“Only NF attraction worth seeing on the American side.”

Daredevil Museum of Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about the daredevils who tried to conquer the falls at this fascinating museum, where their experiences are recounted through videos, photos and artifacts, including the barrel used by the first male and female pair to plunge over the falls in 1995.
Reviewed October 23, 2010

If you can get beyond the cheesy factor, this little museum is great. Yes, it is in a convenience/souvenir shop. But, it's free and they have no problem with you eating a snack/drink while you are walking around. They have authentic barrels and other contraptions that people have ridden over the falls. Truly interesting!

3  Thank VanDo

Reviewed July 16, 2010

We saw it as part of the IMAX movie. Good display of all the ingenious methods used to try to go over the falls. Gave great facts about the people who were so daring and the reasons they tried to do it. Would recommend doing it with the IMAX movie.

1  Thank ladybug314
Reviewed May 28, 2010

This place is a convenience store with a jet ski and two tubes in it. Granted, it was free, but I'm not sure it can be given the distinction of being called a museum.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

While visiting the American side of the falls, (visit them you will be glad you did) we (by a fluke) came across this neat little store which turned out to be a museum. It looks just like a variety store from the outside so do not be looking for a fancy building. The daredevil exibits are great and free to view. Great place. Enjoy.

Reviewed May 18, 2009

My husband and I visited this attraction a few years ago when we went to Niagara Falls. I was going through my photo album and decided to post some photos of the exhibits that were on display at this museum & write a brief recap of what we saw there.

The daredevil museum is a small "museum" that basically lines the back wall and side wall of the inside of a Niagara Falls souvenier shop. There was no admission fee to see the barrel contraptions, jet ski, photos, or other exhibits that were on display. It was amazing to see the things that people built for their attempted journey over the falls. At the time we visited (2006), there was also a video playing on a mounted tv screen about one of the daredevils who attempted to go over the falls. It did not take us long to walk around and view all of the displays...maybe 20 minutes at most., including watching the video footage.

I feel this museum could have some potential to be a nice tribute to the daredevils who attempted Niagara Falls. I just wish the place had more space to display their items. I remember walking around the t-shirt racks & having a hard time getting photos without bumping into the clothing racks. They do not charge admission, but I believe there was a donation box if you wanted to give a dollar or two towards keeping the museum going.

It was not the easiest place to find since it is inside a souvenier shop. We probabaly would have missed it IF I didn't go looking for it & know exactly what we were looking for. It is a small "museum", but it is definately worth a peek on your way into or out of town!

1  Thank daisyferret1