“Not real impressive. Small aquarium”

Aquarium of Niagara
Book In Advance
More Info
$83.15*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass Package
More attraction details
Owner description: The "First Inland Oceanarium" features more than 1,500 marine animals including sharks, piranha, California sea lions and the endangered Peruvian penguin.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Not a lot of interesting displays. Were not there close to any show times so there wasn't enough to see or do waiting for next show.

There are newer reviews for Aquarium of Niagara

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was nice family time. While it would have been nicer if the aquarium was larger, they made the best of what they have. The show was nice and they performed it three times each day. The price was decent and my children loved the exploration.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Niagra Falls is such a great tourist attraction that you'd think Niagra Falls, New York would be a great tourist city. It is not. It is crummy, run down, and a little scary, to be honest. I wouldn't want to be there after dark. The gigantic casino looms over it all like a gaudy tombstone.

With that in mind, it should come as no surprise that the aquarium is more like a two-level pet store with small fish tanks built into the walls. Some of the tanks had no fish in them, just large plastic fish statues. The seal show that takes place in the large central tank wasn't playing that day, so I got in for half price. Lucky me; I still think I was over-charged.

The biggest complaint, however, was the entire facility smelled like urine. I don't know if it was due to lack of cleanliness or to the simple fact that animals pee anywhere and the cold December weather kept proper air circulation from being an option.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've been a member of the Aquarium on and off for 30 years. My kids and now my grandkids never get tired of seeing the sea lions and penguins, and love feeding the seals in the outside tank (at specified times). It's well worth the price.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

It was just a sad waste of my time. I took the kids and this place was so small it made me ashamed to live so close! To be near a city such as Niagara Falls, you'd expect the aquarium to be something to write home about! Horrible! This is only beneficial if you have extremely young children, other than that, do not waste the gas to get up there from Buffalo!