“Everything was delicious.”
Review of Savor

Savor
Reserve with OpenTable
Savor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 295 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Savor, the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute's (NFCI) fine dining restaurant, provides a real-world hands-on learning experience for students enrolled in the Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts, Restaurant Management and Hospitality programs. Savor features an open kitchen where student chefs are on "display" to showcase their talents to the guests. Students work in rotation throughout Savor, including the wood-stone oven, serving fine dining cuisine. The goal is to expose students to classically prepared cuisine, presented in today's modern style, with an emphasis on using high quality local ingredients, all in a state-of-the-art kitchen. Product used in the restaurant are purchased from local sources. Savor's menu changes with the four seasons to give student chefs opportunities to work with and sell the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

There were no students there during our visit, but the staff was extremely personable and helpful. Our entrees, desserts, and wine were some of the best we've had.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Have been raised in the restaurant business, I am generally either overly critical of poor service or incredibly sympathetic for new and not properly trained staff. Here, they tried very hard to portray professionalism from the moment you walked in the door. The staff was attentive (actually TOOOOO attentive)... please don't ask me how everything is... just be in eyesight so that if it is NOT perfect, I can catch your eye and let you know. Also, I prefer that if you insist on pouring my wine, please leave my bottle at my table. I prefer that my food and drink remain at my table as I dine. It is uncomfortable to have someone at your table MULTIPLE times interrupting your meal to pour wine or ask how your food is. The food was actually very good, and portions were sufficient, however, everything in this restaurant was a la carte, so it gets pricy for a full meal. I had the tuna trio which was very tasty and calamari as my appetizer. The calamari was good, but the drizzle over it was skimpy and could have had a bit more zip to it. My husband had the soup of the day which he said was very good and the filet Oscar for his entrée. I tasted it and agreed with him that it was also very good. A nice meal, good service (could have been great - if they stayed away from the table a bit more), but not really worth the cost.

3  Thank Darlene L
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am so happy a high class restaurant has opened in downtown Niagara Falls. We came for lunch on a Saturday, it wasn't busy at all. Every staff from the host to the server was great. We had the Chicken BLT which was awesome, served with delicious fries; the Greek pizza was ok, nothing special; the salad was delicious, nice and fresh berries and lettuce. It is expensive for dinner but I am sure it is worth it. It is great the Culinary Institute opened in Niagara Falls. Visit this building when you visit the Falls, there is also a pastry shop with a great selection of pastries and gelato. There is also a deli where you can get sandwiches and salad quick! Support this place, it is awesome!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent food.ame highly recommended by our Pedi-cab driver. Had lunch there and had to go back the next day because I was craving their Spinach Salad. Soup was also perfect. It's located inside the Niagara Culinary Institute.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

With no passports on us to cross the border, eating options were limited. However, we have eaten at culinary schools in the past with great luck. Decided to give Savor a try. Again we hit a home run. Food was as good as any three or four star restaurant. The place was busy as it was Saturday night. However, staff kept things moving at a relaxed pace. We found the portions more then adequate.