I'm not a picky person. I understand and can deal with staying at a bare-bones room. I wasn't expecting a palace but I was expecting a lot more than what we experienced at this place! I booked this place based on the three most recent reviews which were quite positive and current. Now I have to wonder if these reviews are genuine.
The negative reviews were from last year and older while the positive ones were just within the last few months and so I thought that perhaps the motel had done some renos. I'm not sure where the pictures on the website came on but our room certainly didn't look like those pictures! The room was located at the very back building basically in this small alleyway... complete with an abandoned shopping cart. When we opened the door, all you could smell was smoke. The lighting was poor. There was a fridge and a microwave basically parked in the middle of the room. The lamps between the two beds didn't work and ended up falling off the wall. This was considered the "family suite" and the 2nd bedroom consisted of a closet-sized room with a BARE mattress ON THE FLOOR. The bathroom was disgusting. There was mold on the blinds, mold on the ceiling and down the walls, mold in the corners on the floor, mold in the shower, mold on the shower curtain. There wasn't enough hot water for everyone to shower. The fridge worked one night but not the second night and the microwave had to stay unplugged because if you plugged it in, it would stay on! The heat didn't work. The only decent thing about the place was that the manager was helpful. He told us how to get to the mall and brought extra towels (thin towels though) and when we told him there was no heat, he told us that there would be a space heater put in the room by the time we got back from dinner... and there was. The room was not cleaned except that the garbage was emptied. And now, my friend has asked me if I have bed bug bites!!
Don't stay here. Stay further from the outlet mall as the reviews for hotels/motels near the mall are not that great and so it makes me wonder if all the places near the mall are dumps. Next time, we will stay in Amherst where there is good shopping and decent hotels and it's not that far of a drive to the outlet mall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New rooms, low prices, great place for families and extended stay. less then 3 miles from Niagara Falls, 1 block to restaurants, shopping, 2 blocks from factory outlets shopping mall, 2 blocks from movie theater. Internet café, high speed wireless internet in each and every room. extended cable channels with free HBO. Seniors discount, low weekly rates, bus / trucks / RV parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pelican Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Motel Niagara Falls
- Pelican Hotel Niagara Falls