“Well worth the price.”
Review of Savor

Savor
Reserve with OpenTable
Savor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 311 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Savor, the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute's (NFCI) fine dining restaurant, provides a real-world hands-on learning experience for students enrolled in the Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts, Restaurant Management and Hospitality programs. Savor features an open kitchen where student chefs are on "display" to showcase their talents to the guests. Students work in rotation throughout Savor, including the wood-stone oven, serving fine dining cuisine. The goal is to expose students to classically prepared cuisine, presented in today's modern style, with an emphasis on using high quality local ingredients, all in a state-of-the-art kitchen. Product used in the restaurant are purchased from local sources. Savor's menu changes with the four seasons to give student chefs opportunities to work with and sell the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I ate here twice on my trip to Niagara Falls. The first night I had the lobster ravioli and it was fabulous. The second night I had the pear salad and the scallops and it was terrific too. The wait staff is first class and it was a wonderful experience both times. The restaurant is in the Niagara Culinary Institute and reminds me of restaurants in NYC. For dessert we went to the pastry shop in the school which was right across the hall from Savor. The coffee and desserts were good and very inexpensive.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was recently in Niagara Falls for a conference and ate at Savor two evenings in a row. The restaurant is lovely, well decorated and with an atmosphere of fine dining with reasonable prices. Everything our party of 5 ordered on the first night was wonderful. Ingredients were obviously fresh and the presentation was beautiful. The only negative aspect was that the drinks were very expensive--a beer or glass of wine was $8 or $9, although of excellent quality.

The service on the first night was great. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. The wait staff were prompt and courteous, attentive without hovering.

The second night was a different story. We did not make a reservation. I arrived early to meet someone for drinks and saw many available tables so didn't bother. When the rest of our party arrived, the hostess gave us a bit of an attitude about having no reservation and told us it would be a 15 min wait, even though there were clearly table available. Twenty minutes later, the hostess had disappeared and we were still not seated. We were left waiting, along with several groups of new diners waiting to inquire about seats. After thirty min, we flagged down the maître d' who was very condescending &' told us the hostess would "probably" be back soon. She never came back. After 40 min, we asked the bar tender if he could find out what happened. We were finally seated, after 50 min, by the maître d', at a table that had been vacant the entire time I'd been there. He never apologized for the wait and continued to be condescending, referring to us all as " girls" even though our average age was 60. By this time it was so late we were not in the mood for a big meal & ordered salads & appetizers. Again, all of the food was excellent but the atmosphere of the evening was ruined. Had it not been so late we would have left after our first encounter with the maître d'.

I understand that this restaurant is run by the culinary school and most of the employees are students. Perhaps the person who teaches the hospitality class needs to beef up their lectures.

In sum, the food is amazing, the service inconsistent.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the restaurant of the Niagara Culinary Institute. Needless to say, you are getting the best and brightest chefs and servers here. The menu changes with the seasons and availability of local foods. The service is excellent from the time you walk in till you leave. Jocelyn was not only an excellent and knowledgeable server, she was also a most pleasant person who took time to chat. Nightly specials are both unique and delicious. I had the Rack of Lamb which was done to perfection. The focaccia bread (baked on site) and dipping oil are worth a second order. The deserts are heavenly especially the chocolate mousse. While there you can also visit their deli and pastry shop. If you are looking for fine dinning in Niagara Falls this is the place.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the place for true foodies. The scallop dish was beyond amazing. Try it! First time I experienced molecular cooking. Service was impeccable.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Savor is inside the Culinary Institute of Niagara Falls, which makes it difficult to find, but it's worth hunting for. I went there as it was one place that served a particular beer I wanted, and it was local to my hotel.

I had dinner there on my own, and was provided excellent service by Jay. Very enthusiastic and passionate about the fare offered there, he recommended the steak and cheese pizza, cooked in their wood oven, and discussed different beers to try with me also. Both of his recommendations turned out to be excellent, and his service was extremely pleasant, not overbearing, and he offered enjoyable conversation throughout the evening.

I returned with my fiancee the next day for lunch. Our server did not make quite such an impression, but still did a very good job. We shared the barbeque chicken pizza and the spinach salad, and were again very impressed.

Both times, service was quick and pleasant. The afternoon server was perhaps a little overeager in checking up on us, but that is definitely preferable to being ignored. The manager also came over that day to see how we were doing, which had not happened the night before, so I wonder if the servers in the afternoon are more junior in the courses at the institute than the evening ones.

The view was slightly marred by the roadworks occurring to the road outside, which also prohibited us from sitting outside for lunch due to the noise and dust, which was a shame.

People quote this as expensive, but if you come from London or Toronto, the two cities my fiancee and I live in, it is nothing of the sort. The pizza and two beers in the evening came to $27, plus gratuity. I forget the price of the lunch the next day, but it was similarly reasonable. The food and service there was well worth it.

If you happen to be in the falls and want something a little different, I recommend this wholeheartedly. Plus, it is all prepared by the students at the Culinary Institute, so you are also supporting very promising (from my experience) young careers.