“A Hidden Gem”

Bakery Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #5 of 291 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bakery Restaurant is famous for Steaks, Lobster Tails, BBQ Pork Ribs,Chicken, Seafood, Pasta, Fish Fry, Gluten Free Options, Bakery Burgers, Beef on Weck,Chicken Wings and Tasty Desserts
Niagara Falls, New York
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Was in town looking for my hometown favorite, so of course I thought of the Bakery Lounge. They have a great beef on weck. The beef is tender, moist, and flavorful and the rolls are crusty and hard, perfectly complimenting each other. The gravy was exploding with flavor and the fries had a perfect crispiness to them. My companions had fish fry that they really enjoyed, as well. The dining room atmosphere was dim, quiet and intimate. The wait staff was attentive without hovering. All in all, a very enjoyable experience. I am looking forward to going back for more!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank weckandbuns

Halifax, Canada
“A delightful experience!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Imagine eating dinner in your favorite antique shop! The upper floor of the first level, which is a friendly, inexpensive pub, is a parlor where having dinner is like being in your grandmother's home combined with the charm of your favorite antique shop.
The Friday fish specials, or "fish fries" as we locals call it, are deliciously prepared and under $10! You can have dinner for two with a beer or cocktail and walk away from a bill of about $30!

I have never had a bad meal here. The Italian fish is sumptuous. I would highly recommend it. Parking is ample on the side. The neighborhood is just fine: an old Polish section of Niagara Falls. In fact, this bar/restaurant was once a Polish bakery.

2 Thank John G
pa
“Wonderful meal!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Ok, may not be in the best part of the neighborhood (not from around here, not sure), but the parking lot is well lit. What's worth your time is coming in and having a meal. The restaurant itself is a treat for the eyes with antiques, collectibles and stained glass as the decor. We thoroughly enjoyed finding something really neat to look at every where you turn (even in the ladies room).

Our waitress, Ingrid, was AWESOME! She's so polite, attentive and offers terrific service. She should teach some of the waitstaff I've had the misfortune to have serve me in the past.

We had the lobster stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and I have to say they are very delish! The bread was very fresh and very well could have been homemade. We had the breaded fish dinner and have never had such a good piece of fish. The vegetables were very tasty (and I never like my veggies, but I ate these all). The coleslaw was very good, too.

We had no room for dessert but I would have loved to try the fried cheesecake!

I'm so glad we happened to drive by and something about the place made me take notice Don't bother with the food by the falls- drive out a few miles and Go here, you will be treated well and have a very nice meal at a great price.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank enternamehere
“Made to order food at almost fast food prices!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Worth the trip just to see the eclectic mix of antiques that adorn the premise. The food ranges from appetizers to pasta, steak, seafood, excellent burgers, daily specials and fried cheesecake, if you dare. Most, if not all, items, are homemade. The portions are hearty and the soups are great. Your meal WILL arrive as ordered. How nice. It's a great place for relaxing, catching up with friends and stuffing yourself. If there is something on the dessert menu or special board you really want, pack up part of your dinner for a late night snack. The service is good and friendly.

• Visited September 2012