonderful meal. The house salad dressing is outstanding and the Veal Parm was delectable. The staff was courteous and kind. It is a great little Gold Nugget and we recommend it highly.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were from out of town and decided to check Resturants.com for certificates. Fortuna's was on the list and we decided to give it a try. It is located away from the tourist area in Little Italy so you will need to drive or take a cab to get there if you are staying near the falls. Their hours of operation vary so call ahead to verify and it wouldn't hurt to make a reservation. Don't let the simple outside fool you because the inside is very nice. Not that it matters, but it seems they get more local regulars then out of town guests (at least the night we were there). When we arrived we were seated and waited on promptly. The customers were, for the most part, in dressy casual attire but we also saw some jeans. For dinner I had the Gnocchi with the mushroom & sausage sauce and my wife had Eggplant with mushroom sauce. These selections were some of the mid-priced meals ($16 & $18) and do not come with a salad but you do not need them as the portions were very large. My mushroom & sausage "sauce" contain two whole sausages! I don't know if this restaurant allows it but we could have easily split the meal. We wish we had know this before ordering as we had to leave 1/2 our meal there because, being from out of town, we had no way to take and store it. We would rate the food as very good and we will definitely return when we are again in the area. For a complete menu and other information just google "Fortuna, Niagara Falls".

1  Thank lhat41
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great italian food.
Large menu. Bar and drinks avaiulable
Exceptional friendly service. Plenty of free parking

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great ambience, WONDERFUL lasagna!! An out of the way, simple looking building hides Elegance in its interior.

1  Thank PeterT2012
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have been here several times over the years and have gotten really good food. This is a very typical Italian American restaurant. For what it is, I think the food is good. It's not gourmet, its comfort food.

We started off with some stuffed banana peppers. The stuffing was really good and pepper was spicy. However, some parts of the pepper temperature wise were warm, and the other parts ice cold. Peppers need to be served piping hot and the cheese broiled. C (would have been a solid B if temp was proper)

Next course was soup. I got the special creamy roasted red pepper soup. It was excellent. I loved every bit of it. The creaminess, and the sweet yet savory flavors were spot on. That was a 10. I did try the chicken soup too, and it was really good. A

For entree I got the veal Catatore. Others got the chicken catatore, penne with vodka bolognese, chicken picata with penne pomodoro, and homemade raviolis.

My dish was very rich and tasty served with spaghetti. It had chunks of tasty braised veal that melted in your mouth. The sauce was very good. B+

I tried the vodka bolognese and it was one of the best tasting pasta dishes I have had in a while.What I liked most about this was the creaminess. Great depth and flavors. A+

I was not a fan of the way the chicken catatore was prepared. They used only chicken breasts. True chicken catatore is made with thighs and legs which have way better flavor and don't dry out. C+

I didn't try the picata but it looked good. The penne pomodoro it was served with was really good with fresh tomatoes. B+

The raviolis were a nightmare. They were handmade and looked atrocious. They seriously looked like a 3 year old made them. It would have let is slide somewhat had they not tasted like the worst ravioli in the history of the world. Just awful. The stuffing was very doughy. Not light and delicate. And the flavor almost made me gag, and that's saying a lot because I can eat almost anything. Just horrible. Whoever made them obviously had a bad night or decided to have their 3 year old play in the kitchen. Thank god I didn't order them. F-

For dessert I got the coconut cream pie. OMG! It was AMAZING!! Made in house. Seriously one of the best pieces of pie i've had in a long time. They nailed that one. A++

Overall the experience was very good. We had great service and the speed of the courses was great for a busy Saturday. Another great thing is they give you enormous proportions, and the bread is yummy. Other that the nightmare raviolis and temp of the peppers everything was great. I will be back for more bolognese and pie!!