We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“The whirlpool”

Whirlpool State Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$109.56*
and up
Niagara Falls Helicopter Tour
Certificate of Excellence
Attraction details
Winterville, North Carolina
Level Contributor
5 reviews
4 attraction reviews
“The whirlpool”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Tim, our guide, was very informative and gave of alot of infomation concerning the use of the falls for energy. It was amazing to learn that only 10 percent of the falls is what is diverted to the falls, the other 90 percent goes elsewhere to be used for power for the state of New York. Can you just image the power of the great lakes if nothing was diverted?? WOW

Visited September 2012
Helpful?
Thank Linda T
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a Review

390 reviews from our community

Visitor rating
    205
    139
    42
    3
    1
Date | Rating
  • Chinese (Simplified) first
  • Dutch first
  • English first
  • German first
  • Hebrew first
  • Italian first
  • Japanese first
  • Korean first
  • Portuguese first
  • Russian first
  • Spanish first
  • Any
English first
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 reviews
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Neat”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was one of our stops on the tour we took. I recommend the tour if this is your first trip to the falls. To see the whirlpool in action was something else. We also got to see the jet boat!

Visited September 2012
Helpful?
Thank Linda M
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Port Washington, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
201 reviews
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Just OK”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Given the surroundings, I was very excited about this, but felt let down. When I hear the term "whirlpool," I imagine a swirling, distinct shape. It wasn't nearly that exciting; it was still cool to see the swirling water, though.

Visited August 2012
Helpful?
Thank KCHolle
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
20 reviews
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not sure about the park...”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

though the Jet Boat Tours were incredible! We highly recommend them but don't go unless you love the unexpected. Four individuals were frightened and slowed down our trip...they were moved to the rear of the boat to alleviate their fears.

Visited August 2012
Helpful?
Thank DierksLizzie
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Long Valley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
124 reviews
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“An unexpected free view of the whirlpool”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stopped for a short visit and were surprised at the view we had of the whirlpool from the US side. Since we did not go to the Canadian side, it was the only view we could get of the whirlpool. It was free and a great value.

Visited August 2012
Helpful?
2 Thank MeAndMyHoney
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Whirlpool State Park also viewed

 

Been to Whirlpool State Park? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing